Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge Access Question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2010, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Lounge Access Question

I have a 30 day Delta lounge membership and I am traveling TATL to AMS via ORD on United. I have about a 4 hour layover in ORD.

Can I get access to the Air France lounge at ORD with a 30 day Delta club membership and a Star Alliance boarding pass?

The website is kind of unclear on this.

Thanks in advance
Old Jul 23, 2010, 8:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat, DL G, Marriott Gold
As far as I know, the 30 day pass has the same benefits as the full membership. I gave one of those to my dad once and he never had any problems anywhere.

That being said, AF handling of SC is a different story... I've seen people being denied access to their lounges when they were ok, and I've seen people getting in when they shouldn't... so IMHO it's a hit and miss.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 9:04 am

Programs: DL PM, WN, SC, various other programs of lowly status
If you go here https://www.delta.com/traveling_chec...ions/index.jsp
and select 30 day Delta Sky Club Member from the pull down menu, it will show you which clubs you have access to.

According to the list, at ORD you can access both the E4 Delta and the Air France lounges.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Upon further research, it appears as if I can access the Air France lounge, but the computer print out of my 30 day membership cannot be used there. I have to get a temporary card at the Delta lounge and then use it at the Air France lounge in ORD and KLM lounge in AMS.

The computer print out is only accepted at Delta clubs - strange
Old Jul 23, 2010, 10:02 am

Programs: Flying Nut
Probably the printout wont work as AF and KLM cant verify through system like DL can which means documents could be forged. Not saying you would but others might. One aspect that I like about the SkyTeam lounge access is that members can access lounges when flying non-member airlines.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 10:24 am

Programs: Delta PM, 1MM
I was able to use an AF lounge in CDG with a printout of my SkyMiles account page showing my PM/ST Elite Plus status. I had just reached Platinum a week before and therefore didn't yet have a card. However, I did have a ticket for an AF flight, which probably listed my status.
Old Jul 23, 2010, 12:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by dwsnc
Upon further research, it appears as if I can access the Air France lounge, but the computer print out of my 30 day membership cannot be used there. I have to get a temporary card at the Delta lounge and then use it at the Air France lounge in ORD and KLM lounge in AMS.

The computer print out is only accepted at Delta clubs - strange
Be sure to note which KLM lounge in AMS honors your membership. One club is near the long-haul KLM/DL gates and the other serves the KLM schengen gates (i.e., for flights within the EU). Documents such as boarding passes are required to cross between the two areas of the airport. I can't recall where the UA gates are.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.