Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Multiple business class tickets using FF miles on Delta

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2013, 11:08 am
Original Poster

I'm new to this forum but was wondering if anyone has had any luck obtaining more than one business class ticket on Delta using FF miles. We were mainly interested in LAS - BKK and do have flexibility with dates but in all of my searching, there were multiple dates with 1 ticket but never 2.
I also search from LAX to various destinations in Europe and found one ticket available but never more than one. Thanks
Old May 22, 2013, 11:13 am
Suspended

Programs: DL FO, UA, AA, AsiaMiles, SPG, HHonors
You mean that only one ticket was available, or only one ticket was available at the mileage level you wanted to pay?

There are rarely days when no award tickets are available or when only 1 is avaialble. DL is almost always willing to sell an award ticket for high mileage. Unless the cabin is already fully booked or there's only 1 seat left, etc.

What's the date range?
Old May 22, 2013, 11:15 am

Programs: Delta Plat, CO Gold, AF
I usually redeem 3 pairs of business class tickets (6 total) LAX-CDG every year, DL tickets, AF metal. Always at low miles. Plan as far out as possible and be VERY flexible with your dates. Keep hunting. It takes time and patience. You can also call and hope to get an agent that will work with you to find what you want. Sometimes a second or third call results in a different answer. Good luck.
Old May 22, 2013, 11:19 am
Original Poster

I was looking for fall - October or November. There were multiple dates with low mileage level business class available - but never more than one ticket at that level.
Old May 22, 2013, 11:20 am

Programs: DM/3MM
Joined in May 2006 and today is your first post? Has to be a record...

There are lots of threads on this, but overall, you first should check US gateway city - BKK, then LAS - gateway city. Sometimes you can get tix from the gateway city but LAS (or pick a US city) to the US gateway city is not available, and that gets the response "not available".
Old May 22, 2013, 11:26 am
Original Poster

Sorry - I'm confused. I made an error in my first post. So if I want to go to Los Angeles to Bangkok what are you suggesting I do (Trojan)? Thanks!
Old May 22, 2013, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by skstayton
Sorry - I'm confused. I made an error in my first post. So if I want to go to Los Angeles to Bangkok what are you suggesting I do (Trojan)? Thanks!
Look at CZ (China Southern) for lax-can-bkk award availability. The lax-can segment is on the A380 with completely flat beds in business, and typically has good availability. Alternatively, look at MU (China Eastern) sfo-pvg-bkk. However, look carefully at the sfo-pvg flights to select the flight with fully flat beds. Some flights do not have them.
Third option..I didn't check the black out dates for KE (Korean Airlines), but this might be another option.
Old May 22, 2013, 2:47 pm

Originally Posted by skstayton
I was looking for fall - October or November. There were multiple dates with low mileage level business class available - but never more than one ticket at that level.
Oh..and don't depend on the DL website for finding award seats. It is a well known fact that it does not work......in any shape or form. You will have to use alternate forms to search for award seats (ie Expert Flyer, Air France website, KVS, etc.). Once you find the seats, you will need to call DL and spoon feed the exact information to the CSA in hopes of getting the seats.
Old May 23, 2013, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your help!! Maybe I won't have to stick my husband back in coast after all

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.