Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Skyteam Member Aerolineas Argentina

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Skyteam Member Aerolineas Argentina

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2010, 2:23 pm

Location: SLC/AMS -- DL Plat, AA Plat, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold VIP
Originally Posted by hoth300
uhhh.... hate to break it to you, but argentina is part of latin america...
After living there for three years and traveling to Argentina 2-3 times a year for the past 5 years, I was aware of that.

The original article stated:
Argentina’s Flag Carrier Set To Sign Onto SkyTeam
Aerolíneas Argentinas, Argentina's flag carrier, this month plans to sign an agreement to join SkyTeam, beginning its transition, expected to be complete in 2012, to become the first Latin American airline in the global alliance.

Thus my comment regarding their definition of Latin America since AeroMexico has been a part of SkyTeam for years and is clearly in Latin America as well. They have since changed the article (as acknowledge by them in the comments below the article) to state the first "South American" airline.

Although that does remind me of the time back in the early 90's when I called TWA to ask if they or a partner serviced Argentina, and the customer service rep responded with "Now, Argentina is in Canada, right?".
Old Oct 20, 2010, 4:31 pm

Programs: DL FO
ah there you go, your comment makes much more sense now
Old Nov 30, 2010, 4:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
It's official from DL supports for AR to joins into SkyTeam

Delta Air Lines Supports Aerolineas Argentinas' Application to Join SkyTeam Alliance

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Delta-....html?x=0&.v=1

Now, its official news releases from DL supports for Aerolineas Argentinas to Join SkyTeam.

Congratulations to DL & AR will be very successful to Join SkyTeam Alliance.

Regards
Old Oct 30, 2011, 10:12 pm

Shall we be able to accumulate points on DLSM soon when flying AR?
Old Nov 15, 2011, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by N830MH
Delta Air Lines Supports Aerolineas Argentinas' Application to Join SkyTeam Alliance

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Delta-....html?x=0&.v=1

Now, its official news releases from DL supports for Aerolineas Argentinas to Join SkyTeam.

Congratulations to DL & AR will be very successful to Join SkyTeam Alliance.

Regards
Any date for earning SkyMiles on AR yet?
Old Nov 15, 2011, 3:11 pm

There was a wee-bit of movement on the KLM/AirFrance side of things a few days ago.

Aerolíneas Argentinas signs Code-share Agreements with Air France and KLM

Hopefully this means Delta is about to do the same thing (in terms of code-shares). I will probably be calling the Elite line in the next few days to see if award reservations are yet possible on Aerolneas Argentinas, which I am already assuming the answer is "no".

Edited to add: yep, the answer is still "no". Agents don't have any information about forthcoming code-shares or potential award reservations. Bleh.

Last edited by DJMeatBall; Nov 15, 2011 at 3:27 pm Reason: made a phone call
Old Nov 15, 2011, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL; AA; UA; CO; LHLX; NZ; QR; EK; BA
According to this, http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=43&item=1425,
codeshares are supposed to start in Q4 2011 (no specific date), and reciprocal FF benefits only in 2012.....
Old Nov 15, 2011, 7:26 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
I have read in Lonely Planet about a "two-tier pricing" on Aerolineas Argentinas-- If you are in Argentiana and book you get a much, much lower rate then someone from outside Argentina...and other people on Tripadvisor.com have said that if you select "English" on the website rather then Spanish the rate is higher.

Has anyone heard about this so called 2 tiered pricing or know the details/truth about it?
Old Nov 16, 2011, 8:14 am

Programs: Former AA EXP; 2M Lifetime PLT member-
Aerolineas is the pits! But they do offer the most frequent (and sometimes the only) connections within Argentina. Lan flies to the main cities, but service is limited. AEP/EZE land transfers are inconvenient and traffic sometimes unpredictable, and sometimes they change the airport on you last minute and if you got an evening intl connection in EZE, good luck! Efficiency is not the norm-- while it has gotten better, the lines are huge....Aerolineas has double pricing...Argentinian Citizens with passport of govt natl ID pay 1/3 of the domestic fare than foreigners pay--- and as such domestic flights are very expensive for non argentinians ....
Old Jan 6, 2012, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by ClipperDelta
According to this, http://news.delta.com/index.php?s=43&item=1425,
codeshares are supposed to start in Q4 2011 (no specific date), and reciprocal FF benefits only in 2012.....
Anyone heard any update on this? (Able to accrue points on DLSM when flying AR?)

Thanks!
Old Jan 11, 2012, 3:20 am

Looking for a cheap flight from Sydney to Buenos Aires

Hey, my name is Rick and I am hoping to fly to Buenos Aires in June 2012. The flights seem to be over $2000.00 AU. I cannot seem to get anything cheaper just by simple google searches. I am going to surprise my girlfriend over there so I was hoping for some advice or 'special deal'.

I did see that Qantas flies direct from Syd in 13 hours and other carries do it in 16 hours straight-some have multiple stops.

You may know something which could help me here.
Thanks in anticipation.
Old Jan 14, 2012, 7:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by ricc1984
Hey, my name is Rick and I am hoping to fly to Buenos Aires in June 2012. The flights seem to be over $2000.00 AU. I cannot seem to get anything cheaper just by simple google searches. I am going to surprise my girlfriend over there so I was hoping for some advice or 'special deal'.

I did see that Qantas flies direct from Syd in 13 hours and other carries do it in 16 hours straight-some have multiple stops.

You may know something which could help me here.
Thanks in anticipation.
Sorry for being of much help, but since there is not much competition on that route prices could be high. Plus I think the QF flight will soon stop.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:51 am

Programs: DL Gold, SkyClub, AA PLT, CO Silver, AS MVPGLD
I really hope we can earn DLSM and MQM's soon because I have to book a lot of MIA-EZE flights in a few months and would rather fly them (I thought I'd never say that) to rack up MQM's than flying AA/LA. The J product on AA and especially LA is faaaar better than AR but if I can get MQMs I'll suck it up and go AR!
Old Jan 27, 2012, 12:06 pm

Programs: DL, CO, LH, BA etc...
Originally Posted by SPatrick83
I really hope we can earn DLSM and MQM's soon because I have to book a lot of MIA-EZE flights in a few months and would rather fly them (I thought I'd never say that) to rack up MQM's than flying AA/LA. The J product on AA and especially LA is faaaar better than AR but if I can get MQMs I'll suck it up and go AR!
What about AeroMexico? I hear their J is quite nice...

* Plus, I think they offer even long-haul J for OptionTown upgrades - and if not mistaken, you get full J credit for those...
Old Feb 1, 2012, 6:46 am

Programs: DL Gold, SkyClub, AA PLT, CO Silver, AS MVPGLD
Che, just received this email from Aerolineas in regards to when the alliance will go into effect and when we can earn MQM's on AR flights:

"Efective March 01st will be activated Reciprocal Frequent Flyer Agreement with Delta.

About earning MQM please allow Maria (CC above) to answer to you ASAP. "

Will keep you posted when I hear about the MQM's

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.