FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   5,000 Delta SkyMiles for $9.99 + tax — Try out Amex Identity Protection (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1121881-5-000-delta-skymiles-9-99-tax-try-out-amex-identity-protection.html)

Kohoutek Aug 30, 2010 5:55 pm

5,000 Delta SkyMiles for $9.99 + tax — Try out Amex Identity Protection

https://www.singleidentity.net/globa...f=AMXEMAIL0105

Simple and secure enrollment with continuous protection and easy billing. You can try Single Identity from American Express. With your authorization, the $9.99 monthly membership fee (plus applicable taxes) will be billed to the card you provide. If you wish to cancel, you can call toll free 1-866-344-9202 or email [email protected] or click the cancel link on the Customer Center page at www.singleidentity.net. You can cancel your benefits at any time and you will not be billed for any additional months and your service will last through the end of the then current monthly term. You will be notified of any price increase and may cancel your membership if you do not want to continue to be billed at the new price.

tkey75 Aug 30, 2010 6:02 pm

Please allow 8-12 weeks for miles earned to appear in your SkyMiles account. Only first time enrollees are eligible for the bonus miles. All Delta SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide. Delta, SkyMiles, and the Delta logo are registered service marks of Delta Air Lines, Inc. Partner offers are subject to the terms and conditions of each individual offer. See individual offers for details. Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply.

So not quite $10. More like at least $20, maybe $30. I suggest an amendment to the thread title.

Still, about $100 savings. I'd consider it.

mersk862 Aug 30, 2010 6:04 pm

Originally Posted by tkey75 (Post 14574188)
Please allow 8-12 weeks for miles earned to appear in your SkyMiles account. Only first time enrollees are eligible for the bonus miles. All Delta SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide. Delta, SkyMiles, and the Delta logo are registered service marks of Delta Air Lines, Inc. Partner offers are subject to the terms and conditions of each individual offer. See individual offers for details. Offers void where prohibited by law. Other restrictions may apply.

So not quite $10. More like at least $20, maybe $30. I suggest an amendment to the thread title.

That was my first thought - all depends on when the miles post.

Still, even at $30, it comes out to .6 cents/mile - not a bad deal by any stretch of the imagination.

Astrophsx Aug 30, 2010 6:26 pm

8-12 weeks seems like a long enough time for me to forget about the purchase and forget to check if the miles have posted!

Wouldn't you really only have to pay for the first month?

tkey75 Aug 30, 2010 7:33 pm

Originally Posted by Astrophsx (Post 14574299)
8-12 weeks seems like a long enough time for me to forget about the purchase and forget to check if the miles have posted!

Sure does!

Originally Posted by Astrophsx (Post 14574299)
Wouldn't you really only have to pay for the first month?

It doesn't specify, but I would extremely cautiously say wait until the miles post to cancel.

hellyea Aug 31, 2010 12:02 pm

5000 Skymiles for $9.99 - Try out Amex Identity Protection

Link

Looks like you sign up, keep it active for one month, pay the $9.99 monthly fee, and you get 4000 miles. Lets not debate the usefulness of Skymiles but for those that need a cheap bump to the next tier, this might work well for you.

Simple and secure enrollment with continuous protection and easy billing. You can try Single Identity from American Express. With your authorization, the $9.99 monthly membership fee (plus applicable taxes) will be billed to the card you provide. If you wish to cancel, you can call toll free 1-866-344-9202 or email [email protected] or click the cancel link on the Customer Center page at www.singleidentity.net. You can cancel your benefits at any time and you will not be billed for any additional months and your service will last through the end of the then current monthly term. You will be notified of any price increase and may cancel your membership if you do not want to continue to be billed at the new price.

Delta2010 Aug 31, 2010 3:02 pm

I am trying it!

I think I am going to give this a shot. Delta has been good about crediting the miles sooner then later. Lets see how soon I get the miles. I will post here as soon as I receive the miles and cancel my subscription.

arfgoblue Aug 31, 2010 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Delta2010 (Post 14579875)
Delta has been good about crediting the miles sooner then later.

That is true. I've been getting miles posted in less than 2 weeks generally.

sbm12 Aug 31, 2010 3:16 pm

You're more dependent on the partner reporting the transaction than on Delta posting them for the lag time issues.

The rate isn't horrible but also not quite as great as the thread title suggest.

DL2SXM Aug 31, 2010 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by sbm12 (Post 14579947)
You're more dependent on the partner reporting the transaction than on Delta posting them for the lag time issues.

The rate isn't horrible but also not quite as great as the thread title suggest.

This is true. The miles posting is 90% vendor and 10% delta.

scsurfer Aug 31, 2010 8:31 pm

I signed up for this, I'll post when my miles go through.

Tailgater Sep 1, 2010 12:03 pm

Looks like I'm going to bite, also. Sometimes, I'm leary of this "opt out." business---once I had to follow through several times with CSR telephone calls to cancel a travel club. But, I see you can even email opt out, so maybe okay!

buschoi Sep 1, 2010 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by Tailgater (Post 14585384)
Looks like I'm going to bite, also. Sometimes, I'm leary of this "opt out." business---once I had to follow through several times with CSR telephone calls to cancel a travel club. But, I see you can even email opt out, so maybe okay!

In those cases, I would sign-up with a virtual card number with an expiration date that is very close and a very low "credit limit". If I have trouble getting in touch with them to cancel, I know for sure they will not be able to charge my card soon, and they will be the ones contacting me. I will then just tell them to cancel it.

In this case, though, I am somewhat more confident since this is related to AMEX.

By the way, I am considering getting this one, too. I have wanted to sign up for a credit-monitoring service anyway. I am just waiting for more data point from those who have already subscribed.

nydad Sep 8, 2010 3:02 am

Does anyone have any update?

Kohoutek Sep 8, 2010 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by nydad (Post 14620071)
Does anyone have any update?

:confused: An update to what?

Most of us have anted up for the 5,000 DL bonus miles, despite the pooh-poohing and the naysaying of some folk, and plan to cancel the service within the first month. Others will continue the service at additional cost until the bonus miles are posted, or just because.