dtw lax

Old Aug 27, 10, 2:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/ AZ CFP
dtw lax

Hey everyone,

Sorry to bother, i just can't seem to find any info on the 1619 dtw lax flight scheduled on sep 9th. Im going to be flying first class and i've never been delta domestic first class for a 5 hr long flight.
What should I be expecting in terms of meal( lunch only , ugh ), amenity kits, head sets... only 1 meal or 2? any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

gn
Old Aug 27, 10, 2:48 pm

Programs: DL DM
Wow, based on your questions, prepare to be UNDERwhelmed. You will have a standard domestic F seat. OK legroom. AVOD in F. Predeparture beverage, beverage after takeoff, lunch (pasta and or chicken with pie or cake for dessert), headphones, and that is about it. Shortly before landing, you will probably be offered the snack basket. No type of amenity kit at all. Don't expect much, and you won't be disappointed.
Old Aug 27, 10, 2:53 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by GrizNation View Post
Hey everyone,

What should I be expecting in terms of meal( lunch only , ugh ), amenity kits, head sets... only 1 meal or 2? any info would be greatly appreciated.

gn
One meal (typically salad or sandwich), possible pre-flight drink (or at least a small bottle of water), some on board entertainment, including a movie, free wine and drinks, and a free head set (I bring my own noise canceling one).

For info on seating see seatguru.com

Bob H

Last edited by BobH; Aug 27, 10 at 3:10 pm
Old Aug 27, 10, 3:02 pm

Programs: DL, BA
1619 is the afternoon flight on an 777-200LR, right? I have been upgraded into first (V) on this flight before, and it's definitely the best choice for DTW-LAX if you are flexible on when you can leave town. I think it's a repositioning leg to a TPAC flight, so it's got the nice full recline seats.

Last edited by mrbrad; Aug 27, 10 at 3:10 pm Reason: 77L not ER
Old Aug 27, 10, 3:42 pm

Programs: DL, UA
Right now, 1619 on the 9th is a 757 WITHOUT AVOD; just one of the old standard Delta with 24 up front. Entirely possible they could change the equipment though. On the 9th, the 77L doesn't operate DTW-LAX.

If you can, I would change to 1819 right now which is the last flight out. It is operated by a 763 though which has just a bit more leg room in F and has AVOD.
Old Aug 27, 10, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K/ AZ CFP
thanks yall for ur helpful advice,

UGH no avod, thats terrible news, but oh well, i guess i'll just hope for a possible equipment change. when would that happen? and is it likely?
Old Aug 27, 10, 5:59 pm

Programs: UA 1K; *G and *A Top 1000; HHonors Diamond; *$ Gold; Global Entry
Delta Flight 432

I'm flying the same route, DTW to LAX, on Delta Flight 432 on 9 October. The plane is a 737. Does anyone know if this is one of the 737s with AVOD?

Search this Thread
Search Engine: