Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX to ATL - this typical?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2010, 9:14 pm

Programs: AA/US PlatPro & 1.05MM, DL Plat (challenge), UA dirt
When talking to someone at TPARES regarding SDC, I was told that DL can't put as many flights as they would want to on any route in which LAX is a terminus, because there is such demand.

It's in the same class as the DCA-ATL, with regard to the upgrade lists. But, if one flies into any of the other airports--LGB, ONT, SNA, BUR the upgrades are easier to come by.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 8:44 am

That's not so bad.

I usually do the ATL-SFO trip (TPA origin) and the UG list Monday mornings and Thursday nights runs into the 80s or 90s all the time.

Zone 1 boarding is like watching cattle move in for their feed. I'm pretty sure as a GM+ I'll just stay back and board with the silvers.

On the other hand I took a AA flight home last week SFO - DTW - TPA, both legs had very small UG lists. Makes me wonder if Delta just has too many FFs.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 8:49 am

Programs: Delta GM, *G, BA Blue, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver, LHW
Originally Posted by Nocturnal

On the other hand I took a AA flight home last week SFO - DTW - TPA, both legs had very small UG lists. Makes me wonder if Delta just has too many FFs.

No, AA just has a different upgrade program.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post11822043

They'd have the same type of waitlist if AAdvantage was structured similarly to SkyMiles.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 9:14 am

Originally Posted by 318i
No, AA just has a different upgrade program.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...l#post11822043

They'd have the same type of waitlist if AAdvantage was structured similarly to SkyMiles.
Hmm, good to know. That makes me feel a bit better.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 4:05 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AA, VX, VS, UA
Originally Posted by fgirard
It's in the same class as the DCA-ATL, with regard to the upgrade lists. But, if one flies into any of the other airports--LGB, ONT, SNA, BUR the upgrades are easier to come by.
I think DL still only flies non-CRJ 9's/7's regionals into BUR. No upgrades going on there.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 5:07 pm

Programs: DL GM, Marriott PP, Avis Something or other
Originally Posted by frugger
At LAX waiting for the 10:55PM to Atlanta and there are 46 on the standby list and 26 on the upgrade. Is this the norm for trying to get out of LA on a Friday night on this route?
Last time I flew that route I was 47 of 50 on the UG list. Until it updated...then I was 53 of 56!
Old Jun 21, 2010, 5:25 pm

Programs: Dl PM-MMX2, AA Gold, UA Priemier, Hyatt D, Hilton D, Marriott Plat, Avis President's
I fly this route every week, sometimes 2x a week. I'm so lucky my company allows me to book in F. If you want in the F cabin on these flights, you need to just book in F. RT FC LAX-ATL-LAX usually runs (on average for me) right around $1,000 and the best fare codes (Y,B,M + PM or DM status) may, on rare occasions land you an upgrade. L,U,T fares -- forget about it.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by dd992emo
Last time I flew that route I was 47 of 50 on the UG list. Until it updated...then I was 53 of 56!
Wow, that makes me feel better about being 12/35 a while ago for a flight between ATL and DTW.
Old Jun 21, 2010, 7:33 pm

Programs: DL Plat, BA, SQ, SPG, HH, Marriott, Hyatt Gold, Amex MM
Originally Posted by frugger
At LAX waiting for the 10:55PM to Atlanta and there are 46 on the standby list and 26 on the upgrade. Is this the norm for trying to get out of LA on a Friday night on this route?
Last time I purchased coach fare for a LAX-ATL, there were 67 on the upgrade list. 5 cleared, then the rest of us sat in back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.