Double/Triple SkyMiles with AmEx

Old Jul 8, 10, 9:02 am

Programs: Delta Skymiles Lifetime Silver, MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Has anyone seen this posted to their "My SkyMiles Promotions" yet?
Old Jul 8, 10, 10:36 am

Programs: DL PM, Delta AMEX Reserve, Ritz-Carlton Gold, Priority Pass
Still not showing up in the "My SkyMiles Promotions"

I'm sure it will all be smoothed out later.

I actually found this very useful. I just booked a hotel (which I was going to book anyways) using the SkyMiles Marketplace. I used around 13,000 miles + $cash (love that sliding bar). The 13,000 miles saved me about $150 off the regular price of the hotel. That should qualify me no problem.

If you plan on making delta flight purchases within the qualifying period, it's a pretty good deal IMO.

Someone holler if the promotion shows up in your account.
Old Jul 8, 10, 12:07 pm

Programs: DL Gold; HH; UA
Angry

Warning! I registered last week, a page appeared stating that I was enrolled and I then redeemed 40k miles. I called AMEX yesterday for additional verification of my enrollment in this promotion and was told that there was no record of my enrollment. The same thing happened to a friend.
Old Jul 8, 10, 12:15 pm

Originally Posted by AZGAL View Post
Warning! I registered last week, a page appeared stating that I was enrolled and I then redeemed 40k miles. I called AMEX yesterday for additional verification of my enrollment in this promotion and was told that there was no record of my enrollment. The same thing happened to a friend.
Registered on the 1st and redeemed 10K for gifts cards. No confirmation and it doesn't show up in my promotions. Anybody got an idea on how to confirm that the registration actually occurred? I'm worried that the registration didn't take and DL/Amex will claim any spending I'm doing now doesn't count because I didn't register. This all seems amazingly bush-league for two huge companies.
Old Jul 8, 10, 2:18 pm

Programs: Delta Skymiles Lifetime Silver, MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Well we seem to have a problem. I had registered and then made a Skymall purchase on July 1st. I haven't seen the promotion showing up so I emailed Delta. Below is their response. Has ANYONE received proof that they are registered? I don't want to be forced to redeem more miles because of their technical issues.

Dear Mr. Jump,

Thank you for your e-mail. We appreciate your comments.

In reviewing your account I do not show that you have enrolled in the
promotion "Bounce Back with Double Miles". Please enroll again at
www.deltabounceback.com , you will receive an e-mail confirmation. I
would suggest that you call American Express as to whether you will have
met the requirements necessary to earn the double miles. The promotion
runs until September 30, 2010, and then six to eight weeks the bonus
miles will be posted.
Thanks you for your business and have a great day.

We appreciate your support and trust your future flights will be
entirely satisfactory.

Sincerely,

xyz abc
Medallion Desk
www.delta.com
Old Jul 8, 10, 3:14 pm

Programs: Active: AA, UA, DL
Originally Posted by Jump View Post
Well we seem to have a problem. I had registered and then made a Skymall purchase on July 1st. I haven't seen the promotion showing up so I emailed Delta. Below is their response. Has ANYONE received proof that they are registered?
No proof. After I click the submit button, I get sent directly to delta.com, without any acknowledgment.
Old Jul 8, 10, 4:49 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Hi All,

Thank you for your interest in the Delta Bounce Back promotion. Please rest assured that this is a legitimate Delta and American Express promotion and we are capturing enrollments. We are currently in the process of loading these enrollments into the “My SkyMiles Promotions” section of your profile on delta.com. From this point on, we are planning a biweekly update of SkyMiles Accounts indicating enrollment in the Bounce Back promotion. Bonus miles will be posted between 6 and 8 weeks following the end of the promotion, which is September 30, 2010.

Kevin
Old Jul 8, 10, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by Kevin_SkyMiles Promotions View Post
Hi All,

Thank you for your interest in the Delta Bounce Back promotion. Please rest assured that this is a legitimate Delta and American Express promotion and we are capturing enrollments. We are currently in the process of loading these enrollments into the “My SkyMiles Promotions” section of your profile on delta.com. From this point on, we are planning a biweekly update of SkyMiles Accounts indicating enrollment in the Bounce Back promotion. Bonus miles will be posted between 6 and 8 weeks following the end of the promotion, which is September 30, 2010.

