Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

FA announced number of DM, PM, GM & MM'ers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FA announced number of DM, PM, GM & MM'ers

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2010, 7:31 am

Programs: DL PM; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
FO's are non entities.
OK, I feel dumb for even asking. What is 'FO'? I assumed it was First Officer but in this context it does not.

c|d
Old Sep 15, 2010, 7:34 am

Programs: DL-DM, PC-PM
Originally Posted by cardood
OK, I feel dumb for even asking. What is 'FO'? I assumed it was First Officer but in this context it does not.

c|d
In the Delta forum it stands for Silver Medallion so it isn't confused with Sky Miles

Last edited by USAF_Pride; Sep 15, 2010 at 7:35 am Reason: Put Silver Elite.. Old habits die hard
Old Sep 15, 2010, 7:35 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cardood

c|d
Answered in the DL Forum FAQ sticky: http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318415
Old Sep 15, 2010, 7:38 am

Programs: DL-DM, PC-PM
Originally Posted by CJKatl
And, because back in 1968, we had cable, which meant we got five stations total, I could watch Romper Room on WTAE and then switch channels and watch an entirely different Romper Room on WJAC. Twice the Romper Room than those city kids got!

Now I can't get the term "Doo-Bee" out of my head.

You have a few years on me, but I wasn't blessed with cable, nor a remote for that matter. Come to think of it, I really don't have to tell my kids to get back from the TV like my parents told me. When you had to whirl the dial, you never wanted to be more than arm lengths away.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 7:42 am

Programs: DL DM, HH Dia, SPG Gold, MR Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by USAF_Pride
You have a few years on me, but I wasn't blessed with cable, nor a remote for that matter. Come to think of it, I really don't have to tell my kids to get back from the TV like my parents told me. When you had to whirl the dial, you never wanted to be more than arm lengths away.
This is too funny. My kids were complaining the other night about not being able to find the cable remote. I told them that, when I was their age, I was the remote. Of course, in the DC area at the time, we only had 7 channels (the big three, Fox, a Fox competitor [later became WB], and two PBS stations).
Old Sep 15, 2010, 8:06 am

Programs: DL Diamond and Million Miler, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hertz Pres Circle
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
FO's are non entities.
Yep. And I'll be there by the end of this year. Woohoo!
Old Sep 15, 2010, 8:33 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by avidflyer
I am thinking about suggesting a that the seats of the elites be draped with some kind of deluxe fabric and embroidered with the status of the person in the seat. That way they could save time on the announcement and just direct the rest of the airplane to genuflect as they pass. Works for me.
That would be a nice start but if DL is serious about this...

First, I think we should have our own music when we board. Next, we should be allowed to board before the pre-flts so there will be time for two PFB's instead of only one.

And as long as we are on this Medallion luv, it sure would be nice if DL would provide us with carts waiting at the gate to take us to our connecting flts. Bonus points if the driver yells out, "Move out of the way, DYKWIA aboard."

Old Sep 15, 2010, 9:00 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by PIONEER
Aren't all MM's also (lifetime) FO's?

That's not to say that you're incorrect. Some is a subset of all.
It's some because of the following example: I'm a MM but I also earned DM. Delta lists my status on delta.dumb and flight manifests as DM/MM. DL does not consider me to be a FO, nor do I.

A similar situation would arise if someone were gifted FO status but then earned a higher status level during the period of the gifted status.

More generally, earning 25K MQM and then an additional 25K MQM during a calendar year starting from zero makes one first a FO and later a GM, but not later both GM and FO as the terms are understood/commonly used. It would be awkward to say that a DM is also PM, GM, and FO.

Last edited by MSPeconomist; Sep 15, 2010 at 5:17 pm Reason: correct quote
Old Sep 15, 2010, 10:07 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
[QUOTE=MSPeconomist;14661403]
Originally Posted by PIONEER
Delta lists my status on delta.dumb and flight manifests as DM/MM. DL does not consider me to be a FO, nor do I.
Actually I just took a look at the manifest for the flt I am on and at least here, you would be listed as a MM/DM just in case anyone is keeping score.

Speaking of manifest, I hate to open a can of worms here but in the how-to-win-friends category, DL does not include FO status at all on this flt. Even if GM is the new Silver, it is a bit to ignore Silver Medallions entirely.

Duck, Incoming!!
Old Sep 15, 2010, 10:44 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by avidflyer
Because we need to hear it...loudly....several times.....in as many places as possible.....because we are special....
Maybe they should do a name by name roll call. LOL.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:15 am

Programs: DL PM(sigh)/2.3MM & a bunch of other programs...
Originally Posted by hw711
Maybe they should do a name by name roll call. LOL.
D-Y-K, Know Who I Am?

W-I-A, And You Should.

D-E-L-T-A...

and then, Mr Moose drops the ping pong balls...

yeah, I'm mixing shows...
Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:41 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by DLATL777
Exact same thing happened on my JFK-LAX flight last week. This particular FA even made a point to describe what MM meant to the whole plane in great detail.
Did she explain it correctly, i.e., that million miler qualification miles earned before January 1, 1997 (I think that's the correct date off the top of my head) include all earned miles and those after that date include only flown miles, so there are million milers who have not flown a million miles?
Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:54 am

Programs: AA PP, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Nat ExecElite, WN CP
Got the same announcement Monday afternoon PHX-ATL. Only 1 DM and I think 3 PM on that flight.

Think it is just good timing on my part as I normally head East on Monday and West on Thurs or Fri. I am 9 for 10 on upgrades on this route as a FO, but imagine it would be much worse if I was going the other way.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:13 pm

Programs: DL Plat
jrsinpdx:

I'm curious as to what day of week and time (and also aircraft type) for that PDX-ATL flight - could you share with us ? Thanks.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 12:14 pm

I had an FA do this on a particulary busy medallion flight.

I think it was something like 129 people on the UG list. 50 Gold members, several MMs, 20 DMS...etc. Even mentioned the silvers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.