Search

Sad To Announce SFO-SJC Passed Away

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2010, 1:58 pm

Programs: Delta Plat
So sorry to hear of your loss my sister passed away in september also
Old Nov 14, 2010, 2:30 pm

I am so sorry

I fondly remember your husband's well-written posts on the Delta Forum here on FlyerTalk.

May he rest in peace. I am from the San Jose area. Your husband seemed to enjoy doing the DOs and participating in our discussions here on Flyertalk. Please keep his account open. Maybe you could write trip reports in his memory and post here from time to time. I think this is what he would have wanted you to do to keep his memory alive.

Best Wishes and God Bless You,

Daniel
Old Nov 14, 2010, 3:14 pm

My thoughts are with you.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 5:04 pm

Programs: DL KM/DM/2MM (NH Plat emeritus, CO Plat emeritus, and no place like home)
Our condolences to you and the family

I was sad to read the news. Our condolences and prays to you and the family at this time.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 5:10 pm

So sorry to hear of your loss.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 5:40 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Thank you so much for coming to the forum to give us the news. I am so sorry for your loss.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 5:47 pm

Deepest condolences.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 5:50 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by Mrs. SFO-SJC Flyer
Hello:
This is Mrs. SFO-SJC, Nancy Feldstein. My husband Ken was a fairly active member of the Delta Board for quite a few years and we attended several flyer "dos" in San Francisco and one in Burlingame.

Ken passed away of blood poisoning & pneumonia on Sept. 21, 2010. It was quite unexpected. He was scheduled to have a new chemo port installed on Sept. 22. Of course myself and his family are heartbroken to have lost this very wonderful man with such a powerful spirit.

If there is anywhere else I should post this notice, please let me know.
I don't know which threads Ken subscribed to, so I'm posting on the Delta thread hoping someone will remember him and if I'm on the wrong board, direct me to the correct board.

May God bless all members of this board - I know he so enjoyed reading the posts and gleened so much valuable information out of this website.

Sincerely,
Nancy Feldstein
Nancy, thank you very much for informing the FlyerTalk community of the passing of your husband. Please accept my condolences. May he rest in peace, as he will be missed.

It is nice to know that FlyerTalk had a positive influence on his life and that he had so many friends here on FlyerTalk.

Speaking for myself, if there is anything I can do, please do not hesitate to contact me and let me know.

Sincerely,

Canarsie
Co-Moderator, Delta forum
Old Nov 14, 2010, 7:05 pm

Programs: DL/UA/AA/BA
Thank you for posting. As a community of frequent fliers, we long think of our loved ones back at home. Thank you for reaching out to us, as we're always thinking of our loved ones like you back home. At this forum we illuminate, argue and sometimes even spar, but wouldn't do so unless we cared for another's experience. Know we appreciated your husband that cared to share.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 8:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM; Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite
Very sorry to hear this. My MIL will likely be dying from Pancreatic Cancer in the next month or so. It's just a horrible disease.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 9:01 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by PresRDC
Very sorry to hear this. My MIL will likely be dying from Pancreatic Cancer in the next month or so. It's just a horrible disease.
I know.

I have two uncles that have died from this horrific disease. One died only three weeks after his first diagnosis twenty years ago; the other died 18 months after his first diagnosis five years ago. While survival rates have increased, a confirmed diagnosis of pancreatic cancer is still practically an automatic death sentence.

Here is an organization to which my widowed aunt belongs that is dedicated to fighting this relentless enemy known as pancreatic cancer...
Old Nov 14, 2010, 9:16 pm
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

I am so sorry for your loss, my deepest condolences to you and your family.

May your husband rest in peace.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 9:42 pm

Programs: Delta DM/3 MM; Hertz PC; National EE; Amtrak GR; Bonvoy Silver; Via Rail Préférence
Recquiescat in pacem.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAPlat; *Gold; Hyatt Diam; SPG Plat; PWP goddess
While I am not a Delta flyer, I just wanted to add my sympathies over your loss. It reminds us all of how dear life is, and to not to take anything for granted. Thank you for informing the FT family/community in your time of healing!:-:
Old Nov 15, 2010, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
Nancy, I'm so sorry for your loss. Ken is a highly missed member on here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.