Kevin
I re-registered and got a form confirming that I had already registered. Wanted to print a copy of this page, but the image on the web page won't print (either to printer or to Acrobat), the page has no time/date, and there is no contact information of any kind. It's almost like it's purposely scripted to prevent it from being printed or saved.

"Loading enrollments" into the system (in a few weeks?) and having to send out a "trust us" emails confirms that this promotion implementation is pretty pathetic. How hard is it to send a confirmation email or at least have a web page you can print with a dated confirmation message? Can we expect the same effort/attention to detail getting the rewards later?
Old Jul 8, 10, 9:35 pm

i'm seeing lots of gift cards available in the 'clothing' category of the skymiles marketplace. these giftcards (ie banana republic) can be used on the company's websites too. who knows, maybe even through skymilesshopping.com ?
Old Jul 8, 10, 10:12 pm
ffI

Programs: AA EXP2MM, DL PM, UA 1k2021 <=> HH DM/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P/ CC G, FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
Originally Posted by ScatterX View Post
I re-registered and got a form confirming that I had already registered.
"Loading enrollments" into the system (in a few weeks?) and having to send out a "trust us" emails confirms that this promotion implementation is pretty pathetic.
I have always found DL to be good and Kevin in particular to be outstanding in their miles posting. I found that registering before June 30 did not work, (not surprising as it was due to start July 1) BUT I do get confirmation that I am already registered.

It would be helpful if all offers that are not targeted could be available on log in to DL so that we can be aware and support DL by enrolling easily.
Old Jul 8, 10, 10:41 pm

Programs: DL PM/Sky Club/Marriott Gold
Even SkyMall 10K purchases qualify?

Hi all,

Thanks for everyone's input.
I read the rules, but am still unclear whether ANY spend of 10k miles qualifies for the 10k redemption.

Could I go to SkyMall and spend 10k+ miles according to your read of the rules?

And as a commentary, isn't it sad that we all have to chew up so much time trying to figure out just one silly promotion? Perhaps if you get the DL attorneys to partner up with DL communications people, this might have been more clear at the outset... waaagh..........

Much thanks--
Old Jul 9, 10, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ScatterX View Post
I re-registered and got a form confirming that I had already registered. Wanted to print a copy of this page, but the image on the web page won't print (either to printer or to Acrobat), the page has no time/date, and there is no contact information of any kind. It's almost like it's purposely scripted to prevent it from being printed or saved.
When I went back to the reg page to re-enroll, I got the same screen that says I am already registered. The image won't print but it does bring up an 'already enrolled' page with the date....

http://deltabounceback.com/already_enrolled.html

I *guess* it is in the system but adding it to my DL account promos page sure would inspire a lot more confidence before blowing off the 10K.
Old Jul 9, 10, 7:30 am

Programs: DL DM, Fairmont Platinum, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold, Disney Platinum ;)
The promo isn't showing in my SM account yet but when I try to enroll again I got the page that says I'm already enrolled. It did take enrolling twice for that to happen.

I was able to print the page to PDF which gave me the image, for whatever that's worth if there is a problem. I redeemed 5000 miles for a hotel last night...have another 5000 to go which I will do later this month.
Old Jul 9, 10, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by ffI View Post
I have always found DL to be good and Kevin in particular ...clipped
I have been very impressed by many in Delta and have appreciated Kevin's participation in this forum. My jabs were certainly not for him but the developers of the registration system.
Old Jul 10, 10, 12:43 pm

Programs: DL PM 1MM
Originally Posted by Jump View Post
Has anyone seen this posted to their "My SkyMiles Promotions" yet?
My registration showed up today in the "My SkyMiles Promotions" list, with the Registered Date of about two weeks ago. Anyone else?

Another interesting data point: The Activity Period start date that's listed coincides with the June billing cycle date on my Amex card which is a few days before 7/1. So, it seems likely to me that the actual implementation of this promotion is that the miles that will be doubled/tripled will be those that are the result of my July, August, and September Amex bills. I had been wondering how they intended to recalculate SkyMiles credits on a hard 7/1-9/30 boundary - doing this on a billing statement boundary makes more sense to me....

Search this Thread