Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

[Consolidated] Award Ticket Upgrades Are Here!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Consolidated] Award Ticket Upgrades Are Here!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2010, 4:17 pm

Programs: Delta DM, MM; Hilton Diamond
GA in Phoenix showed me a memo that came out today starting upgrades on the 11th. Diamonds & Plats clear on 5 day window & Gold on 3 day.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 4:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Gold (1MM), Marriott LTT
Great news, PeteMSP. BTW, welcome to FlyerTalk!

Now I wonder if Delta.com will be updated tonight or tomorrow to add an "Upgrade Status" column to award ticket reservations showing requested/not eligible/confirmed status. How else will we know if the award tickets we have are eligible?

I also wish Delta would comment officially on whether tickets booked before August 11 will be eligible for upgrades. The FAQ about this initially implied that tickets booked on or after August 11 only would be eligible.

-RM

Last edited by RobOnLI; Aug 10, 2010 at 4:50 pm
Old Aug 10, 2010, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by SeaClay007
I have only booked awards in Y for my family of four once (for next spring) and the companion upgrade wouldn't apply anyway. So it's not really a benefit for me even though the possibility of an upgrade might affect my choice between F and Y awards when flying solo or with the Mrs.

I think I'd rather have revenue pax upgrade before award pax. I think I'd be pretty POed as a PM/GM/FO if someone on an award ticket was upgraded and I miss out even though I might be on an expensive coach fare.
Agreed.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 5:14 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by PeteMSP
GA in Phoenix showed me a memo that came out today starting upgrades on the 11th. Diamonds & Plats clear on 5 day window & Gold on 3 day.
Awesome. There go upgrades for FO...

At least we get free bags...and a line to check it in at some airports...
Old Aug 10, 2010, 9:49 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, Southwest A-List
Well, we're 11 minutes away from it being the 11th in the east coast. Any idea when this will be announced along with details?
Old Aug 10, 2010, 10:09 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by pokeable
Awesome. There go upgrades for FO...

At least we get free bags...and a line to check it in at some airports...
for now....
Old Aug 10, 2010, 11:44 pm

Programs: DELTA
Talking SWEET! Award Upgrades for DM, PM & GM are HERE!!!

To the OP: Thank you, thank you, thank you... THANK YOU for posting this thread!

This is SO Sweet! Having read this post last night, I have been checking my award PNR for Monday night (SEA-MSP) to see if a "Request Uprade" option shows up. I just checked 5 minutes ago and it was THERE! ^ Whoop! Whoop! Needless to say, I said -- YES! ^^^

-A

Last edited by Poopdeck90210; Aug 10, 2010 at 11:52 pm
Old Aug 10, 2010, 11:53 pm

Originally Posted by Poopdeck90210
To the OP: Thank you, thank you, thank you... THANK YOU for posting this thread!

This is SO Sweet! Having read this post last night, I have been checking my award PNR for Monday night (SEA-MSP) to see if a "Request Uprade" option shows up. I just checked 5 minutes ago and it was THERE! ^ Whoop! Whoop! Needless to say, I said -- YES! ^^^

-A
I must say this post was HILARIOUS!
Old Aug 11, 2010, 12:04 am

Red face I Need to "Curb My Enthusiasm" I Guess

Originally Posted by Juanefny
I must say this post was HILARIOUS!
<BLUSH!> I guess I need to curb my enthusiasm a bit. For various reasons, I had been "riding in the back" for my last 3 flights. I had resided myself that my flight home on Monday night was going to be the same and so this was a very welcome and pleasant surprise!

-A
Old Aug 11, 2010, 12:06 am

Programs: DL PM, CO GE, AA Plat, Hyatt Pla, HH Gold, Hertz PC

-A
Yep. I can see the "request only" with check-box on my Dec 5th itinerary for MSP to AUS award ticket.

Last edited by mgcho; Aug 11, 2010 at 12:07 am Reason: add date
Old Aug 11, 2010, 12:07 am

<BLUSH!> I guess I need to curb my enthusiasm a bit. For various reasons, I had been "riding in the back" for my last 3 flights. I had resided myself that my flight home on Monday night was going to be the same and so this was a very welcome and pleasant surprise!

-A
Poop,
I'm excited too! Now the confirmation I'm waiting to hear is whether upgrades will clear five days before the flight or one day before the flight... that makes a HUGE difference.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 12:12 am

Question Is It A 5 Day UG Window or a 1 Day UG Window

Originally Posted by Juanefny
Poop,
I'm excited too! Now the confirmation I'm waiting to hear is whether upgrades will clear five days before the flight or one day before the flight... that makes a HUGE difference.
LOL! You must be a mind reader. Coming in as a legacy WP PE, I can tell you that the way the WP PE award upgrades worked was one day before for PE's (to your point). Any who -- I am curious as well. I'm going to call the PE line tomorrow and try to garnish some more information. I called today and the PE agent I talked to told me that she had had one other call about the Award UG roll-out but that she had no official information. She put me on hold for about 10 mins and could not get anything from her upline management either. I just checked the DL website for Skymiles Program announcements and they still have the "it's now September" info out there.

Stay tuned... I'll let everyone know if I get upgraded at the 5 day window which will be tomorrow.

Ciao!

-A

P.S. You can call me Alan if you want.
Old Aug 11, 2010, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you, Delta!!!

I, too, was checking my itineraries tonight and just now have noticed that the "Request Only" with a checkbox has appeared next to my flights in both award tickets.

The even cooler part is that one of my itineraries had a schedule change that I hadn't accepted yet. The flight upgrade status showed "Not Eligible". As soon as I accepted the schedule change I was able to select that flight for an upgrade and submit it. Now all flights are showing "Requested".

Great work Delta IT on this one. Very nice. ^

Now we just need confirmation that award ticket upgrades are processed at the 5 day mark for DM/PM and the 3 day mark for GM as the internal memo said. Both of my award tickets aren't until October.

I suppose someone could book an award ticket now for say 8/15 and see if upgrades come through -- then cancel the award ticket for free.

-RM
Old Aug 11, 2010, 1:13 am

Talking DL Exceeding NW WP Benefits

This means that DL is actually going to EXCEED what we had as WP PE's with NW! ^

SWEET!!!

-A
Old Aug 11, 2010, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Stay tuned... I'll let everyone know if I get upgraded at the 5 day window which will be tomorrow.
Alan, bad news for you probably. All of the SEA-MSP flights for 8/16 are zeroed out for ugprades except the 1255a, 225p, 340p or 625p. If you aren't on one of these flights then you won't get an upgrade right now.

Also, I would think that once you clicked the Request button you would have been almost immediately upgraded if 'V' was greater than zero and in fact DM/PM get award ticket upgrades at the 5 day mark (because EUA's for flights on Monday were processed already). Then again, if you're on one of the morning flights that is already zeroed out you won't get the upgrade right now.

-RM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.