Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

How to Redeem Your SkyMiles on Virgin Australia Business Class

How to Redeem Your SkyMiles on Virgin Australia Business Class

Old Oct 21, 2010, 12:53 pm

Programs: AA EXP; DL Gold; PC Plat; SPG Gold; HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by umguy
I just tried and no luck. I went and picked flights out first that I saw had the avail. I thought I had gotten lucky. Confirmed it was for 150k. I get the confirmation, and they have charged my card 9000. I call back and have that voided, and try again. They still can't see the seats. Most of the agents don't even know who V is.
If you can find availability through Velocity (at their low, "reward" level), DL agents should be able to see it too.
Old Oct 21, 2010, 6:08 pm

I found seats at their low level, and the DL agents could see nothing.
Old Oct 24, 2010, 1:36 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Booking V Australia

First giving all the credit where it is due.
To Gleff for his incredibly informative seminar in Chicago recently and inspiring me to try booking with my Delta miles on V Australia ^
To the OP who I would have been dead on the water had a relied on the Delta folks without this valuable informative thread on how to book.

Conversation started by calling the Platinum Medallion desk with a friends elite number while they were present.Certainly they would be better trained?
I can not imagine what the non elite desks must be like at Delta

Sorry sir there is no partner called V Australia that you can redeem Sky Miles on
We have never heard of V Australia are you sure you are calling the right airline?
Now I am thinking if Gleff says he redeems for V Australia using Sky Pesos
It has to be a partner!!!
I say that I am almost certain you folks are partners.Can you call somebody?
Sure....You are right sir apparently we just became partners recently

One hour later and sharing the OPs booking tutorial I have a ticket booked for 150k.I only have 240 k total in Delta
Delta on its own metal wanted 370,000 rt in miles making it the worst value I have ever seen in all these years of being in programs Down Under.
Even first class on standard miles is less than that.
Its Good old Delta at the top of their Sky Pesos game
My Plat Medallion agent said to thank my friend(the OP) she now knows how to book partner awards
Very nice lady(she never gave up) how awful it must be to work for Delta and have such limited support/training from your company
Thrilled to have what looks like a good quality airline booked in biz in high season
Cheers
Old Dec 14, 2010, 7:27 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond Medallion
THANKS!

I just booked 2 "Z" class tickets for my parents on Virgin Australia for next October at 150,000 miles each, and it was the easiest / simplest procedure I've ever done with a Delta phone agent! The phone call lasted only 5 minutes, and we didn't have to fight on dates or anything!

I can't thank you enough for the original post in this thread! My parents are extremely happy that they'll be able to be comfortable on such a long flight!!!!
Old Dec 14, 2010, 8:20 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
anyone flown this yet? I'm debating on booking 2 tickets, just need to know what the in flight service and the seats are like
Old Jan 5, 2011, 6:24 am

When you book the 150k biz class on VA, does this include a feeder flight into LAX? Or would I have to book a separate round trip award ticket from MCI-LAX?
Old Jan 5, 2011, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Originally Posted by Astrophsx
When you book the 150k biz class on VA, does this include a feeder flight into LAX? Or would I have to book a separate round trip award ticket from MCI-LAX?
Includes feeder flight, as low as the "low" tier is available. Finding VA flights will be easy; not so easy for the domestic connections on DL.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 11:33 am

Originally Posted by Wiirachay
Includes feeder flight, as low as the "low" tier is available. Finding VA flights will be easy; not so easy for the domestic connections on DL.
I'll second that
When a more preferrable flight opened up for me recently they demanded
150 dollar change fee to make a change for a later flight even though both were in the low tier catgeory
They said the system has to rebook the whole ticket blah blah blah
Never happens on United or American as long as everything remains the same
with the lowest redemption level and routing
Old Jan 5, 2011, 12:21 pm

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
Originally Posted by Wiirachay
Oh, c'mon... we'll find them. Yet it just might be MCO-DTW-SLC-LAX with long layovers, leaving at 5am, getting in at 1am, with an overnight...
Old Jan 5, 2011, 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by sbagdon
Oh, c'mon... we'll find them. Yet it just might be MCO-DTW-SLC-LAX with long layovers, leaving at 5am, getting in at 1am, with an overnight...
Impossible
Delta has the best award seat inventory in the nation.
Any flight anytime always for a fair amount of miles
Can not get better than Delta. They need to restrict seats far more and stop being so fair to their customers
Old Jan 5, 2011, 2:25 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HH Diamond
Great thread on how to fly to Sydney and not get fleeced out of 370,00miles! Now just gotta find some tickets on V Australia.

By the way, has anyone of you guys EVER been able to snag 150K BE seats on LAX-SYD Delta metal? I just checked the calendar and there are none from now through Dec 2011..
Old Jan 5, 2011, 8:09 pm

Programs: AA, BA, Delta, SPG, Hilton
I just read OP and don't understand why people are happy to get tickets for 150k, when OP stated it could be done for 100K?
Old Jan 5, 2011, 8:32 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
Originally Posted by ellylex
I just read OP and don't understand why people are happy to get tickets for 150k, when OP stated it could be done for 100K?
150K < DL's 370K
Old Jan 7, 2011, 7:30 am

Any idea if this can be used as part of a RTW trip using miles? Specifically, I'd love to go to AKL and doing LAX-SYD-AKL through this certainly sounds more attractive than trying to go through Seoul or something else ridiculous.
Old Feb 22, 2011, 8:23 pm

Programs: DL MM, Marriott LT Titanium, AA EXP, Avis Chairmans
I got the itch for seeing NZ next year and it took a whole 10 minutes on the phone with a DL agent to book a round trip SAN-LAX-SYD trip for 150K miles. I'll make my own way to NZ. I was in Australia a few years ago and absolutely loved it to no end! Thanks OP!

The DL agent said "Oh that's an easy one to book! How can I help you?" I gave her the dates from the Velocity award calendar I searched and viola ...5 minutes later it was booked. Plus, and I was shocked at this, she tacked on the SAN-LAX feeder/return flights and the price didn't increase!

Delta wanted 240K miles for the same dates!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.