Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

MCO - PRG using miles - booking engine issue?

Old Sep 20, 10, 5:46 pm
Original Poster

I am going on a trip to Prague next May and looked into using miles for the trip. Last time I checked (about 3 weeks ago) there was an ATL - PRG trip available. Now when I look, all of the options are taking me through JFK and the # of miles for Business doubled (from 100k to 200k). I can't seem to find the direct ATL - PRG flight any longer.

I'm a novice at booking anything other than my weekly business trips, so what am I missing?
Old Sep 20, 10, 6:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
At present, ATL-PRG nonstop isn't on the schedule for May 2011. It starts 5x weekly 6/1/11.

For awards, try searching day by day (not 'my dates are flexible') to look for Air France availability CDG-PRG. (Or get a subscription to ExpertFlyer for AF awards.)
Old Sep 20, 10, 7:09 pm

Programs: DL, ZSR, MHD ;)
or get KVS platinum and search for Z class (business award class) on CSA. This way you can fly DL to any place in EU where CSA flies too, e.g FRA or MUC or DUS, etc Then you can do MCO-ATL/JFK/MEM/MSP/DTW-XXX in Europe-PRG.

I have done TYS-DTW-FRA-PRG-ILZ on award tickets a few times in Y. It was not too difficultt to get them when searching with KVS.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: