Miles for Direct Flight

Old Jul 1, 10, 7:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanum, Hilton Diamond
Miles for Direct Flight

Hoping someone may have the "magic words" to say to DL to get these miles credited..

Flew on DL1895 (BDL-MSY) on 6/6. It is not actually a nonstop to MSY, but stops in ATL and changes aircraft from an M88 to 738. Since I was on the through flight to MSY, I could not be upgraded at the GM window since there was only V availability from BDL-ATL. Fortunately, there was 1 seat available at the gate (6 in V at the 3 day window). ATL-MSY was sold out in 1st weeks before.

In looking at my SkyMiles account now, I noticed that the mileage credited to my account was only 859 miles, which is the standard BDL-ATL amount. I have not received any credit for the ATL-MSY portion of the flight . The credit also says "Air Activity Delta Flight 1895 from Hartford, CT to Atlanta, GA". While I know that I should not get the additional 500 miles for a standard segment since I was on the "direct" flight, there should be some additional RDM and MQM for a "Hartford, CT to New Orleans, LA" segment (not sure what that # is, but it is has to be something). I believe when the GA in BDL processed my upgrade, something got changed in the PNR which caused the miles to not credit properly.

Long story short, I have written to DL via e-mail twice about the issue and spoken with someone on the phone. DL via e-mail says that I have been credited the correct number of miles, the phone rep says that it is incorrect, but had no idea how to fix it.

Any advice on what to say? I know it is only a few miles and I am ready to throw in the towel for such a small # of MQMs, but it just seems ridiculous. Being in IT, it is clear that their systems cannot properly handle "direct flights." Essentially, they will sell these flights to you, but once it is ticketed, forget it. Between no upgrades at the window, inability to assign seats and the system not being able to handle mile credits properly, I will never take "direct" flights again. DL IT really needs to look into problem.
Old Jul 1, 10, 8:40 am

Programs: DL 0.22 MM, AA 0.34 MM, PC Plat Amb, Hertz #1 GC 5*
If it's one flight number, it's direct, no matter the number of stops (0/1/2/etc). You get the direct mileage. There's no magic words.
Old Jul 1, 10, 8:55 am

Programs: DL PM 1MM
According to http://www.webflyer.com/travel/mileage_calculator/, BDL-MSY should have been about 1280 miles (plus or minus a couple of miles - this calculator has been pretty accurate for me, but not exactly the same as Delta's).

Sounds to me like your partial upgrade must have somehow goofed up the mileage credit. They certainly owe you a few more miles than you've been credited so far.

Keep working with them until this gets fixed.
Old Jul 1, 10, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExPlat, Marriott Titanum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sbagdon View Post
If it's one flight number, it's direct, no matter the number of stops (0/1/2/etc). You get the direct mileage. There's no magic words.
That's what I thought, but both reps via e-mail insist that the 859 miles is the proper # for a BDL-MSY direct flight.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: