Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyClub "Light" is being considered for smaller focus cities. What's most important?

SkyClub "Light" is being considered for smaller focus cities. What's most important?

Old Mar 23, 11, 9:27 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by IkarosBOS View Post
dont know about >10 yrs ago, but NW used to have a LAS club before security (its still there, although not a club anymore) operated by the airport w/ a few more airlines. I rarely found it full at any hour, it was about 7-8 years ago.
Now I fly to LAS every 2-3 wks and it is miserable without a SC
The CO PC is so convenient to the DL gates and is rarely crowded. IT is a must do on my visits to LAS.
Old Mar 23, 11, 9:41 am

Programs: Whatever's Cheapest, Accruing Miles, Redeeming for Premium Cabins, Not Chasing Status Unnecessarily
Needs:

Booze/Soft drinks
Internet
Power ports
Restroom

Wants:
Agent
Shower
Snacks
Old Mar 23, 11, 9:43 am

Programs: DL DM 2 MM AA PLAT HH Lifetime Diamond Marriott Plat AMB lifetime titanium Hertz PC
Originally Posted by IkarosBOS View Post
dont know about >10 yrs ago, but NW used to have a LAS club before security (its still there, although not a club anymore) operated by the airport w/ a few more airlines. I rarely found it full at any hour, it was about 7-8 years ago.
Now I fly to LAS every 2-3 wks and it is miserable without a SC
IT was not a NW club but a AS club. NW was allowed into the club.
Old Mar 23, 11, 11:56 am

Originally Posted by james318 View Post
An agent and free booze and internet. Don't even need a TV or newspapers.
+1
Old Mar 23, 11, 12:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Formaldehyde Medallion DL DieMiles
Originally Posted by dnkywhisperer View Post
PHL could use a SC lite while we continue to wait for the SC to open
The US Air club is the SC lite in the mean time Had DL decided to put a SC lite in PHL in the interim, that is all we would ever have been given.
Old Mar 23, 11, 3:46 pm

Programs: DL 4MM; DM
Yes, there was a Sky Club in LAS. It closed when Delta moved to the D terminal. That will be 12 years ago this summer.
Old Mar 23, 11, 6:10 pm

Programs: Delta, HH Diamond, Marriott, AA Gold
Originally Posted by harrisjm72 View Post
+1
That is the minimum.
Old Mar 23, 11, 8:10 pm

Programs: - DL DM, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
It's an interesting concept, as there is a need for something like that in a number of cities where DL has a substantial schedule. I do wonder how they would "lighten" the current product to reduce its cost but still retain some value. The existing SCs aren't exactly lavish.
Old Mar 23, 11, 11:13 pm

Programs: Delta PM/2.9 MM; Hertz PC; National Executive Elite; Amtrak Guest Rewards; Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by SamuelS View Post
I vaguely recall seeing some lounges in the UK that have a 3 hour stipulation. Perhaps the easiest way to position this would be to only allow folks into the lounge within 3 hours of their posted boarding or departure time on their BP "to avoid congestion".
At most airports in the UK, there are lounges where you can pay for admission at the door (or you can pre-book admission to them). I want to say that Servisair and Menzies are two of the operators of these lounges. I was in the Bristol (BRS) airport a few years ago, and even an airport as small as this one (and it is a very nice airport) had two airport lounges, one operated by BA, the other one by Servisair (I was on CO and got to use that lounge gratis).

Hanging out with soccer crowds as I do when I visit the UK, I can understand fully the time limits.
Old Apr 27, 11, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL GM & CRC
Ft. Myers Please

If Jacksonville and West Palm Beach can support a regular SkyClub, surely RSW warrants at least a light version.

"The traffic leader in March was Delta with 225,435 passengers traveling to and from Fort Myers." http://www.flylcpa.com/uploads/newsfiles/file191.pdf

Search this Thread
Search Engine: