Upgrade Chances: The Definitive Thread

Old Jul 26, 05, 7:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP | DL SM | HH DM |*wood Gold
Originally Posted by bococloco
In 7 days I am flying SLC-OGG. I was lucky enough to get my 5 family members Skysaver FC tickets. (They don't know they are in FC ) However, I am on a purchased ticket and am waitlisted for a mileage "G" upgrade on the outbound. Benedelman's site shows 12 FC seats still available. Anybody have experience with this mileage upgrade? Any guesses on my chances?

Thanks!
If you really want to be up front with the rest of your family, look into upgrading to an A fare.

I did that recently and got a RT upgrade from T to A for about $600 RT.

You'll get extra MQM's and Skymiles (if that's important)

MO
Old Jul 26, 05, 7:17 pm

If by "7 days" you are talking about DL 1760 on Tuesday August 2 then it has G8 availability as I type, so you need to phone SMS and have them grab your upgrade!
Old Jul 26, 05, 7:21 pm

Deleted

Last edited by vinnmann; Aug 9, 07 at 2:29 pm
Old Jul 26, 05, 7:59 pm
formerly known as DeltaNYC

Programs: *A Gold / OW Sapphire / Marriott Titanium / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by bococloco
In 7 days I am flying SLC-OGG. I was lucky enough to get my 5 family members Skysaver FC tickets. (They don't know they are in FC ) However, I am on a purchased ticket and am waitlisted for a mileage "G" upgrade on the outbound. Benedelman's site shows 12 FC seats still available. Anybody have experience with this mileage upgrade? Any guesses on my chances?

Thanks!
What I want to know is how on earth were you able to get 5 SkySaver FC seats on the same flight? Do they even allocate that many seats for award travel per flight?
Old Jul 26, 05, 9:59 pm

Programs: Delta- GM
Thanks to all for your replies!

I am flying on 1760 on 8/3. I originally booked these Skysaver awards in March for travel on different dates than we are now ticketed. But, believe it or not, about 2 weeks ago I was able to change the dates and still get Skysaver FC seats. I found them at delta.com. I did have to pay $50 per seat to change. Right time and place I guess.

Last edited by bococloco; Jul 26, 05 at 10:09 pm
Old Jul 27, 05, 12:35 am

Programs: DL 1 MM/DM; HH Lifetime Diamond; Hertz Presidents Circle
Is that unusual? Atypical? I got 4 SS FC tix RT MSY-HNL for 2/06. I wondered whether I could get that many, but I was able to.

Originally Posted by DeltaNYC
What I want to know is how on earth were you able to get 5 SkySaver FC seats on the same flight? Do they even allocate that many seats for award travel per flight?
Old Jul 27, 05, 1:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MMô, Lifetime HHonors Diamond, Cholula General Member
Originally Posted by DeltaNYC
During a short period we were able to see the raw numbers and there were actually a lot of R9s.

Or was it N9s or both?

Turns out it was both, at least somtimes.

Check out.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=416592

Last edited by indufan; Jul 27, 05 at 1:37 am
Old Jul 27, 05, 3:57 am

Programs: LH HON, UA 1K, DL FO/MM, SPG Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Sixt Diamond
Your chances as of now are good to clear the upgrade. There are no G and V upgrades available right now, but there are still 11 seats left in F.

Please remember: Delta's waitlist feature is switched off right now. This means that although you are waitlisted, you will not clear if seats in G class become available. Make sure to call DL every day before your flight to have them check availability for you.
Old Jul 27, 05, 10:27 pm

Programs: Delta- GM
So,flyaow.com shows F9 and A5 for my SLC-OGG on 8/3, but only 11 FC seats are unassigned. Am I reading this wrong? I checked with agent at CR as well as SMS but still no G availability. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Last edited by bococloco; Jul 27, 05 at 10:31 pm
Old Jul 27, 05, 11:47 pm

Programs: DL-Platinum, Starwood-Gold
So much can happen before departure. If they cancel another flight and put people on that flight, they'll put people in your first class seats without hesitation.
Old Dec 19, 05, 6:40 am

Exclamation Any chance of free upgrade

Flying coach from DUB to ATL to AUS in jan with Delta. Was just wondering is there anyway of getting a free upgrade to business/first class?

Or any suggestions how i could go about blagging my way into first class?

thanks in advance
Old Dec 19, 05, 6:58 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP/3MM
No.
Old Dec 19, 05, 7:04 am

Programs: Delta DM/3MM / Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by brophy
Flying coach from DUB to ATL to AUS in jan with Delta. Was just wondering is there anyway of getting a free upgrade to business/first class?

thanks in advance
find a PAX with a FC BP willing to trade. There are usually plenty in the boarding area!!
Old Dec 19, 05, 7:58 am

Programs: DL GM
Originally Posted by brophy

thanks in advance
Yes, sure, just ask the gate agent. They will happily trade your $500 Y ticket for a $2200+ B/E ticket. They just love to give away those free upgrades, but you can only get them if you ask though, as they're not allowed to advertise this special perk. Sorry for the sarcasm, but come on, did you really think we'd say 'yes, sure!' If you're a DL elite there is a slim chance you could get an operational upgrade, but that chance is slim at best.
Old Dec 19, 05, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Clank
Welcome to FT brophy!

And please ignore the sarcasm in the above posts... it's because someone asks this question almost daily. You might want to learn how to search on FT, you can really learn alot that way and not have to put up with the type of answers.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: