Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade Chances: The Definitive Thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2016, 12:56 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by dzflyer
Is Lima peru still considered northern south america? Do they run non delta one aircraft on this route? If so what are the upgrade chances? Thanks.
It's D1. Just got back from Lima and was in D1 with lie flats on a 767-400.
Old Mar 10, 2016, 4:18 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
Originally Posted by tentseller
You have no idea how low you are on the upgrade food chain.....
I know I am soo low on the upgrade food chain, but apparently was able to score FO upgrade on SEA JFK redeye with V class booking. Earlier redeye flight, also SEA JFK seem elite heavy. Might be just my lucky day (Shhh...)

Jiburi
Old Mar 12, 2016, 12:45 pm

Programs: Delta Gold, Bonvoy Titanium Elite Lifetime
Delta FLT 82 on 4/2 ATL CDG
Silver status and purchased upgrade for wife and I to C+ and lots of seats remaining open in coach.
7 seats avaiable in B. What are the chances of being offered an upgrade or offered an opportunity to purchase upgrade? Cost?

Thanks
Old Mar 12, 2016, 12:48 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by tuono07
Silver status and purchased upgrade for wife and I to C+ and lots of seats remaining open in coach.
7 seats avaiable in B. What are the chances of being offered an upgrade or offered an opportunity to purchase upgrade? Cost?

Thanks
The chances of being offered an upgrade are precisely zero. The chances of being able to buy one are a little better, no idea on cost though.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
The chances of being offered an upgrade are precisely zero. The chances of being able to buy one are a little better, no idea on cost though.
Even if I know one of the FA's

Booked in V by the way
Old Mar 12, 2016, 1:08 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Even if I know one of the FA's
Sorry, the GA's friends trump the FA's friends.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 1:13 pm

Programs: delta dm
Originally Posted by anon2k2
It's D1. Just got back from Lima and was in D1 with lie flats on a 767-400.
How was the D1 one service on this route...Im flying D1 on the 777 L/R in June to Lima.
Old Mar 12, 2016, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Howste
Sorry, the GA's friends trump the FA's friends.
Good one!!!
Old Mar 12, 2016, 2:52 pm

Programs: delta dm
Good one!!!
Woh woh woh woh wait a minute now no shena has ever happened on delta they only were trying to get flight on time😉
Old Mar 12, 2016, 3:06 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM, MR Ambassador, National EE

Thanks
You should be able to go in to your reservation(s) on delta.dumb and see how much an UG costs. The price will change somewhat regularly (and probably get higher as you get closer to departure) but it should be there so you can at least check it out periodically. If you're looking for some sort of bargain on a Sunday ATL-CDG flight though it won't happen. That's a pretty popular flight for folks trying to get to Paris for Monday business.
Old Mar 15, 2016, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by krlcomm
You should be able to go in to your reservation(s) on delta.dumb and see how much an UG costs. The price will change somewhat regularly (and probably get higher as you get closer to departure) but it should be there so you can at least check it out periodically. If you're looking for some sort of bargain on a Sunday ATL-CDG flight though it won't happen. That's a pretty popular flight for folks trying to get to Paris for Monday business.
Flying out on Saturday the 2nd and Delta.dumb doesnt show me an upgrade option.
I believe I shall call.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 9:50 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
DL 1933 (CVG/LAX) a week from today - Wednesday, 4/13.

DM on N fare (lowest level award booking). I just noticed that on Wednesdays, there is only 1 CVG/LAX instead of twice daily service (today 4/6, it was the morning slot, next Wednesday 4/13, it's the afternoon slot), unlike twice daily on Tuesday/Thursday (didn't check other days).

I was holding out hope for an advance upgrade (not necessarily tomorrow at 6 pm ET when the window opens, but at some point in advance) given 7 F seats were open through yesterday; its now down to 5. 8/18 C+ seats are taken, one of which is me.

Any experience with other DMs on award tickets transiting CVG/LAX? The only other award ticket option available now at the low level (as I am originating in ATL and am not worried about ATL/CVG) is ATL/SFO/LAX, but I bet my chances ATL/SFO are lower than CVG/LAX.

Also I am shocked that the saver level is available for ATL/LAX (even with the connection) only 7 days out. But that's for another thread. Thanks in advance for the help!
Old Apr 6, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL FO, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by btonkid12345
DL 1933 (CVG/LAX) a week from today - Wednesday, 4/13.

DM on N fare (lowest level award booking). I just noticed that on Wednesdays, there is only 1 CVG/LAX instead of twice daily service (today 4/6, it was the morning slot, next Wednesday 4/13, it's the afternoon slot), unlike twice daily on Tuesday/Thursday (didn't check other days).

I was holding out hope for an advance upgrade (not necessarily tomorrow at 6 pm ET when the window opens, but at some point in advance) given 7 F seats were open through yesterday; its now down to 5. 8/18 C+ seats are taken, one of which is me.

Any experience with other DMs on award tickets transiting CVG/LAX? The only other award ticket option available now at the low level (as I am originating in ATL and am not worried about ATL/CVG) is ATL/SFO/LAX, but I bet my chances ATL/SFO are lower than CVG/LAX.

Also I am shocked that the saver level is available for ATL/LAX (even with the connection) only 7 days out. But that's for another thread. Thanks in advance for the help!
CVG is a business-heavy airport, so your chances should be better on lighter days (such as Wednesday). The ATL-SFO-LAX option doesn't look good (full C+ cabin), so I'd definitely stay with the CVG flight.

Looking at the map, only six seats are occupied in C+ (10B/C are blocked until the gate).

I would say that your chances are pretty good. You'll trump any PMs on the flight, so there shouldn't be that many people ahead of you. CVG is a nice airport to connect through. The DL employees all tend to be really nice, and it's a five minute walk from one end of the concourse to the other.
Old Apr 6, 2016, 10:39 am

Programs: DL DM, SPG Plat 100/LT Gold, Marriott Plat, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by WWads
CVG is a business-heavy airport, so your chances should be better on lighter days (such as Wednesday). The ATL-SFO-LAX option doesn't look good (full C+ cabin), so I'd definitely stay with the CVG flight.

Looking at the map, only six seats are occupied in C+ (10B/C are blocked until the gate).

I would say that your chances are pretty good. You'll trump any PMs on the flight, so there shouldn't be that many people ahead of you. CVG is a nice airport to connect through. The DL employees all tend to be really nice, and it's a five minute walk from one end of the concourse to the other.
Thanks for the speedy reply! Yeah, I remember looking at the ATL/SFO seat map on 4/13 (the ~2 p.m. departure, which was 12.5K miles to connect to LAX) and seeing C+ being full - never a good sign.

Have any DMs traveling out of CVG on award tickets had any success with an upgrade prior to the gate?

Last edited by btonkid12345; Apr 6, 2016 at 12:11 pm
Old May 25, 2016, 9:00 am

NVM Figured it out

Last edited by bruininabag; May 25, 2016 at 11:16 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.