Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Tool to search cheapest Delta flight to anywhere?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2010, 9:10 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many

Hi,

I need one more roundtrip on a skyteam partner to top off my AF status before the new year. As I am in America, Delta seems the best bet. I am in NYC. Is there anyway I can check for the cheapest Delta flight ex JFK going anywhere? I don't care where to flight is to, and it can be a same day return or an overnight trip (I am qualifying based on segments).
Old Oct 27, 2010, 9:31 am

Programs: A number, but no status no more
Hi,

A couple of options:

Skyscanner:

http://www.skyscanner.net/

or

Farecompare:

http://www.farecompare.com/search/flyertalk.html

Cheers,

GenevaFlyer
Old Oct 27, 2010, 2:22 pm

Programs: Delta Platinium
The weekend shuttle flights from LGA to DCA or BOS can be cheap.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 3:13 pm

I recently discovered the farecompare flyertalk tool does not always show the cheapest "to anywhere" flights. on my last search including SMF, OAK, SFO, it gave me the cheapest fare of SMF to Charlotte NC for $226. HOWEVER, using the Delta.com weekly fares sale, I can get SFO to LAX for $99 or SFO to SLC for $119. why it doesn't show up on farecompare I don't know.

http://www.delta.com/planning_reserv...ares/index.jsp

currently showing sale on LGA to columbus for $69 each way or JFK to CVG for $79 each way.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 3:25 pm

Programs: DL-PM, TK-Elite, AA-lifetime gold, SPG-Plat
If all you are looking for are segments, JFK-PIT is usually only $49 one way if you buy it at least a week in advance. You can also go JFK-DTW-PIT or LGA-DTW-PIT for the same price to pick up an extra segment each way.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by acf1270
If all you are looking for are segments, JFK-PIT is usually only $49 one way if you buy it at least a week in advance. You can also go JFK-DTW-PIT or LGA-DTW-PIT for the same price to pick up an extra segment each way.
Or turn it into a good MR, do JFK-PIT-JFK with a very long (preferably one or two day) layover, then book a separate PIT-anwhere-with-lots-of-segments Itin to get the double spoke MQM's out of PIT.

Otherwise, just do JFK-PIT one way, then a separate PIT-DTW-JFK return to at least get bonus on the return segments.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 4:17 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AS MVPG
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Or turn it into a good MR, do JFK-PIT-JFK with a very long (preferably one or two day) layover, then book a separate PIT-anwhere-with-lots-of-segments Itin to get the double spoke MQM's out of PIT.

Otherwise, just do JFK-PIT one way, then a separate PIT-DTW-JFK return to at least get bonus on the return segments.
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet
Hi,

I need one more roundtrip on a skyteam partner to top off my AF status before the new year. As I am in America, Delta seems the best bet. I am in NYC. Is there anyway I can check for the cheapest Delta flight ex JFK going anywhere? I don't care where to flight is to, and it can be a same day return or an overnight trip (I am qualifying based on segments).
I don't think that's really important for the OP since he/she wanted to top off his/her AF status. However, PIT-SEA MR is very decent as of now nonetheless. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.