Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

DL Customer Care makes things right on IDB and mishandled VDB

DL Customer Care makes things right on IDB and mishandled VDB

Old Aug 17, 10, 7:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, DL SkClub LT, AA Gold, SPG Plat/LT Gold, IHG Plat, HH Diam, AS MVP
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DiverDave View Post
OP wanted to be on the flight he should have been on. We cannot quarrel with or question that. That's what needed to be done. This GA may not have been the one that offloaded OP, but he should have been on the flight and the GA fixed that. Somebody created a lot of extra work for the GA, but it was NOT the OP.

Now some are questioning whether OP should have then asked for the VDB. Again - come on guys, this is FT where we are always trying to get something more.....For $600 in Delta Dollars, how many of us really would have sat there and not volunteered?

Cheers,
David
Thank you David. Perfect summary.

I dont understand the mentality that I should somehow feel guilty for trying to score the $600VDB when it was someone at DL that screwed everything up to begin with!
Old Aug 17, 10, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: 6000 ft altitude below the LIBERTY 5 departure from KEWR
Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Premier
Originally Posted by hockeystl View Post

I dont understand the mentality that I should somehow feel guilty for trying to score the $600VDB when it was someone at DL that screwed everything up to begin with!
+1. On Saturday, I was supposed to fly ATL-MSP. Weather looked ominous, earlier flights to MSP were full in F and I wanted a chance at an upgrade, which looked good via DTW. CRC agent was able to get me onto an earlier ATL-DTW-MSP which had seats in F.

I go to the gate, planning to take the flight. Check the GIDS, it's oversold. I go up to the gate, agent quickly processes a $400 bump voucher for me. Works out great as I was now rebooked on a nonstop, had $400 in vouchers and in the end, I would have misconnected in DTW. Sometimes things work out great.
Old Aug 17, 10, 7:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by hockeystl View Post

Maybe you feel guilty on your own accord? plain and simple, you made out like a bandit. And again, I seriously doubt anyone else would have gotten the treatment that you got.

Here's an example. I go to a yankees game. I complain about my seats to the head of security who I happen to have a working relationship with due to previous issues and complaints. Because of my previous contact with the head of security, he moves me to field level seats and I get comped all the drinks and food I can eat/drink. I then start a thread on a yankee forum about how great the NY Yankees are. In reality, this wouldnt happen to the average jane/joe, but only the individual who has the proper point of contact with the yankees, or in your case, Delta.

This is a public forum after all, right? so, you started a thread, people commented on it, no one was out of line, I offered my piece, you didnt like it, such is life in the delta world; and it goes on and on and on.
Old Aug 17, 10, 7:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: 6000 ft altitude below the LIBERTY 5 departure from KEWR
Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Premier
Originally Posted by nypdLieu View Post
Maybe you feel guilty on your own accord? plain and simple, you made out like a bandit. And again, I seriously doubt anyone else would have gotten the treatment that you got.

Here's an example. I go to a yankees game. I complain about my seats to the head of security who I happen to have a working relationship with due to previous issues and complaints. Because of my previous contact with the head of security, he moves me to field level seats and I get comped all the drinks and food I can eat/drink. I then start a thread on a yankee forum about how great the NY Yankees are. In reality, this wouldnt happen to the average jane/joe, but only the individual who has the proper point of contact with the yankees, or in your case, Delta.

This is a public forum after all, right? so, you started a thread, people commented on it, no one was out of line, I offered my piece, you didnt like it, such is life in the delta world; and it goes on and on and on.
But...the thing is, the OP states quite clearly that he sent in the e-mail via TTU. A TTU is a PMNW term for the email via the contact us link. Nowhere does the OP state that he e-mailed any of his special contacts - he sent it in just like any regular person would via a webform to some anonymous contact.

From there, my guess is his account is flagged where if something gets sent in, it goes to some person with some power - due to him being a high-profit customer - nothing the OP can do here other than not buy so many full fare tickets. From there, it got handled by those people who had it in front of them to address the situation.

Nowhere did the OP (other than a passing remark unrelated to the situation) mention anything about his contact.

As I mentioned above, Delta now has a new loyalty system that makes it quite easy to identify extremely high value customers. It wouldn't shock me if one of them sends in something, it goes to someone with some authority.

End of the day, the OP got the treatment he got because he's extremely profitable to Delta - my guess based on his posting history, if the Exec Partner program was still around, he'd be one of them. The fact that Delta is making damn sure that it's taking care of its most profitable customers is a good thing from a shareholders viewpoint - you don't want those folks leaving for other pastures.
Old Aug 17, 10, 7:56 pm
Suspended

Programs: Delta skymiles DM + 1MM
Originally Posted by mersk862 View Post
But...the thing is, the OP states quite clearly that he sent in the e-mail via TTU. A TTU is a PMNW term for the email via the contact us link. Nowhere does the OP state that he e-mailed any of his special contacts - he sent it in just like any regular person would via a webform to some anonymous contact.

From there, my guess is his account is flagged where if something gets sent in, it goes to some person with some power - due to him being a high-profit customer - nothing the OP can do here other than not buy so many full fare tickets. From there, it got handled by those people who had it in front of them to address the situation.

Nowhere did the OP (other than a passing remark unrelated to the situation) mention anything about his contact.

As I mentioned above, Delta now has a new loyalty system that makes it quite easy to identify extremely high value customers. It wouldn't shock me if one of them sends in something, it goes to someone with some authority.

End of the day, the OP got the treatment he got because he's extremely profitable to Delta - my guess based on his posting history, if the Exec Partner program was still around, he'd be one of them. The fact that Delta is making damn sure that it's taking care of its most profitable customers is a good thing from a shareholders viewpoint - you don't want those folks leaving for other pastures.
I understand your point. As I pointed out earlier and for the last time in this reply, this thread is misleading. the OP should have labeled it as follows:

DL Customer Care makes things right on IDB and mishandled VDB for high valued customers. Cause it surely wouldn't have happened for most other DM's, probably all PM's, definitely all GM's and without a doubt, all FO's.

There, I said my piece on this subject.

Last edited by DL2SXM; Aug 17, 10 at 8:03 pm
Old Aug 17, 10, 9:51 pm

Programs: DL Gold Medallion, AA, UA, BA, Hhonors Gold
I find the OP's self-satisfied gamesmanship and sense of entitlement irritating. Delta employees DID go out of their way to help you and fix situations, but you were always looking for more. Yuk.
Old Aug 17, 10, 10:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, MR Gold
Jeez, this thread reminds me of this cartoon:

Search this Thread
Search Engine: