Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

SkyPriority drink coupon + INTL->DOM connection

Old Jul 15, 10, 10:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd

I just checked in for DL4->DL263 (LHR-JFK-SFO), all segments currently booked in K class. I didn't get the SkyPriority free drink coupon - all I got was some "Half price 2nd spa service" for a second service at half price when I purchased any full price service at XpressSpa at JFK (like I am going to do that on a 2h intl connection).

Where is the free drink coupon?
Old Jul 15, 10, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
A free drink included with a K fare?

I don't see anything on the website about it.

http://www.delta.com/traveling_check...rity/index.jsp
Old Jul 15, 10, 12:23 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ifette View Post
I just checked in for DL4->DL263 (LHR-JFK-SFO), all segments currently booked in K class. I didn't get the SkyPriority free drink coupon - all I got was some "Half price 2nd spa service" for a second service at half price when I purchased any full price service at XpressSpa at JFK (like I am going to do that on a 2h intl connection).

Where is the free drink coupon?
DL has been replacing the "free drink/snack" coupons with ones from vendors. Most of the vendor ones are worthless. I was fortunate enough to get a free drink/snack coupon for my flight tomorrow.
Old Jul 15, 10, 12:33 pm

Programs: AA ExpMM, DL 2MM, IHG Spire/RA
Originally Posted by GBadger View Post
DL has been replacing the "free drink/snack" coupons with ones from vendors. Most of the vendor ones are worthless. I was fortunate enough to get a free drink/snack coupon for my flight tomorrow.
I've never gotten one, but then I haven't flown in coach this year either.
Old Jul 15, 10, 12:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL, AA, AS, HHonors, SPG, Kimpton, Hyatt, IC PC, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PMMMDL View Post
I've never gotten one, but then I haven't flown in coach this year either.
They're part of SkyPriority. If not upgraded, and a SkyPriority customer, you are supposed to get a coupon during OLCI. The "Have one on us" coupons allow for 1 free snack or beverage. The vendor coupons are generally less useful.
Old Jul 15, 10, 2:42 pm

Programs: Former PM now a kettle :(
Originally Posted by GBadger View Post
They're part of SkyPriority. If not upgraded, and a SkyPriority customer, you are supposed to get a coupon during OLCI. The "Have one on us" coupons allow for 1 free snack or beverage. The vendor coupons are generally less useful.
I thought that was for domestic only?
Old Jul 15, 10, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by milesk View Post
Yes, it is...
I'm missing your point.
Old Jul 15, 10, 3:40 pm

Programs: UA 1K (1MM), DL Silver (1MM), Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by milesk View Post
The OP has a JFK-SFO connection in the back-of-the-bus so they are eligible for the coupon.

-RM
Old Jul 15, 10, 4:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
Originally Posted by RobOnLI View Post
The OP has a JFK-SFO connection in the back-of-the-bus so they are eligible for the coupon.

-RM
First time I've seen any of these vendor coupons. Big - what is the value here? I'm never going to use one of these things, and it feels like some generic marketing thing, not anything of value that DL is giving me. (Am I actually supposed to believe that DL is paying the vendor anything for these coupons? It's just like all the other crap they used to print on the boarding passes.)

Bring back the free drink coupons.
Old Jul 15, 10, 4:43 pm

Programs: DL DM; SPG Gold
If try several times to print your BP, is the same coupon showing over and over or do different coupons show randomly?
Old Jul 15, 10, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by ifette View Post
Am I actually supposed to believe that DL is paying the vendor anything for these coupons?
I think that it's more likely the opposite (the vendor paying DL for the ability to put their coupons on their BPs).
Old Jul 15, 10, 4:55 pm

Programs: DL Plat, YX Miles Exec, CO Plat, HH Gold
Originally Posted by vgb2001 View Post
If try several times to print your BP, is the same coupon showing over and over or do different coupons show randomly?
Same coupon serialized/barcoded shows over and over again. I've never seen the FA actually look at the serial number, but if you tried to redeeem the same coupon multiple times (there's also a fixed date range on the coupon) Delta would probably catch it when they reconcile the flight's sales and I bet a nasty note would be coming your way

I've flown coach 4 times this year. Got the coupon each time, although it's been one coupon for the entire trip out, and one coupon for the entire trip back, regardless of the number of segments/flights involved. I wonder if because OP originated in LHR, he didn't get the 'domestic' drink coupon.
Old Jul 16, 10, 2:56 am

Location: Happily living in Frenaros Cyprus having escaped the near-death experience called Sofia Bulgaria
Programs: Etihad Guest Gold, DL FO and 1MM, and a bunch of others at a low level
Instead of being a useful option for a customer, these coupons appear to have become a promotional or marketing item for the airport concessions. What good is a "Half-price 2nd spa service" when you are travelling alone?
Old Jul 16, 10, 5:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The free drink coupon is nice (I used it) but forget about a 1/2 off spa, a shoeshine for $5 or the other marketing crap. That crap stuff is worthless to me and chews up my toner cost budget.

MisterNice
Old Jul 16, 10, 4:11 pm

Very tacky of DL to start giving out these coupons and now sometimes not provide them---I was just on a 4 hour domestic flight in coach as a DM, and the coupon didn't print for me. For comparison's sake, AA gives their Exec Plats that are stuck in coach a drink and food item, no coupon required....THAT sounds like 'Best in Class' to me....

Search this Thread
Search Engine: