Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Delta Sky Magazine rejects ad from Scott eVest

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Delta Sky Magazine rejects ad from Scott eVest

Search this Thread

Old Oct 3, 2010, 3:59 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
Good for Delta
Old Oct 3, 2010, 5:18 pm
In memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DM life is over 2MM PM now & NW MillionAir Wyndham Rewards Plat -Hotels.com Silver -Accor Silver
Reading this thread reminds me of a few times flying EasyJet in Europe - where they're unbelievably strict with carry-ons and checked bags! I remember putting on something like 4 shirts, and stuffing my pockets, inside and out, to the gills to avoid checking a bag!!
Old Oct 3, 2010, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by wbl-mn-flyer
Scott Jordon is a shameless huckster for his products.
And what's wrong with that? More power to him. I hope he sells a million vests, or whatever they are, over this. I don't own any Scottevest products but I'll look into them.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 6:13 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Plat
This is interesting. Actually, it's funny in a way.

Scott's YouTube Video "Thanks so much for your support re delta"
Old Oct 3, 2010, 6:39 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, United GS, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by TheMoose
I know, right? Another day, another example of Delta's commitment against its customers. It's kind of getting boring...
It seems to me the exceptionally needy always have a lot to complain about.

Delta treats me just fine and I'm just over 200,000 BIS miles this year. I have noticed a lot of the complaining here is from people that constantly have a need to call customer service or need attention from airport agents. I have no idea how someone can have so many needs arise from something as simple as air travel. Right now I have 5 itineraries on Delta.com, 2 domestic and 3 international. I don't anticipate needing CS on any of them, mostly because I haven't needed CS on any but one of my previous 38 segments, which was due to me misconnecting from another airline to Delta in MSY.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 6:40 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, United GS, Hilton Diamond,
Originally Posted by KarlJ
This is interesting. Actually, it's funny in a way.

Scott's YouTube Video "Thanks so much for your support re delta"
Scotty and his poodles, he sure is a fancy gentleman.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 8:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Couldn't watch the video. Wind noise was horrid.
Old Oct 3, 2010, 9:37 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles, MR, HH, ICH/PC, Avis Pref., Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
First, how does this avoid baggage fees? You don't need to check the items in that picture.

He-he! Has anyone bothered to think that Sky rejected the ad for truth-in-advertising issues?
Old Oct 4, 2010, 12:18 am

Programs: UA 1K, DL Plat
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Couldn't watch the video. Wind noise was horrid.
... that was the point.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 12:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP / LT PLT / 3MM, Marriott LT Gold
First, how does this avoid baggage fees? You don't need to check the items in that picture.
You can put bulky or heavy items in your pocket that may otherwise have caused you to check another bag or be overweight. I would have thought that rather obvious.

Second, honestly the first thing I thought of looking at that, was seeing wires and thinking of a terrorist and a bomb.
For that, you can blame your Department of Homeland Insecurity's brainwashing apparatus.

Third, that is rather bulky and would hate to be sitting next to someone wearing that and taking up extra space.
I would take it off and put it in the bin or give it to the FA to hang up; wouldn't you?

Here are some classic (and amusing) reactions that those who want to study the Stockholm Syndrome can review:

Fourth, he is just pimping for more free publicity. Magazines turn down ads all the time, it is their magazine and it's up to them what content should be allowed in it.
Originally Posted by DDCT
Maybe Delta didn't want his garbage in their magazine, maybe he didn't meet the content requirements. Chances are if you asked the guys in charge of advertising about this, their response would be "who?".

Delta treats me just fine and I'm just over 200,000 BIS miles this year. I have noticed a lot of the complaining here is from people that constantly have a need to call customer service or need attention from airport agents. I have no idea how someone can have so many needs arise from something as simple as air travel. Right now I have 5 itineraries on Delta.com, 2 domestic and 3 international. I don't anticipate needing CS on any of them, mostly because I haven't needed CS on any but one of my previous 38 segments, which was due to me misconnecting from another airline to Delta in MSY.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 6:25 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC

+1. I'm also over 200k BIS again this year, with another 38 flights in my itineraries before this year is over, without needing CS except for one IROP. For some folks, complaining is just a way to pass the time. I imagine DL knows this, too, and deals with all of us relatively appropriately.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 7:42 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Prem Exec
Originally Posted by longing4piedmont
Yawn......
Oh no! We've got another afflicted by the repetitive, boring anti-customer attitude from Delta. You'd better invest in a great coffee make because I fear for your alertness given the rate Delta is going.
Old Oct 4, 2010, 10:29 am

Scott's Official Reply

Official Statement: http://scottevest.posterous.com/my-o...-decision-to-r

Video Message: 587C1462F1E2C5821E79A622B0B20A347591A66EA41AD27A69 3877CC490660DE

Scott Jordan, CEO
[email protected]
Old Oct 4, 2010, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
It would be the essentially the same as if Southwest had put an advert in the magazine regarding how to get around paid baggage fees. (okay, not quite, but the concept is the same)
Old Oct 4, 2010, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL FO, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Upon reflection I have decided to reopen this thread.

RSSrsvp - Moderator

Last edited by RSSrsvp; Oct 7, 2010 at 6:06 pm Reason: change of heart :)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.