Community
Wiki Posts
Search

PIT SkyClub?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9, 2010, 6:37 am
Original Poster

PIT SkyClub?

I notice on Delta.com it says entrance to the US Air club at PIT is only for customers on the non-stop PIT to CDG flight. Anyone have any luck getting into that club when travelling to ATL or JFK or DTW? I'm travelling in Business Class from PIT to ATL to MUC and am wondering if I'll be able to get an invite or something at checkin to use the US Air club.
Old Nov 9, 2010, 12:24 pm

Programs: Ikon Pass Full + AS Gold + Marriott Titanium + Hilton Gold. Recovering UA Plat. LT lounge AA+DL+UA
The US Clubs are better than the terminal, but nothing special. I'd ask for an invite at check-in, and show your BF BP at the club...but not getting access really is no big deal. (Unless you have a passion for domestic lite beer).
Old Nov 12, 2010, 9:57 am

WOW. I am a bit impressed. I brought up this issue about a month ago with Delta and indicated their website was inaccurate. I guess they corrected the data. Kudos.

Unfortunately the lounge is only available for PIT-CDG for F, Sky-Team Elite and Sky Club Members.

Having AC OUTLETS is the main advantage. They are few and far between at PIT.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 10:31 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Originally Posted by mc40638
Unfortunately the lounge is only available for PIT-CDG for F, Sky-Team Elite and Sky Club Members.
So if you're a sky club member you have access, even if you're not flying to CDG???
Old Nov 12, 2010, 10:36 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Juanefny
So if you're a sky club member you have access, even if you're not flying to CDG???
No. If you are flying to CDG and are in Biz Elite or are a Sky Team Elite + or Sky Club member, then you can get in. Being just a Sky Club member wont do it.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 11:17 am
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
I just noticed that they DID change DL.com to reflect the limited access to the non-stop flight ONLY! That said, the exact wording is:

*Must be traveling non-stop between Pittsburgh and Paris, Charles de Gualle, for access.

I'm flying outbound via JFK next month, but returning on the non-stop, and I would usually want to get home, but I've lived in PIT all my life and NEVER seen the inside of the US Airways Club, so I might just try to get in after my arrival on the non-stop!
Old Nov 12, 2010, 11:23 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Originally Posted by TiredOfTooMuchTravel
No. If you are flying to CDG and are in Biz Elite or are a Sky Team Elite + or Sky Club member, then you can get in. Being just a Sky Club member wont do it.
I really wish they opened up access at least to DMs.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 11:25 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum for Life.
Originally Posted by davetravels
I but I've lived in PIT all my life and NEVER seen the inside of the US Airways Club, so I might just try to get in after my arrival on the non-stop!
You're not missing much. I used to live in this US Club every week and the Ladies always took good care of me. I still stop by to see them when I fly home to visit the family.

I used the US Club when I took the PIT to CDG flight in early October. It's a ghost town and former shell of itself.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 11:27 am

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Originally Posted by trvlr64
You're not missing much. I used to live in this US Club every week and the Ladies always took good care of me. I still stop by to see them when I fly home to visit the family.

I used the US Club when I took the PIT to CDG flight in early October. It's a ghost town and former shell of itself.
Any decent snax there? Veggies? Cheese - whether real or fake? I heard drinks cost $1 due to some crazy liquor law? If so, is that for soft drinks, too?
Old Nov 12, 2010, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The snacks are better than most SC, the wifi is free (ask for a card) and only the cheap beer and wine is $1 and the better stuff is not exactly cheap.

MisterNice
Old Nov 12, 2010, 12:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by MisterNice
The snacks are better than most SC, the wifi is free (ask for a card) and only the cheap beer and wine is $1 and the better stuff is not exactly cheap.

MisterNice
Granted, I've been there in the mornings most of the time, where the snacks were rather stale croissants. Around 1100a they did put out some packaged Milano cookies though.

Would say at best it's on par with a SkyClub in snacks. Decor is a bit dated in there. Still rather large in size from the hub days; I always had more than enough room to spread out.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 12:50 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott G, Hilton G
What if you are STE+ and returning from CDG but have a layover.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 1:41 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Ok, I am sitting in the PIT club now. The snacks are not impressive. I see apples, cheddar cheese, monterey jack cheese, pretzels. Trail mix, milanos, and some chips. It is ok, but presentation is ehhhhh ok.

$1 bud/lite and wine.

Decor resembles MSP F/G. Sort of that employee cafeteria thing.... Club is VERY quiet.

CLT is nicer.

There are a lot of power outlets, which is a huge plus.
Old Nov 12, 2010, 1:44 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
FYI I entered using my CO PC card, as they did not accept just a SC membership( i did not think they would)
Old Nov 12, 2010, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by avflyer
What if you are STE+ and returning from CDG but have a layover.
If you read my post #6 above, the wording from DL.com seems to indicate that US Club access should be granted in either direction - eastbound or westbound - but what happens in reality, who knows!

Just a side note that I'd luv to know how much DL has to pay US, or any other lounge operator, for each person who enters, in situations like this!

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
Ok, I am sitting in the PIT club now. The snacks are not impressive. I see apples, cheddar cheese, monterey jack cheese, . . . .
Ok, I've just GOTTA know!! It is REAL or FAKE cheese!!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.