Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Double/Triple SkyMiles with AmEx

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2010, 4:33 pm

Programs: DL Silver Medallion, UA, Chase UR, AMEX MR
Smile

My DL Gold AMEX is approaching its first anniversary. If I cancel it (as I do not way to pay annual fee), will I still get the bounce back miles?? I spent ~$12k during the promotion period on this card and also redeemed 40k miles for a domestic award ticket...
Old Oct 29, 2010, 4:35 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Interesting question. I guess not, but remember you can wait until you get your annual fee charged and until that due date to cancel and get the fee back. I suspect by then you'll have your miles.
Old Oct 31, 2010, 5:10 pm

Programs: NW/DL Plat->Gold->Silver, AA EXP 1MM
My DL Gold AMEX is approaching its first anniversary. If I cancel it (as I do not way to pay annual fee), will I still get the bounce back miles?? I spent ~$12k during the promotion period on this card and also redeemed 40k miles for a domestic award ticket...

Originally Posted by daveland
Interesting question. I guess not, but remember you can wait until you get your annual fee charged and until that due date to cancel and get the fee back. I suspect by then you'll have your miles.

Why not? Did I miss that in T&C? I looked carefully for it, knowing Delta
Old Nov 6, 2010, 3:26 pm

posting

anyone seen this post yet?
Old Nov 6, 2010, 5:00 pm
formerly known as daveland

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Delta Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by NWAOldtimer

Why not? Did I miss that in T&C? I looked carefully for it, knowing Delta
Call Amex and ask the policy. It's Amex charging the annual fee, not Delta, and it's their rules...
Old Nov 6, 2010, 6:41 pm

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
Originally Posted by mille1j

not yet.

6-8 weeks, or something like that, right?
Old Nov 7, 2010, 12:55 pm

waiting

hopefully soon.

just got the reserve card during that time, and managed to hit my 30k spend during the promotion.
Old Nov 8, 2010, 8:18 am
ck8

Programs: Delta SkyMiles GM/United Mileage Plus/Hilton Honors
My statement just cut on Friday and no bonus miles yet. Guessing November?
Old Nov 8, 2010, 8:52 am

Programs: Delta Reserve - PM
Originally Posted by mille1j
Not really sure about this, but it would seem that mileage posting would vary based on when your statement ends. For instance, my statement that includes the last half of October (in the promotion) doesn't end until Nov 14th. I wouldn't expect to see bonus miles until that statement cuts. I'm anxious to see what counts as "eligible purchases". Hopefully it's not capped at 20K miles.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 8:42 am

Programs: NW PE, HH Gold, SPG Gold
didn't this promo end 9/30? so, everyone's Sept purchases were included in statements closing be end of October... surprised these bonus miles have not yet posted...
Old Nov 11, 2010, 9:46 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
Originally Posted by ct203flyer
didn't this promo end 9/30? so, everyone's Sept purchases were included in statements closing be end of October... surprised these bonus miles have not yet posted...
LOL, I'm not surprised. I'll be thrilled if they post at all without my having to call first.
Old Nov 11, 2010, 9:53 am

Location: MSP (Mahtomedi, MN, USA) - Delta hub captive, Marriott Gold, US Mint Silver, CVS Red
Programs: "We've been starving, and sitting on a ham sandwich the whole time."
Smile

6 to 8 weeks people.

Sep 30 + 6 weeks ~ Nov 11.
Sep 30 + 8 weeks ~ Nov 25.

Be patient.

Terms and Conditions:

Double miles offer is valid from 07/01/10 to 09/30/10 ("Promotion Period"). Enrollment and qualification for this offer requires a minimum redemption of 10,000 miles through one or a combination of Delta channels from the Primary Cardmember's SkyMiles® account during the Promotion Period. The double miles offer will be applied to the total number of dollars of eligible spend during the Promotion Period. Balance transfers, Express Cash, Cash Advances, U.S. Savings Bonds transactions, American Express® Travelers Cheques and Gift Cheques are not eligible. Please allow 6-8 weeks after the Promotion Period for the bonus miles to be posted to your SkyMiles account. Triple miles offer applies to qualifying Delta, Delta Connection carrier, and Delta Shuttle® flights taken with the purchase of a fare that is eligible for SkyMiles mileage credit. Offer applies to Delta Vacations® packages but not other all-inclusive packages. Bonus miles will post to Primary Cardmember's SkyMiles account. Offer open only to new and existing Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmembers from American Express. To be eligible to earn double miles, Cardmember's account must be active and not in default at time of bonus fulfillment. Taxes and fees for Award Travel are the responsibility of the passenger and must be paid at the time the ticket is booked. Award Travel seats are limited and may not be available on all flights or in all markets. Pay with Miles program is limited to Gold and Platinum Delta SkyMiles and Delta Reserve Credit Cardmembers, as well as to Gold and Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Cardmembers and Delta Reserve for Business Credit Cardmembers. New Cardmembers and Cardmembers upgrading from another Delta SkyMiles Credit Card product with a U.S. point of sale address in their SkyMiles account are eligible to use Pay with Miles upon receipt of their new Card. Eligible only on Delta and Delta Connection® carrier flights booked at delta.com under the DL code. Flight will be marked as Pay with Miles eligible. Minimum 10,000 miles for redemption. Pay with Miles tickets are not eligible for mileage accrual, Medallion ® Complimentary Upgrades, Medallion Segment Qualification, Medallion Qualification Miles, or Best Fare Guarantee. Refundable fares paid for fully or partially with miles will be refunded in accordance with the Pay with Miles terms and conditions. Redemption requirements may differ based on fare. For terms, conditions, and restrictions, visit delta.com/paywithmiles. All redemption offers and awards are subject to change and to the terms and conditions of each individual merchant. Promotion is void if qualifying mileage redemption is re-deposited into SkyMiles account. This offer may not be combined with other offers. Offer subject to change without notice. Other restrictions may apply. All SkyMiles program rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/memberguide.

