Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Suntrust increases Skymiles bonus for their Delta Check Card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2010, 7:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: Life, Love and Laughter

7500 bonus miles after first purchase, $20 fee (personal)
15000 bonus miles after first purchase, $55 fee (personal)
25000 bonus miles after first purchase, $55 fee (business)

Details here:
https://www.suntrust.com/portal/serv...heck_card/1905

Hats off to http://frugaltravelguy.blogspot.com/ for this tip

Last edited by onthego15; Sep 2, 2010 at 7:28 am Reason: thank you needed
Old Sep 2, 2010, 8:04 am

Here is a stupid question, but seeing as I have never applied for a business card as I do not own a business, how hard is it to get approved for the business card. If I can get 25,000 miles for the same price as the World Check card, why wouldn't I?
Old Sep 2, 2010, 8:06 am

Programs: /usr/bin
Originally Posted by Dvike
Here is a stupid question, but seeing as I have never applied for a business card as I do not own a business, how hard is it to get approved for the business card. If I can get 25,000 miles for the same price as the World Check card, why wouldn't I?
Check cards are associated with a checking account. Some banks require you to present your business license to open up a business checking account.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 8:10 am

Thanks for posting. I'll open another account and get a second card.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 8:16 am

Programs: HHonors Dia, PC Plat, DL PM, SPG Gold
OP you beat me to post it - I flew a delta flight yest evening and I wanted to post this yesterday night but could not. The back of the skymag has an ad for this but does not mention the 25K for business.

I do not have a business - so do not plan on applying for one.

- naroowal
Old Sep 2, 2010, 8:20 am
Original Poster

Forgot to mention this:

The SkyMiles Check Cards are issued by SunTrust Banks, Inc., and the cards are available in AL, AR, FL, GA, MD, MS, NC, SC, TN, VA, WV, and DC.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 8:25 am

Programs: DL Platinum Medallion
I still wish they would offer a debit card from other banks with branches over a greater area. The local news here in Detroit just did a story on rewards debit cards the other day and didn't even know Delta had a debit card since the bank is out of this area.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 8:28 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Prem Exec
What is Suntrust?

Nevermind, I found them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Su..._Footprint.png

Quite the footprint for a partner of the world's largest airline...

Last edited by TheMoose; Sep 2, 2010 at 8:33 am
Old Sep 2, 2010, 9:24 am

Programs: DL Silver, HH Silver, IHG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
How soon are the miles posting? DL's been pretty good about posting activity bonuses fairly quickly (within 2 wks)...would they follow suit with check card miles? I'm interested in flying mid-Oct and wondering if it's worth taking the risk.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 9:38 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by butta1898
How soon are the miles posting? DL's been pretty good about posting activity bonuses fairly quickly (within 2 wks)...would they follow suit with check card miles? I'm interested in flying mid-Oct and wondering if it's worth taking the risk.
T&C says 6-8 weeks for miles to post, plus it will take a little time before you get the card and use it.
Search on FT for older Suntrust threads as this deal has been around for a while with smaller bonuses and you will find how long they take to post.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 10:21 am

I need some Skypesos (so I can book a flight and bid adieu to Delta!) - this seems like a good way to do it.

I have a couple questions:
1] Does anybody know how long the account has to remain open?
2] Will this result in a hard pull (there was a similar offer some months back, and some people mentioned it might result in a hard pull, which I can ill-afford )

Thanks!
Old Sep 2, 2010, 1:54 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: DL DM, UA, AA, SPG Gold, Marriott, HH, Fairmont, NYSC (Passport), 24hrFitness-Super Sport
Originally Posted by TheMoose
What is Suntrust?

Nevermind, I found them:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Su..._Footprint.png

Quite the footprint for a partner of the world's largest airline...
A rarity. Something we agree on!
Old Sep 2, 2010, 2:04 pm

Programs: DL GM, UA Silver, Marriott Plat, National Exec
Can I pay my Suntrust Mortgage with a Suntrust Check Card?
Old Sep 2, 2010, 2:13 pm

I did the 10k bonus a few months ago, from UT, and it worked and miles posted. I funded the accounts then bought walmart gift cards with the balance in the account (minus the annual fee). Since the account sat at $0 balance they closed the account and the bonus miles were left alone.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 2:15 pm

Originally Posted by bez7
I did the 10k bonus a few months ago, from UT, and it worked and miles posted. I funded the accounts then bought walmart gift cards with the balance in the account (minus the annual fee). Since the account sat at $0 balance they closed the account and the bonus miles were left alone.
I opened one personal account for me and one for my wife and mistakenly put my skymiles # on both...they posted all miles to my skymiles account. The only trouble I had was one 5k bonus miles posting didn't take, so I had to call them to figure out which personal checking account didn't complete. But the CSR figured it out and the miles were credited.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.