Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

San Francisco SFO Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

San Francisco SFO Sky Club: The Definitive Thread

Old Sep 13, 2015, 5:32 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Howste
I've got a United trip tomorrow with a connection in SFO. How hard is it to get to the DL SC from the United gates? Should I assume I'll need to exit and go back through security to the DL gates?
Yep, exit secure area, turn left and walk 10-ish minutes (or ride AirTrain), re-enter secure area.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 5:45 pm

Programs: DL FO, KM, & 1.7MM; UA nothing; HH♦; National EE
Originally Posted by kjnangre
Yep, exit secure area, turn left and walk 10-ish minutes (or ride AirTrain), re-enter secure area.
OK, thanks.
Old Sep 15, 2015, 8:46 pm

Programs: DL DM Charter, 2.9MM; 2019 PM and falling; Kettle everywhere else
I was in the SFO SC Monday morning and was delighted to see a new food offering that I hope will become a regular thing. There were rather large pieces of toasted French bread topped generously with freshly made guacamole. They were very tasty and disappeared quickly. If it was a test, I hope they passed!
Old Sep 16, 2015, 9:48 am

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Sabai
Smurfs are federal employees but are not agents. The term agent generally applies to a federal law enforcement officer with arrest authority.
At SFO, the smurfs are not even federal employees, but instead contractors. You'll see CAS on their sleeves instead of TSA.
Old Nov 14, 2015, 2:58 pm

Programs: DL FO, DL Reserve, AMEX Plat, Priority Pass, Global Entry
I might be confused, but I thought the private security people at SFO (and at other airports with similar arrangements) were the first people you see, who look at your boarding pass first (not necessarily check your ID) and direct you to which line you should be in.

They might send you back to the ticket counter if your carryon looks too big, or if the items you are carrying are too numerous. They might also ask to see proof if you venture into the special status lines reserved for first class or sky priority passengers. They might also check your BP in order to prevent or permit you to go through the PreCheck line.

And that is where the private security function appears to end. Once near the screening machines, the uniforms change to TSA, and it is TSA personnel who are actually putting your ID under the special light. And it is TSA who is staring at the xrays of your carryon on the belt as well as the carrion behind the belt you removed.

I've observed the security uniform differences between the sheep herders at the beginning of the line, versus the screeners at the machines, even in SFO. But then again, things change, and it has been a few months since I've flown from there. Yet I'm excited to pay my first visit to the new SFO SC next month!
Old Nov 23, 2015, 6:39 am
Suspended

Programs: Blogger & Delta Diamond Medallion Million Miler
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Originally Posted by itsaboutthejourney
Let's be clear that this is NOT a new SkyClub you are showing a photo of, it's a connector to the other terminal.
http://renespoints.boardingarea.com/...hment_id=29636

No, it was a photo of the new Skyclub ^^

Last edited by Renes Points; Sep 24, 2017 at 8:34 pm Reason: ....amazing how many times itsaboutthejourney is flat out wrong about Delta bits
Old Nov 23, 2015, 7:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by Flyertall
Once near the screening machines, the uniforms change to TSA, and it is TSA personnel who are actually putting your ID under the special light. And it is TSA who is staring at the xrays of your carryon on the belt as well as the carrion behind the belt you removed.

I've observed the security uniform differences between the sheep herders at the beginning of the line, versus the screeners at the machines, even in SFO. But then again, things change, and it has been a few months since I've flown from there. Yet I'm excited to pay my first visit to the new SFO SC next month!

No, the uniforms look like TSA, but they read CAS.

Nothing has changed. This has been that way for 10+ years.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Disappointing to see that Lagunitas IPA was not on the complementary taps.

Anchor Steam... Yes. Lagunitas... no.

IIRC, before the Great Cash Grab overtook, the clubs, both were complementary at SFO.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 1:34 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
A limited number of USA airports were permitted to opt out of TSA and do security privately, but TSA still dictates the "procedures" and provides oversight. IIRC SFO is the only major airport that chose to exercise this option, although there are several small airports that did so.
That was something that the Mayor of SF wanted at the time. I don't remember the reason why anymore.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by lolstebbo
I'm surprised they didn't make C-to-D and D-to-E connectors part of the T2 refresh and, like, integrated into the backside of T2. The C-to-D connector just looks so... haphazardly tacked on like it's an afterthought.
That's because it was an afterthought. I wonder if the driver was that AA was going to have gates in C and D? I like it because there are good food options in D and not so much in C.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 9:51 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
I dropped in here over the weekend after stepping off ANA F NRT-SFO and connecting onward to SEA on DL. I was pretty impressed with the space, really liked the showers (they are as good as any international lounge I've been in, with Westin bath products) and the food was actually pretty good (a couple of soups, including chicken Pho). It was a slow Saturday mid-day so the lounge was quiet and only sparsely populated. Overall a great lounge.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
What happened to the SkyClub in the international terminal? Do we still have access to it when flying internationally (even if on United)?
Old Apr 7, 2016, 9:39 am

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
What happened to the SkyClub in the international terminal? Do we still have access to it when flying internationally (even if on United)?
Been closed for years
Old Apr 7, 2016, 4:53 pm

Programs: DL PM, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
For Sky Team flights, there is an Air France lounge (that I think used to be the old World Club but not sure). It is nothing impressive, but it is there. There is also a China Airlines lounge, though I've never been in there.
Old Apr 7, 2016, 5:23 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by jdrtravel
For Sky Team flights, there is an Air France lounge (that I think used to be the old World Club but not sure). It is nothing impressive, but it is there. There is also a China Airlines lounge, though I've never been in there.
It's nothing impressive either. Trip report with photos link:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...i-sfo-tpe.html

And FWIW the AF/KL and CI lounges are in Intl Terminal A.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.