Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

RUMOR: Airbus 319 to lose 1 row of FC - Now 12 seats (not 16)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RUMOR: Airbus 319 to lose 1 row of FC - Now 12 seats (not 16)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2010, 5:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: NW Platinum Elite, *Wood Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Thumbs down RUMOR: Airbus 319 to lose 1 row of FC - Now 12 seats (not 16)

A little birdie told me that starting today, they are going to begin removing 1 row of FC on the 319 and it will only have 12 FC seats (3 rows of 4). It sounded like it would be a phased approach. Probably best we'll leave this in rumor state until someone sees one flying around the system.

I guess it was only a matter of time, the 319 had a great FC ratio, leave it to a DL bean counter to "enhance" that.

Also, I don't peruse these anymore and a search of 319 is apparently invalid, so I apologize if this has been posted.

Discuss.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 5:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
this has been discussed repeatedly over the past few months...yes it's true (There are many threads on this topic)
Old Aug 25, 2010, 5:48 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Prem Exec
Best in class!

Hey, if the PMDL folks were only used to 12 FC seats, then it doesn't matter what PMNW customers were used to. Take the lowest common denominator and claim "synergies" or whatever the word of the month is.

Don't worry, the PMDL folks will still complain about a lack of AVOD.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 6:06 am

Originally Posted by TheMoose
Best in class!

Hey, if the PMDL folks were only used to 12 FC seats, then it doesn't matter what PMNW customers were used to. Take the lowest common denominator and claim "synergies" or whatever the word of the month is.

Don't worry, the PMDL folks will still complain about a lack of AVOD.
You mean all those A319s that's Delta had pre-merger?
Old Aug 25, 2010, 6:09 am
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...iguration.html
Old Aug 25, 2010, 6:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: NW Platinum Elite, *Wood Platinum, HHonors Diamond, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by socrates
this has been discussed repeatedly over the past few months...yes it's true (There are many threads on this topic)
Mods feel free to merge/delete.... There are no threads in the first 5 pages and the search is clearly not allowing 319.

Unrelated - When did they remove the ability to do 3 character searches? I honestly tried to search and it said it was too short. I thought they had it so you could search airport codes. Oh well.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 6:13 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Prem Exec
Originally Posted by seminole_kev
You mean all those A319s that's Delta had pre-merger?
I don't get your point.

Pre-merger, NW elites could expect a minimum of 16 FC seats on every mainline flight. And the A319s were rarely used on flights longer than 2.5 hours, FWIW. Now, who knows how many seats you'll get. 12, 14, 16? It's a crapshoot. And DL is deploying these on some pretty long routes (think FLL-LAX). DL is making the brilliant decision to remove FC AND not install AVOD AND deploy on longer routes. How Best in Class of them and how customer friendly!

But DL fans will still likely complain about the lack of AVOD rather than the loss of 4 FC seats, because it's easier to complain and blame things on NW rather than look at DL's choices. Remember, anything that's happened (or hasn't happened) since Oct 2008 is squarely Delta's responsibility.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 6:14 am

Originally Posted by kcnwa
Mods feel free to merge/delete.... There are no threads in the first 5 pages and the search is clearly not allowing 319.

Unrelated - When did they remove the ability to do 3 character searches? I honestly tried to search and it said it was too short. I thought they had it so you could search airport codes. Oh well.
If you put it in quotes, like "319" the search feature will work.

Also, tidied up my Flyer Talk view a little bit. Should make this forum more useful.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 6:16 am

Programs: DL-DM, PC-PM
Simple delta math: 6 more Y seats to sell.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 6:17 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by seminole_kev
If you put it in quotes, like "319" the search feature will work.
Thanks... Being out of the game for a year now I don't often visit
Old Aug 25, 2010, 6:20 am

Originally Posted by kcnwa
Thanks... Being out of the game for a year now I don't often visit
No problem. I find that is more useful than trying to get the various ways someone might post, say 767, 767-300, 767 300, 767-300ER, 767-300 ER, and the like to just search "767" in the title for example.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by TheMoose
I don't get your point.

Pre-merger, NW elites could expect a minimum of 16 FC seats on every mainline flight. And the A319s were rarely used on flights longer than 2.5 hours, FWIW. Now, who knows how many seats you'll get. 12, 14, 16? It's a crapshoot. And DL is deploying these on some pretty long routes (think FLL-LAX). DL is making the brilliant decision to remove FC AND not install AVOD AND deploy on longer routes. How Best in Class of them and how customer friendly!

But DL fans will still likely complain about the lack of AVOD rather than the loss of 4 FC seats, because it's easier to complain and blame things on NW rather than look at DL's choices. Remember, anything that's happened (or hasn't happened) since Oct 2008 is squarely Delta's responsibility.
1) Delta has not said yes or no to AVOD. So please don't state it as a fact. If you got the chance to read the Flightblogger PR for the Fusion system you will see that Delta said it will have a full PR once they get the plan 100%, but we do know the 76L/G/Us, 744s and M90s will get the Fusion system and i expect the same for the rest of the fleet. I would expect a PR right around the time Fusion gets done with testing.

If you look everytime someone as asked this question at Delta they have said we have not announced it. Haven't said "no the 32S wont get AVOD"
2) LAX-FLL (or any TCON from LAX) is nothing under a A320. MCO/TPA/FLL and 1x MSY are all 737-800s and the 2nd MSY flight is a 320. Matter of fact I don't believe Delta has a 319 into LAX at all.
3) Delta will have two blocks of aircraft, 319/73G (12F/112Y/114Y) and the M88/320/M90/738(16F)
Old Aug 25, 2010, 7:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
I think the bigger question is just how many Y seats are they adding... 1 or 2 rows? Seems like an awful lot of expense to go from 16/108 to 12/114. Might as well go to 12/120 to cram in more bodies and make the plane the worst F percenatge in the fleet.

I know I'll be avoiding these like the plague once the new config goes in... especailly with how DL is flying them on 2.5+ hour routes now. Remember the MD90 discussions where lots of people were adamant that they'd only be used for shorter (<2hr flights)? Guess what... those nasty planes are being used for 3.5hr mid-cons, and the new config with additional 2 seats of F doesn't come close to making up for it since the seat pitch and comfort is crap.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 7:36 am
Suspended

Would it be best in class to pull all of the A319 mainline capacity out of the system by parking/retiring the fleet? Supposedly the economics under the prior configuration were financially unsustainable. I'm sure all of the mainline employees and customers would prefer flying on a CRJ instead of an A319 with 12 F seats.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 8:50 am

Programs: UA 1K (MM), DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium (LT PLT), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by USAF_Pride
Simple delta math: 6 more Y seats to sell.
Try 12... Oh, right... That's the other part of the "enhancement"... Reduced pitch for all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.