Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Any way to find out which aircraft are on a route?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2010, 3:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP

So, I'm considering a mini Mile Run on the LGA-ORD shuttle near the end of August. I can cram in two RTs before I run out of time. The connections in each airport are tight, so I was wondering if they had planned the same aircraft for the returns.

If so, that would greatly ease my nerves - a minor delay here or there wouldn't wreck my MR. Otherwise, I may just spread it out over two weekends, but if I could do it all in one day, it would lessen the impact on my schedule.

Is there a way to find the a/c for the flights? I've looked on DL.com, FlightAware, and FlightWise.com and it doesn't say. All just list the type and tail number.
Old Jul 30, 2010, 7:59 pm

Programs: DL-Kryptonium (DM+); HH-Diamond, SPG-Gold
Ummmm...

Isn't the tail number aircraft specific? If so, seems that if the tail numbers are the same for the outbound and the return, then it's the same aircraft.

Not trying to be sarcastic by any means and that's my understanding.

AND, if the plane is late, you can catch the next departure, albeit with a bit of a delay and assuming it's not the last one out (and I suspect, they'd put you on something else).

Last edited by Crackerpup; Jul 30, 2010 at 8:17 pm
Old Jul 30, 2010, 8:11 pm

Programs: DL PM MM, Marriott Plat
FlightCaster

BobRoss:
There is a cool website at www.flightcaster.com.

It will show you 6 hours prior to your flight where the inbound aircraft is coming from. It makes it real easy to see what/where your "inbound" flight will be arriving from. Sometimes you will know ahead of time if your outbound flight will be delayed based upon the inbound arrival. There are apps for the Blackberry and the Iphone. I wish they would make an Android version. But you can check online if you can connect to the airport WiFi.

Hope this helps!
Steve
Old Jul 30, 2010, 10:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by Crackerpup
Isn't the tail number aircraft specific? If so, seems that if the tail numbers are the same for the outbound and the return, then it's the same aircraft.

Not trying to be sarcastic by any means and that's my understanding.

AND, if the plane is late, you can catch the next departure, albeit with a bit of a delay and assuming it's not the last one out (and I suspect, they'd put you on something else).
Yes, the tail number would be unique. What I think I meant to say was it lists the type, not the tail #. If it listed the tail, that would be perfect

Steve, thanks for that site. I'll give it a try. So many websites that do almost the same thing, yet lack this piece of the puzzle.

Thanks again everyone !!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.