FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)
-   -   $50 Delta E Certificate (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1099440-50-delta-e-certificate.html)

m90291 Jun 26, 2010 12:11 am

$50 Delta E Certificate

I have been trying to figure out how to use this from PHX (home)

I can't get any flights this cheap and this is basically useless to me. Is there anyway I can transfer this to someone else? Or can I sell it on craigslist?

holtju2 Jun 26, 2010 12:19 am

Good night and good luck.

thehowieee Jun 26, 2010 6:01 am

depending on the cert anyone can probably use it. You can't sell it, but you can give it to someone.

CaseyN2 Jun 26, 2010 9:39 am

Would be more than happy to look after the voucher for you:p

Jaimito Cartero Jun 26, 2010 9:41 am

Oh, you can sell it. Market value is 12 cents. :)

skinners12 Jun 28, 2010 12:17 pm

Is there a way that I could possibly get it because I am taking a flight to New York next month, and I need for the flight to be as cheap as possible.

Originally Posted by m90291 (Post 14197421)
I have been trying to figure out how to use this from PHX (home)

I can't get any flights this cheap and this is basically useless to me. Is there anyway I can transfer this to someone else? Or can I sell it on craigslist?

Culrain Jun 28, 2010 1:14 pm

Got any friends/family traveling soon? Buy the ticket for them using the voucher, they'll reimburse you for $50 less than what they would've paid and then they owe you dinner.

ryandelmundo Apr 27, 2012 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by Culrain (Post 14208774)
Got any friends/family traveling soon? Buy the ticket for them using the voucher, they'll reimburse you for $50 less than what they would've paid and then they owe you dinner.

Anyone come up with anything creative here? I got this for complaining and was hoping for some Skypesos. Instead they gave me something I might have trouble using.

If I could use it to get into the SkyClub or pay for drinks on the plane, or even pay for baggage fees, it might be useful.

But its only for the fare.

Ironically, I was complaining about baggage fees they tried to erroneously charge me, and this won't even cover baggage fees!

RFDMinnesota Apr 27, 2012 3:40 pm

E certificates issued after 12/15/11 are NOT transferrable to anyone else unless that person named on the ecert is traveling in the same reservation as the person you wish to give it to.

Basically, it's for you and you alone unless you're traveling with someone and the flight is under 400$... they get what's left over

YesLetsDiscuss Apr 27, 2012 4:13 pm

Originally Posted by ryandelmundo (Post 18472559)
If I could use it to get into the SkyClub or pay for drinks on the plane, or even pay for baggage fees, it might be useful.

But its only for the fare.

I thought you said the reason you can't use it is that DL flights from PHX are too expensive. However, the statement above implies that you will be flying DL in the future.

So why won't you use it as partial payment toward your next DL ticket?

ryandelmundo Apr 30, 2012 1:00 pm

Originally Posted by YesLetsDiscuss (Post 18473132)
I thought you said the reason you can't use it is that DL flights from PHX are too expensive. However, the statement above implies that you will be flying DL in the future.

So why won't you use it as partial payment toward your next DL ticket?

I'm flying an award ticket in a few weeks and if there was any perk I could use on the journey, it'd be great. I don't usually actually buy tickets, especially on Delta (I prefer to stock up on United Miles), so the $50 is not a huge perk. I suppose I'll just have to keep my eyes open for a cheap $50-$100 fare sometime. $50 is $50 after all! :)

-Ryan

mbwmbw Apr 30, 2012 5:00 pm

If you have a bird or pet, feed it to it.