FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   [Consolidated] Award Ticket Upgrades Are Here! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1114282-consolidated-award-ticket-upgrades-here.html)

andymo99 Aug 8, 2010 10:46 pm

[Consolidated] Award Ticket Upgrades Are Here!

While traveling today, an agent informed me of a few upgrade changes that will roll out shortly:

1) Companion upgrades will clear at 24 hour mark (after FOs clear) rather than 12 hours.

2) GMs, PMs, and DMs will be eligible for upgrades on award (and pay with miles) tickets. This rolls out on Thursday of this week (Aug. 11).

3) PMs and DMs can be added to airport standy for SWUs that don't clear before checking in. This benefit launches "end of August."

RobOnLI Aug 8, 2010 11:32 pm

This was actually already announced and discussed in a 10+ page thread two days ago. Oddly, that thread completely disappeared. Wasn't locked, wasn't closed, just deleted.

We know there was an internal memo sent around Delta detailing those changes. There are still a lot of unknowns and SMI hinted that August 11 may not, in fact, be the date for award ticket upgrades.

I think we can expect to see some official announcement from DL on FlyerTalk and in our Inboxes when they're ready to announce these changes.

-RM

LAXHOUND Aug 9, 2010 4:02 am

Originally Posted by RobOnLI (Post 14446107)
This was actually already announced and discussed in a 10+ page thread two days ago. Oddly, that thread completely disappeared. Wasn't locked, wasn't closed, just deleted.

We know there was an internal memo sent around Delta detailing those changes. There are still a lot of unknowns and SMI hinted that August 11 may not, in fact, be the date for award ticket upgrades.

I think we can expect to see some official announcement from DL on FlyerTalk and in our Inboxes when they're ready to announce these changes.

-RM

Glad to know I wasn't the only one who noticed the entire thread mysteriously vanished...One can only speculate as to how and why?

-LAXHOUND

Winkdaddy Aug 9, 2010 5:09 am

Originally Posted by LAXHOUND (Post 14446696)
Glad to know I wasn't the only one who noticed the entire thread mysteriously vanished...One can only speculate as to how and why?

-LAXHOUND

I noticed it.

vatraveler Aug 9, 2010 5:19 am

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

What about PM companions on award tickets. No dice?

The Mileage Millionaire Aug 9, 2010 6:22 am

Originally Posted by vatraveler (Post 14446888)
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8320/4.5.0.81 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

What about FO companions on OP ups?

OHDL1 Aug 9, 2010 6:30 am

Originally Posted by RobOnLI (Post 14446107)

-RM

Would one of our esteemed moderators care to enlighten us as to why the original thread was removed?

GUWonder Aug 9, 2010 6:50 am

Originally Posted by LAXHOUND (Post 14446696)

-LAXHOUND

FT/IB responding to requests/demands from airline management and their appointed or anointed ones -- pressured one way or another, whether admitted or not -- to remove "company" information has happened on FT before? It wouldn't be the first time, nor is it the last time. In that case, the thread-starting OP deleted their post and replaced the contents with: "Mod please close this thread." Perhaps the claimed rationale this time will be that the information is no longer current/accurate/applicable.

The information is still available in the caches of various sites, including Google search cache. I'd like to see how a DL demand that Google remove all of that information too would go over there. ;)

Either way, August 11th was the date mentioned and DL management had their fingers on that thread.

StayingHomeIsBetter Aug 9, 2010 7:55 am

In before the deletion.:rolleyes:

rylan Aug 9, 2010 7:58 am

Originally Posted by andymo99 (Post 14445986)
3) PMs and DMs can be added to airport standy for SWUs that don't clear before checking in. This benefit launches "end of August."

I thought that is already in there since people have been doing that if their SWU doesn't clear. Isn't that the whole point for same day SWU usage? It even says in the swu t&c that you have to request to be put on the airport standby list if it doesn't clear ahead of time.

DeltaFirst Aug 9, 2010 9:28 am

IME this is already in place, copied from the back of the SWU. What's new about this?

"Airport Standby: If an upgrade for the Medallion member and companion (if applicable) is not confirmed from the reservation waitlist at least three hours prior to departure, then the Medallion member and companion may request to be placed on the Airport Standby List, provided that request is made no less than 60 minutes prior to flight departure. Passengers on the Airport Standby List will be accommodated according to Delta's priority rules, which Delta reserves the right to change at any time. Airport standby on KLM operated flights is handled at the discretion of KLM and is not guaranteed".

gt8059a Aug 9, 2010 9:35 am

[QUOTE=andymo99;14445986]
2) GMs, PMs, and DMs will be eligible for upgrades on award (and pay with miles) tickets. This rolls out on Thursday of this week (Aug. 11).

Let's hope 8/11 is the date. I'm flying 8/14 on 2 PWM tickets and first/business is completely open for both legs...

RobOnLI Aug 9, 2010 9:56 am

Originally Posted by vatraveler (Post 14446888)

Nope. According to the rules posted a few days ago (see note below) there are no companion upgrades on award tickets.

[QUOTE=gt8059a;14448123]

Let's hope 8/11 is the date. I'm flying 8/14 on 2 PWM tickets and first/business is completely open for both legs...

According to the rules posted a few days ago (see note below), tickets already booked prior to the roll out of award ticket upgrades will not be eligible for upgrades.

Note: the rules are possibly being changed which is why DL asked that the original thread be closed becuase it was causing too much speculation. My replies deal with the info we had a few days ago.

StayingHomeIsBetter Aug 9, 2010 10:02 am

Originally Posted by RobOnLI (Post 14448264)
Note: the rules are possibly being changed which is why DL asked that the original thread be closed becuase it was causing too much speculation. My replies deal with the info we had a few days ago.

Had DL management implemented this when they originally said the would, there would be no need for speculation.:rolleyes:

andymo99 Aug 9, 2010 10:17 am

Sorry all. As noted, I was traveling yesterday when I learned of this, and hadn't been diligent on FT the few days prior. So a quick search didn't yield anything and I thought I was breaking news.

Weird and interesting mystery on the thread that was referenced.