Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

9-27-10 Flight 619 2 hr delay to Narita ??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27, 2010, 7:31 pm
Original Poster

Anyone have any idea as to why the delay? Am taking that flight tomorrow and would like to be able to make my connection in Narita! Hope this is not something that will "spill over" into the next days flight........
Old Sep 27, 2010, 8:12 pm

Programs: DL Plat, Marriott Gold
I wouldn't sweat it. That 747 will be filled with people making connections throughout Asia. They'll often hold many flights to avoid having to re-book 300+ pax. Also, there's quite a bit of padding in the schedule - the flight can make up quite a bit of time in the air.
Old Sep 27, 2010, 8:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Not sure why this time... but DL619 was 3hrs late last week as well and hasn't had the best ontime performance lately in general. Was diverted back to msp and looked like a mechanical issue.
My recent experience is that they were holding several connecting flights when 619 was late. Where are you connecting on to?
Old Sep 28, 2010, 6:39 am
Original Poster

On to Bangkok

heading from NRT to BKK
Old Sep 28, 2010, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I don't recall if the BKK flight was held. If there are a decent amount of people connecting to BKK then they will hold the flight if yours is late. I wouldn't be too worried about it. If its delayed and you miss the flight they will either put you on another airline or provide accomodations.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.