Wiki Posts
Search

Let's Talk About "Fake Coffee"

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2010, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Let's Talk About "Fake Coffee"

Ok, now that the fake cheese (aka "shelf stable cheese") has been eliminated from the SkyClubs, can we turn our attention to showing the fake coffee ( I suppose it is really "shelf stable coffee") the back door?

MO
Old Oct 27, 2010, 5:51 pm

Programs: Any status I once had is gone!
As long as it has caffiene and doesn't taste like battery acid, I could care less.

Of course the last time I went to a SC, and the greeter mentioned the coffee, I went to the coffee machine to find it was empty....that is an issue for me.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 5:52 pm

Douwe Egberts is all over places I go. It's a liquid coffee concentrate instead of a brewed coffee.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 6:05 pm

Programs: AA EP, HH LT Diamond
I agree. I really like delta and don't compain about much (I was even ok with the cheese) but the coffee is absolutely disgusting.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Originally Posted by bkmn
As long as it has caffiene and doesn't taste like battery acid, I could care less.

Of course the last time I went to a SC, and the greeter mentioned the coffee, I went to the coffee machine to find it was empty....that is an issue for me.
I'm not sure it has all that much caffiene in it. It is just blah.

MO
Old Oct 27, 2010, 7:44 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
I prefer the coffee out of the machine then the brewed stuff they serve.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 7:45 pm

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver
Interestingly enough, when you ask people what their favorite coffee is, a lot of them say McDonalds or Dunkin' Donuts. Very few people I know actually like Starbucks coffee (they like the lattes mochas, frappuchinos, etc.). Translation - most Americans are OK with cheap coffee. So rather than a "fake" version of gourmet coffee, how about cheap "real" coffee.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 8:06 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by houserulz77
Interestingly enough, when you ask people what their favorite coffee is, a lot of them say McDonalds or Dunkin' Donuts. Very few people I know actually like Starbucks coffee (they like the lattes mochas, frappuchinos, etc.). Translation - most Americans are OK with cheap coffee. So rather than a "fake" version of gourmet coffee, how about cheap "real" coffee.
Now that you mentioned Starbucks , whenever I travel, I just buy the VIA packets to go with me. Just need hot or ice water and I'm good to go. Works great for me. ^
Old Oct 27, 2010, 11:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I would greatly prefer real espresso machines such as our friends at KL, AF and AZ have in their lounges.

That said, I just don't think the American appetitie is sophisticated enough to demand real coffee in the lounges. I hope this thread proves me wrong.

I know DL will say the machines break down often and can be a headache, but I again refer to the volume and reliability of the machines in Europe.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 12:42 am

Programs: LH SEN, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Hilton Gold
I wish they would have espresso machines like AZ behind the bar of the new FCO lounges.

That said, I remember that the CRCs had a deal with Java City and served their brewed coffee. I don't mind the machines too much, though.

By the way, the coffee machines in the AMS KL lounges are also by Douwe Egberts, but use real coffee beans. Maybe those would be an option?
Old Oct 28, 2010, 6:22 am
Suspended

DL Coffee

Originally Posted by pdac1975
I agree. I really like delta and don't compain about much (I was even ok with the cheese) but the coffee is absolutely disgusting.
Especially the Espresso. It tasts like it has been burned.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 6:23 am
Suspended

AMS KL Lounge Coffee

Originally Posted by acjflyer
I wish they would have espresso machines like AZ behind the bar of the new FCO lounges.

That said, I remember that the CRCs had a deal with Java City and served their brewed coffee. I don't mind the machines too much, though.

By the way, the coffee machines in the AMS KL lounges are also by Douwe Egberts, but use real coffee beans. Maybe those would be an option?
Had expresso in the AMS KL lounges last week and it was great. Europeans would never, ever put up with what is served in the DL clubs.
Old Oct 28, 2010, 6:28 am

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit
Had expresso in the AMS KL lounges last week and it was great. Europeans would never, ever put up with what is served in the DL clubs.
Not that this means anything, but Douwe Egberts is a Dutch company.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Douwe_Egberts
Old Oct 28, 2010, 6:28 am

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
I actually prefer McDonald's coffee over most anything else (i.e. the higher prices Starbucks etc.) It certainly doesn't have to be expensive for me to like it, just hot and fresh.

Billy
Old Oct 28, 2010, 6:40 am

Programs: DL PM, DL MM
Originally Posted by houserulz77
No - it's just that most people are OK with coffee that doesn't taste like it was made 4 days ago.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.