Community
Wiki Posts
Search

how early can you volunteer ?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2010, 10:03 pm
Original Poster

how early can you volunteer ?

in my limited experience with trying to volunteer on delta flights, i've been told to do it at the gate (unless the check-in kiosk mentions it).

is that still the earliest one can attempt to get on a volunteer list ? can anything be done over the phone or at the ticket counter ?
Old Sep 20, 2010, 3:21 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, SPG, Marriott
At the gate.

Sometimes you can get lucky and it would be way oversold and catch it at the counter.

But just remember, i have seen flights go way oversold and me standing by (granted as a diamond) and I make it on and the agent (obviously) not needing any volunteers.

So in this case it is a true YMMV.
Old Sep 20, 2010, 3:23 am

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
You can volunteer at the ticket counter. Sometimes they will tell you to volunteer at the gate. But in small airports, I have volunteered at the ticket counter because the TA agent is also the GA or the TA will tell the GA. Even though I have volunteered at the ticket counter, I always stop at the gate and reconfirm that the GA knows that I have volunteered.

I do not believe that you can volunteer over the phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.