Wiki Posts
Search

MR- same plane on OB and Return okay?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2010, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM; SPG Plat; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by javabytes
This will not work if you are inside the minimum required check-in time. I know at most airports it's 30m, but with a 40m turn and a few extra minutes taxiing or fighting your way up from coach, you can easily miss the window.

Can I checkin online while on the plane to SFO and select "print boarding pass at kiosk", then just ask the GA to print it for me? That way I'm "checked in" before the 30min rule.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 3:54 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
I did a same-day turn on the LGA-ORD shuttle. Disembarked, printed my return flight BP at the kiosk and got right back on the same aircraft, at the same gate. The gate agent gave me a strange look and said, "Didn't you just get off?" and I just smiled and said, "Triple miles promo."
Old Nov 12, 2010, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by presto310
Can I checkin online while on the plane to SFO and select "print boarding pass at kiosk", then just ask the GA to print it for me? That way I'm "checked in" before the 30min rule.
Yes, that's a great way to do it. Not sure what happens if you end up missing the flight (i.e. checked in and not showing up). It's technically not a connection since you are making the turn. I'm sure you'll be accommodated, but it might make things a little interesting.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 5:33 pm
Suspended

Programs: CO PP, AA EXP, UA 1K, DL DIA
Originally Posted by FlyAO2
Alternatively, you can scan your skymiles card at an open gate to spit out a boarding pass receipt.
+1, when I travel same day business trips I receive both boarding passes when I check in.

Cant you also check in online and print boarding passes up to 24 hours before departure?
Old Nov 13, 2010, 6:46 pm

Programs: Non-Affiliated
Last week I had a BNA-SLC-SMF-SLC-BNA MR. I had the same equipment on BNA-SLC-SMF-SLC. It's kind of nice with a really short connection to know your flight is serving the next leg. Odds are you won't miss it.

Had the same crew SLC-SMF-SLC, and they asked me the same... "Needed some miles?" Then she went on to say "I've HEARD of that, but never met anyone!"
Old Nov 13, 2010, 8:26 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond since inception
I agree - this is my favorite way of doing a MR turn. Then you never have to worry about missing the return flight. The GA at any gate will print your boarding pass - they sometimes look at you weird like "how did you get through secururity" but never any problems.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 10:16 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVPG
Meh no worry, just did one yesterday, although my butt is kinda sored after ATL-SFO-ATL in Coach!! Exit row!!! Less padded as we all know and some...accustomed to.
Old Nov 14, 2010, 12:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Did this with CP back in 2007 or 08... friend wanted MVPG status on AS and there was a cheap fare to MHT from GEG, and we ended up on the same E190 MSP-MHT. Ended up on the same flight to/from due to an AS delay. Nice service on the way over, even nicer on the return. Almost missed the return flight as I purchased some post cards, and left security to mail them. But time was getting a bit short, and couldn't get there in time. (and nobody was willing to mail them for me - heard them paging me for the departure by name so I tried going thru security. Problem was there was a bunch of boarding passes in my pack, so it took me a minute to find the right one. Barely made it on the plane, and my friend apparently told the crew it was ok to leave me Also have done this a couple times on AS ^ Yes the F/A's think we're crazy. They might be right

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.