Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

No ' log out ' button on Delta.com home page

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2010, 1:14 pm
Original Poster

Once signed in you can't log out from the home page. Annoying at a minimum... security issue if forgotten.

Delta.com... simple fix!
Old Aug 17, 2010, 1:17 pm

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
There's a link on the tab with your Sky Miles information, which is part of the home page. How much more on the home page do you want it?
Old Aug 17, 2010, 1:25 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Accor Gold
Logout is found once you click on first tab, or any other page past the main page.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 4:10 pm

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by fromYXU
Logout is found once you click on first tab, or any other page past the main page.
and that's supposed to be user friendly???

why am I not surprised,

Bob H
Old Aug 17, 2010, 5:24 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BobH
and that's supposed to be user friendly???

why am I not surprised,

Bob H
Well since that is the "account" page it makes some sense. The only better place for it may be on the tab itself (replace Log In with Log Out).
Old Aug 17, 2010, 5:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by TTT
Well since that is the "account" page it makes some sense. The only better place for it may be on the tab itself (replace Log In with Log Out).
I log in with my account, my wife's account, and various other family members accounts, since I manage all the accounts. Therefore I can be on any page on the site when I decide to log out and then log in with a different account.

Therefore, it should be like most other sites (industry standard?) where you can easily log off from anywhere, without straining your eyes or poking around all over the place to find the logout botton.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 6:36 pm

Programs: Delta PlM, 1M
Originally Posted by TTT
The problem with putting it on the log-in button is that this now serves as the "account info" button.

Seams llike it could either bottom right (right of cruises) or where the top right SyMiles is (and shift that entire line left).

Personally, I consider this one a little more use surely than the lack of a homepage login which others have complained about.

BTW, anybody catch the facebook and twitter icons bottom left? I want to puke
Old Aug 17, 2010, 6:41 pm
TTT
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM MM, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Gargoyle
I log in with my account, my wife's account, and various other family members accounts, since I manage all the accounts. Therefore I can be on any page on the site when I decide to log out and then log in with a different account.

Therefore, it should be like most other sites (industry standard?) where you can easily log off from anywhere, without straining your eyes or poking around all over the place to find the logout botton.
Originally Posted by exwannabe
The problem with putting it on the log-in button is that this now serves as the "account info" button.

Seams llike it could either bottom right (right of cruises) or where the top right SyMiles is (and shift that entire line left).

Personally, I consider this one a little more use surely than the lack of a homepage login which others have complained about.

BTW, anybody catch the facebook and twitter icons bottom left? I want to puke

Both good points and ones I hadn't thought about (probably why I don't design websites )
Old Aug 18, 2010, 8:44 am

Programs: AA EXP
I think it could go underneath or next to your name in the red bar

Bob Ross (logout)
Super-Awesome Medallion | Sky Rockstar TM
depending on how long your name is, it could go underneath it, but that looks pretty bad
Old Aug 18, 2010, 9:25 am

Programs: Delta (nee NW), Hilton Diamond. IHG (PT)
Originally Posted by TTT
If you want a good example of a good log in / log out set up, look no farther than the web page that you're looking at right now.

It's always there and easy to find.

Bob H
Old Aug 18, 2010, 9:28 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
I had no trouble finding it, but agree that DL should probably make it more prominent on the home page. Seems like an easy fix.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 10:09 am

Programs: DL, National, Marriott, Hilton
It is on the SM Dashboard, right above the links to SkyMiles, Profile, Account History, etc. I personally don't have a problem with it being there, if I need to do something with my account I would be going there anyways.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 2:01 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Bumping this thread because I have now spent 5 minutes looking for it. Not user friendly.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 2:45 pm
Moderator: Hyatt; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: :rolleyes:, DL DM, Mlife Plat, Caesars Diam, Marriott Tit, UA Gold, Hyatt Glob, invol FT beta tester
Originally Posted by ChinaShrek
Bumping this thread because I have now spent 5 minutes looking for it. Not user friendly.
IMO how you get there is reasonably intuitive -- as with most sites that don't have a logout button on the main page, it's in the account/profile dropdown usually accessed by clicking on a photo or arrow in the upper right.

However I will grant you that once you open the triangle menu, it's kinda buried among all the other crap in the dropdown menu but it's in the lower left (right about "My Delta")

Is it that important though? On a computer you control it's not that important to logout, and I wouldn't login on a public computer anyway but if I were in a pinch and absolutely had to, I'd do it in an incognito window and then close it when done.
Old Dec 19, 2018, 3:57 pm

Programs: United Silver and HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Zorak

Is it that important though? On a computer you control it's not that important to logout, and I wouldn't login on a public computer anyway but if I were in a pinch and absolutely had to, I'd do it in an incognito window and then close it when done.
Normally, I would agree with you but I had to log into three difference accounts one right after the other. Log out should appear on any page that one is using.
Zorak likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.