Wiki Posts
Search

Can I be on 2 upgrade request lists?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2010, 5:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL gold, Marriott Platinum, UA silver
Can I be on 2 upgrade request lists?

I had to buy a ticket at the last minute. So, now in middle seats TPA-DTW-SFO in the morning. The medallion desk added me to the upgrade with miles list. Am I still on the medallion list? Am I hurting my very slim chances of an upgrade?
And, is the GA the one to request a new seat or can I do that in the Skyclub in the morning?
I did a search. I found something similar in the pre-merger forum. Doesn't seem too many people look at that one. I know I don't.

Thank you.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 5:57 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Silver, Starwood Platinum
A simple answer yes. The waitlist for the upgrade (for mileage) is different then the medallion upgrade list. They come out of different inventory so you aren't hurting your chances.
As far as seat changes they can change it from the DSC but the GA has access to the "blocked" seats.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 6:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL gold, Marriott Platinum, UA silver
Thank you. Blocked seats. That's the term I was looking for. I'm hoping for an aisle one of those!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.