Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Forgot to request upgrade – Need Help!!

Old Oct 19, 2010, 4:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2 MM, AA, AS, UA, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Gold, SPG Gold, Avis First, Hilton Silver

I booked a flight the other day and must have either forgotten to check the request upgrade box or somehow uncheck it. In any case, today I was looking at the itinerary on Delta.com and realized my mistake. Does anybody have experience with this? Can I call Delta and have them fix it or do I just chalk this up to experience. The flight is PDX to JFK continuing on to SNN. I realize I’m not eligible for the TATL upgrade but the domestic legs would be nice. I’ve been lucky recently and have always been upgrade on the PDX-JFK & JFK PDX flights.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 4:21 pm

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by PDXLexus
I booked a flight the other day and must have either forgotten to check the request upgrade box or somehow uncheck it. In any case, today I was looking at the itinerary on Delta.com and realized my mistake. Does anybody have experience with this? Can I call Delta and have them fix it or do I just chalk this up to experience. The flight is PDX to JFK continuing on to SNN. I realize I’m not eligible for the TATL upgrade but the domestic legs would be nice. I’ve been lucky recently and have always been upgrade on the PDX-JFK & JFK PDX flights.
Just give the medallion line a call, they'll fix it.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 4:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/2 MM, AA, AS, UA, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Gold, SPG Gold, Avis First, Hilton Silver
Thanks
Old Oct 19, 2010, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Isn't there an option to request it right on Delta.com while viewing your itinerary? IIRC the Upgrade Status column lets you request upgrades if you haven't already and the segment is eligible.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by javabytes
Isn't there an option to request it right on Delta.com while viewing your itinerary? IIRC the Upgrade Status column lets you request upgrades if you haven't already and the segment is eligible.
I saw a check box for this as recently as last week.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 6:24 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by akonradi
I saw a check box for this as recently as last week.
I can never get that to work - it always hangs and doesn't update. I have had luck shooting Delta an email. The upgrade is usually requested within a few hours of my email to them. Or as others have said just give them a call. They can take care of it very quickly.
Old Oct 19, 2010, 8:04 pm

Programs: United - PG, Marriott Silver
If you go into your preferences on DL.com you can put favorite flights, seat preferences, and also note to automatically to request an upgrade.

I am only FO, but I hear if you are DM, you can also check a secret box to bump non DMs from their seats, and also influence FEBO or FEFO based on your assigned seats.

Even more secretive, I hear you can also initiate Shanan$&%*$ if you are a non-rev, using the preferences page.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 2:58 am

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
This has probably been answered elsewhere, but once you request the upgrade, and you get into within 5 days of the flight but still aren't upgraded, is there a way to see the status without checking in (since it is too early) or subscribing to another pay site that would have Amadeus info?
Old Oct 20, 2010, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
If you are inside your upgrade window and haven't cleared, then V inventory is 0. You don't need a subscription to tell you that. However, if you think there is a problem, do a pretend booking for your same flights while logged in to DL.com. If upgrades show as "Available" and you haven't cleared on your original booking, then there's a problem and you should call in. If upgrades show as "Request Only" then that is further confirmation that V inventory is 0.
Old Oct 20, 2010, 2:12 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Platinum, UA 1k, HH Silver, BonVoy Platinum
Originally Posted by javabytes
If you are inside your upgrade window and haven't cleared, then V inventory is 0. You don't need a subscription to tell you that. However, if you think there is a problem, do a pretend booking for your same flights while logged in to DL.com. If upgrades show as "Available" and you haven't cleared on your original booking, then there's a problem and you should call in. If upgrades show as "Request Only" then that is further confirmation that V inventory is 0.
Thanks, and what a drag. I think the MSP-PHX route isn't the easiest upgrade flight....but when you are platinum and rarely fly in the USA (almost all AF) then it is kind of a drag. Cheers and thanks for the backdoor way to find the inevitable bad news! I will go through the motions though!!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.