Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Intl DL/AF Trip: Turning Plat Mid-way / Lounges / Y+ etc

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2010, 12:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM

Hi, so I have about 73.3k MQM right now and my next trip starts next week. Its multi-leg itinerary. The first will get me 1.4k (keeping me short by just ~300 miles). Two days after that is the next leg (all Y): BWI-JFK-CDG-BOM. It will get me to Platinum after the BWI-JFK. Thats the background - hoping some of you can help with these:

1. Have a 5h layover at JFK and would like to use a lounge along with Mrs.YesLetsDiscuss. Since the BWI-JFK miles won't post by then, I am planning to take an SM activity print out from the previous day and then show the BPs. How are the chances of that working? Which SCs are the better ones? Or should we go for the AF lounge since its AF metal from JFK?

2. JFK-CDG and CDG-BOM are on AF. We have 3h in CDG and would like to use a lounge again. Of course, the miles won't be posted, and I won't have ST Elite Plus on the BP. Will the print outs work? Is an invitation required to go into an AF lounge? Should I try to get something from the AF lounge in JFK?

3. Its presently a Y itinerary. I was able to only select only seats near the back on DL's website. On the phone with AF, I got conflicting answers about the availability of better Y seats for DL tickets. Will they open up the seats 30h before the flight?

4. I've heard that they sometimes offer Premuim Voyageur while checking in a kiosk if its available. Is that true? How can I avail of that if I am checking in with DL?

I am planning to call DL couple days after reaching BOM to ask them to update my status on the itinerary for the return legs.

Thanks in advance and happy travels!
Old Nov 9, 2010, 12:35 pm

Programs: Delta DM, Hilton Gold
I reached PM halfway thru a PIT-ATL-MAN-ATL-PIT trip. My status updated during my 2 day stay in MAN, and printed on my BP issued at MAN. The checkin agent also gave me directions to the AF lounge in MAN, but no formal invitation like I've received when flying KE for example.

I did inquire with the Medallion Desk before my trip and they indicated that if the computers didn't have my updated status yet then providing a print out of account history would work, but I never tried this so YMMV.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 12:58 pm

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Your miles are not going to post within 5 hours after you earned them, they won't post for up to 24 hours, so if you print out your account history there won't be anything to show them. Your status then won't be updated until 24 hours after that, so again you are going to be out of luck. Once your miles post, I would suggest calling the SMs line and ask if the can up date your status right away, but even then that will take a few hours.

Good Luck
Old Nov 9, 2010, 1:25 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jmertic
I reached PM halfway thru a PIT-ATL-MAN-ATL-PIT trip. My status updated during my 2 day stay in MAN, and printed on my BP issued at MAN. The checkin agent also gave me directions to the AF lounge in MAN, but no formal invitation like I've received when flying KE for example.

I did inquire with the Medallion Desk before my trip and they indicated that if the computers didn't have my updated status yet then providing a print out of account history would work, but I never tried this so YMMV.
Thanks...I don't think I will have any issues coming back from BOM, but will have to try the print out.

Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
Your miles are not going to post within 5 hours after you earned them, they won't post for up to 24 hours, so if you print out your account history there won't be anything to show them. Your status then won't be updated until 24 hours after that, so again you are going to be out of luck. Once your miles post, I would suggest calling the SMs line and ask if the can up date your status right away, but even then that will take a few hours.

Good Luck
I know they won't post. Thats why I am asking if anyone has tried the only option I am left with - printing account history and showing the disembarked flight's BP.

Any more thoughts?

Last edited by YesLetsDiscuss; Nov 10, 2010 at 9:18 am
Old Nov 12, 2010, 9:18 am
Original Poster

So has anyone tried to access a lounge right after the flight that takes you over the Platinum threshold (before miles from the just disembarked flight are posted)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.