1. Basic Cardmembers (not Additional Cardmembers) with the Gold Delta SkyMiles Credit Card, Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card, Delta Reserve Credit Card, Gold Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card, Platinum Delta SkyMiles Business Credit Card and Delta Reserve for Business Credit Card are eligible to receive the first checked bag fee waiver on Delta and Delta Connection carrier tickets. Waiver is only of normal first checked bag fee for a bag that is not overweight and not oversize under Delta's applicable rules. Additional checked bags will be subject to the applicable baggage fees as outlined by Delta's rules and the purchased fare. The first checked bag fee waiver will be applied to all passengers traveling in the reservation containing the Basic Cardmember's SkyMiles number (up to nine waivers). If more than nine passengers are within the same reservation the waiver will only be applied to eligible passengers. The first checked bag fee waiver will only be applied on flight segments which originate on a Delta or Delta connection carrier operated flight. Codeshare flights are not eligible. New Cardmembers and Cardmembers upgrading from another Delta SkyMiles Credit Card product will be eligible for the checked baggage fee waiver benefit after receiving their card from American Express. Offer terms and conditions subject to change. Additional restrictions may apply. See MyCardCan.com for details.

2. Sky Club Reduced Rate benefit is limited to Gold and Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Cardmembers and may be used only in conjunction with same-day ticketed air travel on any airline. Payment must be made with a Gold or Platinum Delta SkyMiles® Credit Card. Cardmember must be at least 21 years of age to access Clubs with a self-service bar, unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who is also accessing the club with a $25 pay-as-you-go pass or who is a Club member. Please drink responsibly. Up to two guests are permitted upon payment of $25 per guest. Partner lounges are not included. Amenities may vary among airport club locations. Offers and rules subject to change. Additional restrictions may apply. All Delta Sky Club rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/skyclub.

3. The Delta Reserve Cardmember must be traveling on a Delta-coded or Delta-operated flight. Name on ticket must match name on Delta Reserve Card. The Delta Reserve Cardmember must be at least 21 years of age to enter Clubs with a self-service bar, unless they are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. The Delta Reserve Cardmember's spouse and children under the age of 21 or up to two companions may enter the Club as complimentary guests. Complimentary access is only for Delta Sky Clubs. Codeshare partner and other alliance partner lounges are not included. The Delta Reserve Cardmember must present his or her valid Card and same-day, airline ticket to club agents. Note that amenities may vary among airport Club locations. Meeting rooms may be reserved for a fee. All Delta Sky Club rules apply. To review the rules, please visit delta.com/skyclub. Offer and rules subject to change. Additional restrictions may apply.
Old Nov 13, 2010, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by wbl-mn-flyer
6 to 8 weeks people.

Sep 30 + 6 weeks ~ Nov 11.
Sep 30 + 8 weeks ~ Nov 25.

Be patient.
We went through exactly the same thing with the "Together We Fly" promo earlier this year. DL began posting the miles at right around the 8-week mark though some had to wait a few days longer.

Right after the 8-week mark, there were a flood of posts saying FTers got their credits.

Relax for a couple weeks, then get ready to post your great news.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 4:59 am

Programs: SkyMiles PM, Hyatt Gold Passport Platinum
I think the miles for this promo just posted

I have a large SkyMiles credit from AmEx, all in the bonus column, that I can't otherwise explain.
Old Nov 15, 2010, 6:03 am

Programs: DL DM; DL AMEX Reserve; HHonors Gold
Miles are posting

Holy bonus miles Batman, I spend a lot of $ on my AMEX...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.