Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sky Club Reviews

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2010, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by jkramer65
PBI isn't bad. the airport is so easy it is nice, simple and clean.
I was in the PBI club last week - hadn't visited in a while but the same staff, I think they've been there for decades - most are ok that's it - I've never found them to "friendly" or what I've found in most CRC's or WC's but they will do (what's sad is I've always thought the PBI GA's/Red Coats to be some of the best in the system and still do....too bad the SC agents are only ok)

As far as DCA - agents are average (above PBI) SC agents so that's a plus....chairs are terribly worn but the club overall is decent and on par with the legacy CRC's in the SC system (much like PBI)
Old Oct 13, 2010, 5:46 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Returned from IND last week and the SC is on-track to open either late this month or next month. ^^^
Old Oct 13, 2010, 8:34 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond, Alaska MVP Gold75, Marriott Platinum, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by ND76
Very friendly, helpful staff, and probably the best beer selection at any airport lounge in the USA (who knew that it would be located in Utah?). Krusovice dark Czech beer--drool, drool.

Concur with the comment on DCA (one of my "home" airports)--nice club, friendly staff, but bartender often is MIA. The terrific Korean lady who worked at the CRC in the "interim terminal" and then moved over to the new north terminal no longer seems to work there.
Also can be one of the most crowded places. Delta really needs a second club in SLC.
Old Oct 13, 2010, 8:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, DL PM, Hilton Gold
I was surprised by the AF/DL comparison. I find DL SC to be better on all than AF (at least in the US; except for showers, I'm not impressed by J lounge in CDG by AF). But that's me.....

Best lounge I've been in? F by BA. That said, I think people are right -- SC could use an updating and upscaling. But, when it comes to Irrops? SC rocks for customers. They are GREAT in a pinch!

Dave
Old Oct 13, 2010, 9:02 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Extensive time spent in both MSP lounges. The one in C gates was the new look NWA WorldClub model and has the nice fireplace area, exposed stone, very good looking club.

The other club is located closest to check-in and the shopping/dining mall (adjacent to Chili's and the duty free store), and is a bit more dated looking, and a chronic lack of power outlets.

I like that both have self service bars ^

Perhaps the single biggest reason I renewed my membership though is the superlative service I've had when I've really needed some help. Three times in the last couple of months DL SkyClub agents in MSP have made things happen, and even pulled a miracle on one occassion. Chocolates & Treats all round for the MSP crew for those ones.

Ditto for SLC SkyClub where they were able to fix a HNL upgrade with miles issue where four phone reps had failed.

There are some dragons out there, sure. But the service and personal assistance is one of the top reasons to be a member IMHO.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Plat, IHG Plat, Marriott Silver
I got to check out another new (to me) Sky Club today in ATL - the one in A upstairs by Chili's. This one was great - not too crowded (late morning on a weekday), ample seating, and what have to be the best views available at ATL. My only complaint was that the air conditioning was turned way down this morning so it was cold in there. I liked this one better than the other one in A, and I wish it was open weekends.
Old Oct 14, 2010, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Italy98
IIRC, the absence of Woodford from the SC will be brought up during the Executive Session at the ATL DO in Oct.
+1
Old Oct 14, 2010, 7:42 pm

Programs: Delta 2M DM, Southwest A List and CP
Originally Posted by pmaddock
Yes - if DL had any sense of keeping the value of the membership they would restore the entire wave that claimed PHX - I think that included DEN and MCI.
Originally Posted by Italy98
PHX needs a club!
Yes... the old one in PHX is just sitting there, unoccupied and hopefully waiting to be reopened... and the DL timetable still thinks there is a SkyClub in PHX... is it stuck in the past, or does it have an eye towards the future?
Old Oct 22, 2010, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by DTWflyer
DTW Skyclubs are excellent, although the Center A club can get crowded at peak times around international departures. It can be as if this is the only club that people know of in the airport. The B/C club can experience brief crowds in the middle of flight banks, but between them it is decent. My favorite clubs in DTW are the North & South A at the tram stations. Sure they are a little smaller, but always less crowded and you can get a cool view of the airfield and terminal.

I prefer the SC's at the top of the tram stations as well over the center one. The main one is very nice and good sized but the center one is nice being on just one floor and isn't as crowded. I know a some people prefer a bartender, but I love the self service bars myself, I can make the drinks as strong as I want and no waiting in line or tipping the bartender (I just wish DTW would add Kahlua to the Self service bars) and also like that they have coke zero in the fountains.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
The one at MSY is smaller than some but nice. The bar isn't self serve but there is never a line to get a drink

My only complaint is that the MSY/DTW flights I am on always seem to fly out of concourse C and the SC is in Concourse D, so it means clearing security in both concourses.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:19 pm

Programs: DL DM, UA, IC Royal Amb, HH Diamond, SPG Plat, Avis First
Originally Posted by tgrazini
Also can be one of the most crowded places. Delta really needs a second club in SLC.
+1

I'm really hoping we get a second one after the terminal redesign is complete. The existing club is nice, centrally located, and the people are excellent, but it's usually packed most Sunday mornings when I'm there and power outlets are just about impossible to get.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 12:48 pm

Programs: DL DM 3 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PHXflier
Yes... the old one in PHX is just sitting there, unoccupied and hopefully waiting to be reopened... and the DL timetable still thinks there is a SkyClub in PHX... is it stuck in the past, or does it have an eye towards the future?
I know the old AA club in BNA ,sat for years until they reopened it. I am sure it is all about lease costs etc. I too would like the PHX to open, since there is not that much there.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA Plat 2MM/UA G MM/DL MM DM 2015/BA Silver/Hyatt Diamond
RDU

The new club in C is pretty nice - a little cramped in the bar area but its broken up into smaller rooms and that makes it less noisy. I was there on a Sunday evening the last time.
Old Oct 22, 2010, 6:43 pm

Programs: Platinum: Delta, Starwood, Priority Club. Hyatt-Diamond, TA
Any chance of a Club in Haneda next year??
Old Oct 22, 2010, 7:44 pm

SLC This is my home club and I am good with it. Great beer in Utah is not that strange. I dont think it is at the SC, but I especially like Squatters Full Suspension Pale ale. You gotta like your beer on the hoppy side for this one.

NRT - My favorite club too, like nearly everyone. I do like the one near the 20 something gates a little better than the one near the teens gates. The sushi was great, hope it returns.

SIN - Not really a sky club but they do let the elites hang out before DL flights, at like 4 or 5 AM. Someone blasted their wines in another thread but I thought they were fine. One time I tried to get into this club before a flight to Bali on another airline and was not admitted. They only allow SC people in the middle of the night it seems, around the coming and going of the two DL flights.

MEM - was just there this week and I really like it.

SEA and PDX - OK clubs, but sure would be nice if they had showers after a flight from NRT! SLC too. I prefer self serve bars too, nice to see this appears to be the trend and hope these clubs get them.

MXP - The AF 'club' by the gates was like, this is a club? Not very impressive. Next time I will definitely seek out the Alitalia lounges.

MSP -I like that place.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.