Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

Question for CGD experts about Air France "operated" by Delta...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2010, 10:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; UA; Delta; SW; Hilton

Hi there,
I'm not sure if I'm posting on the right board, but hopefully someone can help me.
My question is actually for those CDG airport experts regarding the best way to deal with a connecting flight at CDG. I have tickets booked on Air France (operated by Delta) - flying PHL to CDG (then a connection to Italy) via Air France (operated by Brit Airways). Is there any way to find out in advance: When we arrive at CDG, do we look for / go to Air France or Brit Airways to get this connecting flight? Does anyone have any advice to share? Everytime I connect through CDG, I've had a problem, missed flight, etc. Just trying to avoid problems in advance, if possible.
Thanks in advance!!
Old Jul 12, 2010, 10:33 pm

Programs: AA ExecP
Originally Posted by coffeefrappe
Hi there,
I'm not sure if I'm posting on the right board, but hopefully someone can help me.
My question is actually for those CDG airport experts regarding the best way to deal with a connecting flight at CDG. I have tickets booked on Air France (operated by Delta) - flying PHL to CDG (then a connection to Italy) via Air France (operated by Brit Airways). Is there any way to find out in advance: When we arrive at CDG, do we look for / go to Air France or Brit Airways to get this connecting flight? Does anyone have any advice to share? Everytime I connect through CDG, I've had a problem, missed flight, etc. Just trying to avoid problems in advance, if possible.
Thanks in advance!!
Proceed to the checkin counter for the operating carrier. Your passport should be enough information for them to pull your reservation and tickets. Enjoy!
Old Jul 12, 2010, 11:08 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
Such a shame that AF 365 and 366 were pulled from PHL in favor of that stupid 757 flight on DL.

Going from an A330/340 to a 757 is, to quote a famous ex-Philadelphia athlete, "turrible".
Old Jul 13, 2010, 12:09 am

Programs: DL DM, former NW PE
The AF website has a detailed section on connections at CDG. Go to the "At the Airport" tab on the homepage, then select "Connections at Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport". Then select "Display the transfer routes between the various terminals". Plug in Philadelphia and your city in Italy.

AF schedules flights into terminals based on the city -- same city into the same terminal (barring IROPS). So the connections stay the same day in, day out (in theory).
Old Jul 13, 2010, 1:48 am

Programs: LH SEN, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Also, if you need your boarding pass or have any other questions, check with Air France staff. The relationship between Brit Airways and Air France is similar to Pinnacle or other Delta Connection carriers to Delta.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 2:59 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM), France and TravelBuzz!

Location: Paris, France, AF F+ Rouge pour toujours, Flying Blue whatever, LH FTL, HHonors Gold, formerly proud SCC Executive, now IC Ambassador, BA down to nobody, Grand Voyageur Le Club
Originally Posted by coffeefrappe
Hi there,
Thanks in advance!!
Brit Air is a wholly owned subsidiary of Air France. There is absolutely no difference at CDG berween Air France and Brit Air services, so you should just go to whatever Air France counter or facility that is relevant to your need.

Last edited by JOUY31; Jul 13, 2010 at 4:10 am
Old Jul 13, 2010, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; UA; Delta; SW; Hilton
Smile Thanks - you are super-helpful

Hi guys (and girls) - THANK YOU! I appreciate your knowledge and fast responses. I'll have my parents with me on this trip, so anything I can do in advance to make our connection easier is great. Thanks also for the tip about the AF website. I should have looked at that first, so thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
Old Jul 13, 2010, 4:30 pm

Programs: DL (NW) Silver, UA (CO), AA, AC
Would you not be able to check in for both flights and obtain bording passes at PHL? If so, and with any bags checked through, could you not go straight (after security, etc) to the gate of the Italy flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.