Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MSP F/G SC closing for renovations

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2010, 4:12 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: DL MM (thanks PMNW!), DL PM, UA PLT, just about every darn hotel program-generally GOLD type level
Exclamation MSP F/G SC closing for renovations

Really Delta? Really?

I get it. The F/G SC needs to be updated.

But closing "select areas" and offering "only pre-packaged snacks" from now until 11/27 then closing completely 11/28-12/29 is going to make holiday-time travel much less merry!

I guess the "C" in "C SC" will stand for cozy. Or crowded. Or cranky.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 4:42 am

Programs: LH SEN, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Hilton Gold
I really don't see the problem. The club will still be open during renovation and they are only closing it completely when there are few business travelers around anyway.

^ DL, for renovating the club! By the way, is this the last NW '90s style club left? The LAX club was handed over to AF and the DCA club closed.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 5:01 am

Programs: DL Silver (0.239 MM), DL SkyClub Life, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by acjflyer
By the way, is this the last NW '90s style club left? The LAX club was handed over to AF and the DCA club closed.
We'll still be kicking it old school in MKE.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 6:01 am

Programs: LH SEN, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by uavking
We'll still be kicking it old school in MKE.
Maybe the furniture can be sent to the Delta Heritage Museum.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 6:04 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Originally Posted by In2ishn
But closing "select areas" and offering "only pre-packaged snacks" from now until 11/27 then closing completely 11/28-12/29 is going to make holiday-time travel much less merry!
They are renovating and likely changing the preparation area. The place needs a major facelift and is finally getting one. Great news! Also, probably the best time of the year to get it done.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 6:53 am

The email re F/G.

Dear Mr. KenfromDE
A makeover is underway.

Keep an eye out for improvements to the Delta Sky Club™ in the F/G Concourse at Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP).

We're updating the look and feel of the Club with new, contemporary furnishings and art to create a more comfortable and appealing environment for you.

To accommodate these improvements, the Club will remain open but select areas will be closed through November 27, 2010, and only pre-packaged snack items will be available. Then, the entire Club will close for large-scale renovations from November 28 - December 29, 2010. Please note that these dates may change, but we plan to reopen the renovated Club in January 2011.

During the renovations, you may visit our other MSP Club, which is located in Concourse C, next to Gate C12.

We look forward to serving you soon in Minneapolis or at any of our more than 50 worldwide lounge locations.

(Coincides with our year end mileage runs. Oh well!)
Old Oct 23, 2010, 10:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Expect to see the club reopen in about March or April 2011.

Some building permit or related issue will be overlooked, pushing schedule back.

We were told 3 months for the PHL club... we are into the ninth month now.

Just saying....
Old Oct 23, 2010, 11:44 am

"only pre-packaged snack items will be available." Any beverages? or ?
Old Oct 23, 2010, 12:40 pm

Programs: DL DM/MM; UA Premier 1K; AA EXP; ICH Plat Ambassador
Originally Posted by KenfromDE
"only pre-packaged snack items will be available." Any beverages? or ?

Fetzer drink boxes!
Old Oct 23, 2010, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by mike_plat
Fetzer drink boxes!
ALL RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...................You dreamer!
Old Oct 23, 2010, 1:22 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Prem Exec
I have to give Delta credit when credit is due.

I was shocked when Delta started announcing all sorts of renovations for the clubs RDU, LGA, JFK, ATL, LAX, new clubs in MIA/IND, etc. while neglecting the F/G club.

I am glad to see this is finally being addressed. I hope they continue their stated plans for self-serve bar, but update the interiors to be more in line with the styles found in the C club, DTW clubs, etc. Who knows, maybe they'll be able to add a shower.

Kudos to Delta for finally stepping up and showing some TLC to MSP.
Old Oct 23, 2010, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by TheMoose
Kudos to Delta for finally stepping up and showing some TLC to MSP.
Agreed. Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and shut it down for a period of time in order to gain real improvement - there's really no other way. ^

Note to self: Don't schedule any MSP connections in December .
Old Oct 23, 2010, 11:38 pm

Programs: DL Diamond 1.7MM, Starlux Insighter, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Gold, Hertz PC
A+. This is arguably the worst premerger Northwest club (well, SEA is pretty small, but at least it has a nice view). Losing the combination high school cafeteria/dentist's waiting room will be painful for a month, but it's fantastic to see Delta actually investing in longterm improvements for MSP.

You have to hand it to them - once the ATL B clubs and MSP F/G are fixed, all I'll have left to complain about is the sorry state of the SkyClub in LAS!
Old Oct 24, 2010, 12:39 am

Programs: AS 75K, DL Plat, AA, WN, Hertz, HHonors, Marriott
Originally Posted by BenA
I'll have left to complain about is the sorry state of the SkyClub in LAS!
Yeah, the LAS SC is very, uh...lacking.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 6:43 am

Programs: Marriott Life Titanium, Hilton Diamond, United Silver, DL, IHG Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by acjflyer
I really don't see the problem. The club will still be open during renovation and they are only closing it completely when there are few business travelers around anyway.

^ DL, for renovating the club! By the way, is this the last NW '90s style club left? The LAX club was handed over to AF and the DCA club closed.
There are definitely other 'series 1' clubs out there but the list is definitely shrinking - MKE was mentioned and LGA after security comes to mind.

* Then again - is the LGA club really what an "SC Lite" will be? (small but private open waiting area with some self serve drinks and snacks)

This is a really good sign from SC though - the F/G update has been hanging for years. I'm really curious to know what they plan though. 1 month of full closure doesn't seem to be enough time to do what's really needed. Guess we'll see come 1Q 2011. (No way a project in December finishes on time - too much holiday pressure.)

Last edited by pmaddock; Oct 24, 2010 at 8:02 pm Reason: SC Lite definition?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.