Old cardstock BP still available?

Old Aug 20, 2010, 9:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA, UA, HHonors Gold
Old cardstock BP still available?

Did a quick search and the last discussion of cardstock boarding pass was back in 2007.

Has anyone who's flown from STL recently been able to get a BP printed on the old cardstock? Or has the full conversion taken place and they are nowhere to be found? I'm doing my first international MR next month STL - HKG (double MQM's + bonus promo) and would love to have the old cardstock BP to keep.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 9:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, Marriott LT Titanium, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Not sure aboutSTL... but they still had it in SJC recently.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 9:55 am
ftv

Programs: AS MVP 100K, F9 dirt Hilton damond, Choice Gold, Former DL Plat, UA 1K
I was given old cardstock at MSP after a cluster reroute. It was used at the help desk, mid-concourse.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 10:03 am

Not sure what you mean by "old cardstock", but I got one on thicker paper from the GA at STL today, vs. the thinner ones that usually come out of the kiosks. If this is a NW thing... not sure.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 11:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL, AA, UA, HHonors Gold
Thanks nfg05. I'm new to DL, so I'm assuming they used to have the cardboard type paper (with rounded corners) that most airlines used to use. I got them on UA as recent as last year by checking in at the counter. My first flight on DL was just a couple months ago and I checked in at a kiosk where it gave me the flimsy fax paper. Sounds like I might be able to get something better than that at STL.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 11:10 am

Programs: UA 1K 1.1MM, CX Diam 1.0MM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC, MGM Pearl
Originally Posted by ftv
I was given old cardstock at MSP after a cluster reroute. It was used at the help desk, mid-concourse.
+1, Same here, although under different circumstances
Old Aug 20, 2010, 12:24 pm

Programs: DL DM/2MM
In my experience, the kiosks give flimsy paper stock, and TAs who are still running "old" legacy systems at the ticket counters and elsewhere issue the thicker stock.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
I was in ATL about to board a flight (this was in March) and I saw a person holding a bigger sized BP with the wavy gravy logo, and such. It was like this one:

http://www.dailyreceipts.com/receipt...x1218.jpg.html
Old Aug 20, 2010, 12:49 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, DL SkClub LT, Marr LT Plat, IHG Plat, HH Diam
It's been well over a year since i've received the thicker stock/rounded corner-style BP out of STL.

In STL, the only difference between the BP's issued at kiosks and those issued at counters is the font of the type. Paper is same stock. I occasionally get the VERY thin stock paper BP's at some stations but in STL it's been consistent for a while.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 1:06 pm

Programs: DL DM
Wow... amazing what people put up on websites...

Originally Posted by N639DL
I was in ATL about to board a flight (this was in March) and I saw a person holding a bigger sized BP with the wavy gravy logo, and such. It was like this one:

http://www.dailyreceipts.com/receipt...x1218.jpg.html
Old Aug 20, 2010, 1:06 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
I received a cardstock boarding pass at HPN last week. They don't have kiosks here, so the agent prints it out on the thicker paper.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 1:11 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Thick Paper:
LAS Check In
BWI Check In
ATL Gate E7

Thin Paper:
PHX Check In
CVG Skyclub
MSP Gate C20
Old Aug 20, 2010, 1:18 pm
Suspended

Smile Cardstock BPs

Originally Posted by CMK10
Thick Paper:
LAS Check In
BWI Check In
ATL Gate E7

Thin Paper:
PHX Check In
CVG Skyclub
MSP Gate C20
I sure do find it interestig that this would matter to anyone.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL FO/1MM, UA Silver, Marriott Titanium, National Exec Elite
I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes the old card stock I've only gotten them consistently at international outstations.

Just to be clear, does this list sound about right for the options available for DL BPs? :

1. OLCI - Whatever your heart desires (I went through a phase of printing BPs on cardstock and cutting them out... WOW what a nerd!)
2. Kiosk - Very thin Fax/Receipt/Thermal/Whatever paper.
3. Desk Check-in (PMDL new) - Very thin Fax/Receipt/Thermal/Whatever paper with different font than the Kiosk BPs. Seems like it could be the same paper as the Kiosk though.
4. Desk Check-in (PMNW new) - Slightly more substantive than the Kiosk paper. It's kept on a roll, so when it prints it will never lay flat.
5. Desk Check-in (PMDL old) - Thickest of all. Like card stock with rounded corners and either the "wavy gravy" logo in blue & red or the newer logo in dark blue.

This obviously doesn't include BPs you are given when checking in with other airlines, but I think this is everything you can currently receive from DL... Only thing I'm not sure about is the MSP card stock printers... I'm assuming they've just changed out the NW stock for DL stock. What about fonts?
Old Aug 20, 2010, 1:39 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Welcome to FlyerTalk and The Delta SkyMiles forum bdheini!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.