Wiki Posts
Search

DL Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2010, 5:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: Flying Blue Gold, Emirates SkyAwards Silver
DL Customer Service

Booked a flight through KLM on Wed for a MAN-JFK-WAD business trip and discovered after I had booked that the MAN-JFK leg was operated by DL. In the summer my fiancée and myself had a horrendous experience coming back from a holiday in NY, at that point i vowed never to fly DL again.

Anyway, my hands were tied with regards to the trip i booked this week and I was forced to fly DL again. I got on the flight with an open mind in the hope that maybe this would repair my opinion of them.....how wrong i was!

The customer service is nothing short of shocking. The FA's were disinterested in any request to the point of being rude. I had my meal almost thrown at me in their rush to get it out. During the flight I asked a passing attendant for a beer and the response was shocking......rolled her eyes and audibly huffed before returning 15 mins later and tossing the can to me without even looking at me! The guy sitting next to me eyes nearly popped out his head when she did it.

The final straw was asking an attendant for a loan of a pen to fill in my customs form (i usually have one in my laptop bag but didn't on this occasion) only to be told 'No.....ive given out 5 pens on this flight and had none of them back'.

Absolutely disgusting service and I will do all i can to avoid DL from now on.

Phew.....had to get that off my chest
Old Nov 14, 2010, 6:15 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Were you actually under the impression you had booked MAN-AMS-JFK?
Didn't you check the flight- number/route by clicking "show details". Looks a bit silly to me! I assume this was in Y. BTW was it a 757 on this flt?
I also sworn to never fly DL after a lot of bad reviews. I'll stick with KL for transatlantic.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 9:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
Were you actually under the impression you had booked MAN-AMS-JFK?
Didn't you check the flight- number/route by clicking "show details". Looks a bit silly to me! I assume this was in Y. BTW was it a 757 on this flt?
I also sworn to never fly DL after a lot of bad reviews. I'll stick with KL for transatlantic.
Not really sure what you're getting at Ralph No i wasn't under the impression it was MAN-AMS-JFK. My final destination was Washington and my hands were tied on the times I could travel due to business requirements......hence ending up on DL. Thankfully my trip back on Wednesday is IAD-CDG-MAN with AF.

Yeah I was in Y and yeah it was a 757.

Several other guys in my team have flown DL over the years and not one of them has a good word to say about DL.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 10:31 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, AA Concierge Key, Delta, United, Emorates, and others
Anybody who flys trascon in a 757 in Y is bound to have problems, Dl or anybody else. I have not had that experience and have no intention of ever doing so. I'd make a connection or two to avoid such an aircraft. Anybody who flys transcon on a US flag carrier is generally less likely to have good things to say that on others, at least in Y. Most people I know fly US carriers only in business or first.

I'd suspect the problems you had are in part associated with flying in an aircraft ill-suited to long distance flight so FA's are always stressed when they TATL with them, so I hear anyway.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 11:34 am

Programs: Delta Silver, HH Gold, Accor Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by SheBangsTheDrums
Not really sure what you're getting at Ralph No i wasn't under the impression it was MAN-AMS-JFK. My final destination was Washington and my hands were tied on the times I could travel due to business requirements......hence ending up on DL.
I thought you was surprised to have DL on MAN-JFK after reading this in your first post:
Booked a flight through KLM on Wed for a MAN-JFK-WAD business trip and discovered after I had booked that the MAN-JFK leg was operated by DL.
, and you were under the impression you had booked MAN-AMS-JFK-Washington because you booked through KLM, and expected all the intl. flt to be operated by KL. Must be my limited English, apologies...
Old Nov 14, 2010, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by KLflyerRalph
I thought you was surprised to have DL on MAN-JFK after reading this in your first post: , and you were under the impression you had booked MAN-AMS-JFK-Washington because you booked through KLM, and expected all the intl. flt to be operated by KL. Must be my limited English, apologies...
Sorry Ralph, maybe i wasnt clear in my post. Anyway, hopefully wont be flying DL again for a while.....if possible
Old Nov 14, 2010, 11:54 am

Programs: Delta DM/2MM, Flying Blue Gold, Hertz Platinum
What's WAD?
Old Nov 14, 2010, 12:11 pm

Programs: DL Silver, UA Silver, Marriott Lifetime Silver, IHG Plat, Hilton Silver
Originally Posted by orlandodlplat
What's WAD?
IAD, I believe.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL PM
Not really sure what you're getting at Ralph No i wasn't under the impression it was MAN-AMS-JFK. .
But surely you understand that a KLM-operated TATL flight is most likely going to depart from, or connect through AMS. The fact that it was MAN direct to JFK should have been a hint that it was a DL flight.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 12:50 pm

Never mind......

Last edited by 53flyer; Nov 15, 2010 at 2:18 am
Old Nov 14, 2010, 12:55 pm

Programs: DL PM

The final straw was asking an attendant for a loan of a pen to fill in my customs form (i usually have one in my laptop bag but didn't on this occasion) only to be told 'No.....ive given out 5 pens on this flight and had none of them back'.
I guess the FA missed the memo stating that FA's are supposed to buy and carry the number of pens equal to the number of passengers on their flight.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 6:33 am
Original Poster

Apologies..........WAD was meant to be DCA.

Originally Posted by ncwillett
I guess the FA missed the memo stating that FA's are supposed to buy and carry the number of pens equal to the number of passengers on their flight.
Hmmm half-expected a wise-... reply like this. I don't think asking for the loan of a pen is too much to expect. Perhaps we have different standards on what common courtesy is?

I should also add....i wasn't asking the FA to go and find one for me. Just to use the one she had clipped in her shirt.

Last edited by SheBangsTheDrums; Nov 15, 2010 at 6:39 am
Old Nov 15, 2010, 6:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ncwillett
But surely you understand that a KLM-operated TATL flight is most likely going to depart from, or connect through AMS. The fact that it was MAN direct to JFK should have been a hint that it was a DL flight.
I'm fairly new to the frequent flyer game.....so no, i didnt realise that off-hand.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 7:49 am
BFG

Programs: SPG Platinum
The MAN-JFK flight is worked by the former Northwest Airlines Flight Attendants. :-(
Old Nov 15, 2010, 8:23 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Apologies..........WAD was meant to be DCA.

Hmmm half-expected a wise-... reply like this. I don't think asking for the loan of a pen is too much to expect. Perhaps we have different standards on what common courtesy is?

I should also add....i wasn't asking the FA to go and find one for me. Just to use the one she had clipped in her shirt.
FAs are required to have a pen on their person at all times during flight - it is an FAA duty item.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.