Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

New Website to launch early am 8-10-2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Website to launch early am 8-10-2010

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:48 am

Programs: DL Plat, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by akonradi
I've gotta agree with you. Realy, what's the point of investing so much into redesigning the homepage to something like this when the rest of the site is still the same?
Do you guys not understand that they are changing the rest of the site slowly.... its been stated on the blog, on the website, and in this thread multiple times. Just wait it out...
Old Aug 10, 2010, 11:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
it's still .dumb

Only the front page has been resedigned, nothing else, they still want 280K to go to EZE in J (AA.com still wants 125 for F).
Old Aug 10, 2010, 11:13 am

Location: Mokuleia Hi, Ventura Ca, and anywhere blue water moves over shallow reefs
Programs: DL Diamond, CO Platinum
Originally Posted by RealHJ
What a disaster. Truly done in the Dullta style.

No content, broken menus, big useless image on main page and now more difficult navigation requiring more clicks (e.g. no more easy instant login to see SM balance easily, now need to make a few extra clicks to force it to show), still no missing 12 award charts on site, still no improved functionality of any sorts at all, and now just one page that looks different from the rest of the (just plain awful design and devoid of any real useful information wise) site making it look (I didn't think that it was so possible) it even more unprofessional. Dullta really seems to want to shoot itself in the foot by presenting itself worse and worse, less and less professionally.

Big here. Dullta should just fire it's whole web design/UI team, as it had and still has the worst site and by far the worst UI in the industry, and start fresh from the ground up redoing everything and fixing the mess that it's current web "design" people (who will likely be unable to find a job anywhere else, having no credentials to show for themselves) have made.
You know, I'm beginning to think you really don't like Delta.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 11:13 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Gold and Current Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by turnpike17
Do you guys not understand that they are changing the rest of the site slowly.... its been stated on the blog, on the website, and in this thread multiple times. Just wait it out...
I understand this... but when I log into my SkyMiles account and get the following message:

Check back soon—we’re working to have your SkyMiles account information right at your fingertips.

it certainly seems to me that the site isn't quite ready for prime time. That said, I like the look, but just don't roll it out so piecemeal that key components are missing on day one.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 11:22 am

Programs: DL DM & 1MM, AA, BA, National Emerald
I mean seriously Delta... new "cover page" on dl.com and telling us award chart changes by Sept. or October..

Hey Delta...what are more people complaining about.. looks of dl.com or award chart??

LISTEN to your customers!!!
Old Aug 10, 2010, 11:35 am

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
Originally Posted by gatechange
I mean seriously Delta... new "cover page" on dl.com and telling us award chart changes by Sept. or October..

Hey Delta...what are more people complaining about.. looks of dl.com or award chart??

LISTEN to your customers!!!
Boring
Changes implemented all throughout summer and fall.
LISTEN to delta!!!
Old Aug 10, 2010, 11:39 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Nash_Andrew
I understand this... but when I log into my SkyMiles account and get the following message:

Check back soon—we’re working to have your SkyMiles account information right at your fingertips.

it certainly seems to me that the site isn't quite ready for prime time. That said, I like the look, but just don't roll it out so piecemeal that key components are missing on day one.
You can click your SkyMiles Balance to get back to the familiar SkyMiles detail page. I think what they mean is they'll show some more detail on that screen?

It doesn't look like any functionality is missing per se... But I agree, maybe make it more clear what they mean
Old Aug 10, 2010, 11:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by vgb2001
Boring
LISTEN to delta!!!
Wow, I don't know if I necessarily disagree with what you are saying but that final sentence in your note is pretty revealing. If you do not work for Delta then that is a very ODD thing to say out loud.

Really? "LISTEN to Delta!!!!"? Do you say that about the grocery store you go to or the Bank you use? This is pretty weird stuff.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 11:54 am

Programs: DL DM & 1MM, AA, BA, National Emerald
Boring
LISTEN to delta!!!
I do listen but I only hear an echo.. from DL people like you!!
Old Aug 10, 2010, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Wow! I can't believe it delta.com has been changes and I didn't realize know that. I can't wait to see to refresh brand new delta.com all flight itinerary, Online check-in, SkyMiles and Flight Status, too.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 12:13 pm

Programs: Delta frequent flyer Gold Medallion Status
I really do not think there is any thing wrong with the design, and I expect a first time user would find it easier than the old home page. I just require a long time to learn to navigate around a web site, and once I have learned things I like them to stay the same.

I still cannot locate any miles for any of the segments I have booked between now and December 1st, and that is 14 segments.

There does not even appear to be a space for the miles, but I hope they will add them, or I will find them in a new location soon. I rather appreciate doing things slowly. It is much easier for those of us who resist change.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 12:44 pm

Programs: Ex DL-DM. MM. TWA-Aviator Plat. HHonors-DVIP, MR-Gold. Nat-Emerald. Avis Chairmn.
I was expecting that the first thing they would fix would be some of the "tricky" inside pages that do not work. Instead, we fixed the splash page--that was not broken and was not very Tricky. Now, until the whole site is redesigned, the splash page is..well...tricky.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Boring
LISTEN to delta!!!
When I "LISTEN to delta!!!" I hear either silence or vacuous promises of change.

Along the order of "We are going to start this in the month of XXXX" with no actual commitments to when the task will be completed.

Open-ended BS aimed at appeasing the not very discriminating folks who believe (or want to believe) anything they hear.

The fact that priority would be placed on a glitzy front end, rather than repairing the dysfunctional interior of the website is ample example of the disconnect between DL Management and any real conception of customer service.

When do you expect the award calendar to be fixed?

Simple question.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 1:36 pm
Company Representative - Delta Air Lines

Programs: SkyMiles
Originally Posted by Winkdaddy
Dear SMI/Delta IT:

Can you elaborate on this phrase from the homepage?:

"We know our homepage looks quite a bit different from the rest of our site now—but don't worry, we're working on that. We'll be making more updates in the coming months to give you a better, more consistent experience throughout our site."

What added features/functions are you planning?

Are you adding functionality to the revenue booking engine? (schedule+price searches, etc?)
Thanks for the question (yours and the many others here) and for pointing this out…we’re happy to add to the conversation a bit. Basically, today’s homepage is one of several steps in an overall site revamp. With over 10,000 content pages on delta.com and the supporting technology our site interacts with, today’s new look should be seen as a start of a carefully planned process to revamp the whole site over the coming months. And yes, the site redesign will include updates to the ticket purchase and the often requested award calendar portions of the site.

As you can imagine, a redesign for a site like ours with millions of visitors is no easy task and will take time to complete. We hope you like the changes so far and will continue to look here (and the overall DL forum here) for your comments and feedback.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 1:37 pm

Programs: DL PM/1MM, BW DE (lifetime), HH DE, Marriott PE (lifetime), National Emerald Executive
Originally Posted by nogophers
To paraphrase The Who:

"Meet the new Delta.com, same as the old Delta.com"
...only worse.

Now need to click on "This isn't me" to log-in and enter the PIN to show the SM balance. How counter intuitive is that? Used to be able to do it on the same page, now an extra click introduced.

This "update" seems to be all about making it less convenient for the user and introducing more useless clicks to get to basic information.

And, of course, just adding some useless huge graphics that slow down the load time, serve no purpose, and don't load properly on a mobile device.

Delta must be picking it's web/UI design staff really from the bottom of the barrel... but even Delta could (and should) do better than this, if it has any respect for itself and wants the site not to look even more unprofessional how it did before (as it does now).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.