Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Uhh Delta shouldnt Vegetarian meal be Vegetarian?

Old Oct 30, 2010, 9:54 am
Original Poster

Order a vegetarian meal for my flight get it ask hostess what it is says this and that but doesn't know much cause Delta doesn't tell her. Ok fine. I am done eating and check the ingredients of the ranch dressing and it says "Contains Milk FISH soy". I complain to FA she says go to delta.com and complain there they'll handle it. Umm hello Delta, I've been veg. my whole life and this is truly disgusting to me and really sad. I did write to delta.com from the flight.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 10:27 am

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
You do realize that its Soybean, right?

Just like Chicken Soy...
Old Oct 30, 2010, 10:38 am

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Originally Posted by nas6034
...I've been veg. my whole life and this is truly disgusting to me and really sad...

I bet it isn't the first accident you've had in your life. No idea what milk fish soy is, but I'm a carnivore, and it doesn't sound so appealing to me either
Old Oct 30, 2010, 10:53 am

No idea what milk fish soy is,
Imitation fish made with soybean.

I eat red meat practically every day and even I knew this...
Old Oct 30, 2010, 10:57 am

Honestly, when it comes to catering Delta's caterers are really not up to the task.

I usually pre-order a MOML (Muslim) meal and always get a VGML meal (the last time the little slip of paper had MOML written in marker OVER the "VGML" written in pen...been meaning to post it for a chuckle...)

The VGML/MOML meals are usually pretty disgusting....
Old Oct 30, 2010, 11:02 am

Location: SEA - DL DM/2MM, *A Gold, SPG Lifetime Plat, some other car and hotel stuff
Originally Posted by andymo99
...No idea what milk fish soy is, but I'm a carnivore...
Originally Posted by lsugolfer
Imitation fish made with soybean.

I eat red meat practically every day and even I knew this...

Google "milk fish soy." There is nothing on the first few pages of results that is descriptive. Thanks for the info.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WWF, Appalachian Mountain Club
Originally Posted by Burj
Honestly, when it comes to catering Delta's caterers are really not up to the task.

I usually pre-order a MOML (Muslim) meal and always get a VGML meal (the last time the little slip of paper had MOML written in marker OVER the "VGML" written in pen...been meaning to post it for a chuckle...)

The VGML/MOML meals are usually pretty disgusting....
...and you still order them for what then, a laugh?
Old Oct 30, 2010, 11:14 am

Google "milk fish soy." There is nothing on the first few pages of results that is descriptive.
Well it had the word soy in it so I googled "imitation fish made from soybean"...
Old Oct 30, 2010, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

If one is very particular about the food I suggest they should check any ingredients before consuming them.

MisterNice
Old Oct 30, 2010, 11:29 am

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
A vegetarian meal should not be a "fake" meat or fish item - even if it is soy. And a veg meal should (obviously) have no meat ingredients.

I agree the special meal orders are pretty crap at DL. I ordered a special meal for my flight I took yesterday and it was neither loaded onboard the aircraft or even addressed by the FA's.

DL really needs to get the catering in order for both special meal issues, as well as the endemic gong show over at the Connection carriers (in particular Comair) with FA's having no clue and serving the meals for the inbound flight on the outbound flight etc.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 11:37 am

Programs: Atlanta's hometown airline. A bunch of hotel programs. PetSmart PetPerks.
Originally Posted by nas6034
Order a vegetarian meal for my flight get it ask hostess what it is says this and that but doesn't know much cause Delta doesn't tell her. Ok fine. I am done eating and check the ingredients of the ranch dressing and it says "Contains Milk FISH soy". I complain to FA she says go to delta.com and complain there they'll handle it. Umm hello Delta, I've been veg. my whole life and this is truly disgusting to me and really sad. I did write to delta.com from the flight.
I was on a highly restricted diet earlier this year and I asked alot of questions (dining out) & read ingredient lists thoroughly before I ate anything. Same deal for a friend who was a vegetarian for a few years. I thought it was annoying dining out with her until I found myself in a similar situation.

With all due respect, if it that's important I would think you would confirm first or just pass on what is offered...and pack your own approved food just in case.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Are you sure it wasn't Caesar dressing (which often contains Anchovies)? I believe the list given is one of potential allergens in the dressing. See, for example, here. If the Ranch is made in the same facility as Caesar dressing, it could be the manufacturer was being safe by including fish in the list even if it isn't actually used in the Ranch dressing.
Old Oct 30, 2010, 12:04 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles (Silver), PriorityClub (Platinum), BA, AA, CO, Hilton Honor, SPG
Order a Vegan meal next time. They did better with vegan meal
Old Oct 30, 2010, 12:34 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt D
Shouldnt this item go in the:

What's the stupidest, least substantive thing you can complain about? (DL version)

thread?
Old Oct 30, 2010, 2:17 pm

So are we agreeing that in fact the meal contained no fish or fish products whatsoever? If so, the OP really has no complaint.

Or is this fish milk soy thing animal-based?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.