FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   Free Hertz #1 Club Gold for DL Skymiles members (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1100097-free-hertz-1-club-gold-dl-skymiles-members.html)

ATL787 Jun 28, 2010 11:23 am

Free Hertz #1 Club Gold for DL Skymiles members

Just found this while searching for discount/promo codes for Hertz membership:

http://www.gadling.com/2010/05/12/fr...miles-members/

https://link.hertz.com/link/goldcorp...orpType=ftgold

enter Delta Skymiles as the program name, and 5765 as the promotion code

It worked for me. Unfortunately, having booked my car through hotwire for this weekend (and got Hertz), I still have to stop by the counter in Denver. Oh well.

Hope this helps some folks, and sorry if this has already been posted elsewhere (or if it belongs in a Hertz forum instead of the DL forum)

tentseller Jun 28, 2010 4:32 pm

Thanks for the info, it worked for me too. Now there is a choice between Hertz Gold and National Emerald (from NW days)

DLNYC Jun 28, 2010 4:56 pm

Thanks for the tip. I assume the fee is waived annually?

HWGeeks Jun 28, 2010 5:01 pm

i thought this was just a Diamond benefit

dd1612 Jun 28, 2010 5:05 pm

Thanks for the information.
Was able to get my HertzGold Card membership free.

Bago'peanuts Jun 28, 2010 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by DLNYC (Post 14210036)
Thanks for the tip. I assume the fee is waived annually?

I'm wondering about this too. The offer states "The annual membership fee of $60 is waived" but it doesn't specify whether the waiver is only good for the first year or whether it is good thereafter. Since credit card info is required to sign up for the offer it would be easy for Hertz to charge a renewal fee after the first year.

kahuna613 Jun 28, 2010 9:56 pm

I believe, at least earlier in the year, this was available to anyone. I signed up, I think just through the Hertz website with no airline affiliation and got it, which is awesome because the underage fee is waived for me and I will be 25 by the time the membership expires. Not clear if you will be charged again automatically-I seem to think not.

sbagdon Jun 30, 2010 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Bago'peanuts (Post 14210307)
I'm wondering about this too. The offer states "The annual membership fee of $60 is waived" but it doesn't specify whether the waiver is only good for the first year or whether it is good thereafter. Since credit card info is required to sign up for the offer it would be easy for Hertz to charge a renewal fee after the first year.

I've never had to pay to renew, yet I've always rented at least one car a year (for whatever reason). Believe if you rent a Prestige Collection, that'll trip the renewal also.

HWGeeks Jul 1, 2010 2:21 pm

they charged me 60 dollars to my car me go ..... at them now

milesho Jul 1, 2010 2:46 pm

Worked for me, too. I used to have Hertz Gold with the Amex Platinum but when I switched to Delta Amex Platinum, it did not renew. So I am glad to have this opportunity. Two rentals coming up in the next few weeks.

For work trips, my company rents direct billed Avis cars, so I don't get to use my Wizard number. :( I use Hertz for personal travel.

flymonthly Jul 1, 2010 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by kahuna613 (Post 14211474)
I believe, at least earlier in the year, this was available to anyone. I signed up, I think just through the Hertz website with no airline affiliation and got it, which is awesome because the underage fee is waived for me and I will be 25 by the time the membership expires. Not clear if you will be charged again automatically-I seem to think not.

^Thanks for the tip! It's just what my son needs. I see that you have to use the "Gold Family CDP Number" to have the underage fee waived. Do you also try pricing rentals using another CDP? I'm worried that Hertz just charges a higher rate using the Gold Family CDP to make up for waiving the underage fee.

For those interested, the fee waived #1 Club Gold membership for 21-24 year olds is available here.

EVA777 Jul 2, 2010 7:18 am

Originally Posted by HWGeeks (Post 14227568)
they charged me 60 dollars to my car me go ..... at them now

Same here! They hit me the $60. A simple phone call resolved the situation and she expalined that the Delta FF CDP code needs to remain in the profile. You don't have to use it but that number needs to remain in your profile. The $60 charge is going to be reversed.

HWGeeks Jul 8, 2010 1:13 pm

yeah i handled it the email route lol

thetagirl99 Nov 12, 2010 9:15 am

code is still working - thanks for the info!

BadTime Mar 24, 2011 12:35 pm

Code still good.