Lie-Flat Seats: The Definitive Thread

Old May 31, 2010, 4:46 pm
Original Poster

Lie-Flat Seats: The Definitive Thread

I've flown 6 round trips to South America this year and haven't gotten a ride on one of the converted aircraft. I know the first planes were deployed on the LHR routes but figured I would have had a chance to see one by now.

Is Delta still upgrading these planes or is it currently on hold?
Old Oct 7, 2010, 10:16 am

Programs: SkyMiles, Mileage Plus
Lie-Flat Seats

What are the best seats in J on the 763 to/from Heathrow?
Old Oct 7, 2010, 10:32 am

Programs: DL 1MM/DM, SPG Platinum, Pete's Brass Rail & Car Wash Beer Club
DL uses the 764 on this route
Old Oct 7, 2010, 10:43 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Hahah, I asked this question last week and did some searching... It appears that the odd numbered window seats between rows 3 and 7 are the best...

Row 1 is good [most privacy and its row 1], but the light from the galley and the FAs using the closet in front of the seat is bothersome and makes sleeping difficult.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 2:54 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
Originally Posted by BoeingGuy
DL uses the 764 on this route
Not all of the XXX-LHR routes are 764s anymore, sadly. The additional frequencies that DL added ATL-LHR and DTW-LHR are on regular ol' 763s.

dl.com thankfully gives you the message: "Flat bed seats are not available on this flight." on the search results page.
Old Oct 7, 2010, 3:18 pm

Programs: SkyMiles, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by 18sas
Not all of the XXX-LHR routes are 764s anymore, sadly. The additional frequencies that DL added ATL-LHR and DTW-LHR are on regular ol' 763s.

dl.com thankfully gives you the message: "Flat bed seats are not available on this flight." on the search results page.
My mistake... Will be on a 764!
Old Oct 8, 2010, 1:07 pm

I haven't flown BE in ages; do all of the JFK-LHR flights have lie flat in J? it says on delta's web site that all lie flat seats have direct access to the aisle; does this mean that if you are in a window seat you don't have to jump over the aisle seat even if its in the sleeping position? Finally, on the JFK-LHR leg do BE pax get access to Fast Track thru customs upon arrival in the UK? thanks
Old Oct 8, 2010, 1:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by toby182
I haven't flown BE in ages; do all of the JFK-LHR flights have lie flat in J? it says on delta's web site that all lie flat seats have direct access to the aisle; does this mean that if you are in a window seat you don't have to jump over the aisle seat even if its in the sleeping position? Finally, on the JFK-LHR leg do BE pax get access to Fast Track thru customs upon arrival in the UK? thanks
On the 764, the lieflats are staggered so that you can get in and out without disturbing anyone. In fact, they're staggered enough that each one has it's own row number.
On the 77LR, the lieflats are 1-2-1, so again, everyone has direct aisle access.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 2:40 pm

Finally, on the JFK-LHR leg do BE pax get access to Fast Track thru customs upon arrival in the UK? thanks
I think so, but I am not sure... I know that we will get access to Yotel for 2-hours to refresh ourselves or take a short nap. They will also provide you with a snack pack as well.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 3:06 pm
Taz

Programs: DL PM
I'm kind of fond of 3A. I'm even fonder of the champagne.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by Taz
I'm kind of fond of 3A. I'm even fonder of the champagne.
Tried snagging either 3A or 3D, but both are occupied Settled for 5D and I guess 5A/D is the "second" best seats behind 3A/D on this aircraft.

BTW, I think DL's champagne is sparkling wine? It would be if it is real champagne
Old Oct 9, 2010, 12:40 pm
k2

...Finally, on the JFK-LHR leg do BE pax get access to Fast Track thru customs upon arrival in the UK? thanks
Yes, but you may need to ask the FAs to give you the piece of paper - I do DTW-LHR every month or so and probably half the time they forget to pass them out during descent.

Also, the Yotel voucher is good for 1hour (not that it's a big deal, the cabins are so tiny I'm not sure why you'd want to spend any longer).
Old Oct 9, 2010, 3:12 pm
Taz

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by golfingboy
Tried snagging either 3A or 3D, but both are occupied Settled for 5D and I guess 5A/D is the "second" best seats behind 3A/D on this aircraft.

BTW, I think DL's champagne is sparkling wine? It would be if it is real champagne
They might have changed it, but when I was on 5 and 6 in late February it was Piper-Heidsieck Brut. Isn't that the real thing?
Old Mar 22, 2011, 3:47 am

Is there a list of all current flights with lie flat seats?

I want to burn some SWUs before they expire in the next few months, but only on flights with flat bed seats. Is there a list somewhere on the delta site or here?

Thanks.

Last edited by sfcaFLYER; Mar 22, 2011 at 4:01 am
Old Mar 22, 2011, 3:56 am

Programs: UA Silver
I think you mean flat bed seats.

I don't think any 763 and 744 has flat bed seats at this time. There are a few 77E with flat bed seats, but the chance of getting one of them is very low. You should go for the 764 and 77L routes, like LAX-SYD, DTW-HKG, USA-LHR, ATL-DXB, ATL-JNB, ATL-SIN, etc.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.