Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2010, 8:08 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by mersk862
As I bump this thread from the depths of Page 2 (it really sounds like The Lounge here!) and before I go to Dinner and Teh Bar, I want to announce some festivities for Wednesday evening before the DO officially kicks off the next morning.

Cocktail Hour

We will be meeting in the Delta SkyClub on Concourse E, Gate E15 (this is the former BusinessElite lounge) for SkyClub snacks and drinks starting at 7 p.m. If you are not a SkyClub member, there will most likely be enough SkyClub members that can guest you in. If you are flying into Atlanta slightly earlier, I will be in the SkyClub at approximately 6 p.m.

Dinner

We will be having dinner at One Flew South, located on Concourse E (right in the center atrium area, opposite of the Delta check-in/service desks) at 8 p.m.

Menus can be found at their website at http://www.oneflewsouthatl.com/ - however, menu items do tend to change frequently. Entrees tend to be priced around $15 (for a hamburger) to $30+.

Evening Drinks

We will be meeting at the Finish Line Sports Bar at the Hilton Atlanta Airport, the host hotel for the DO. There is no set time for this event (it will be after dinner), but there will likely be FTers there around 10-10:30 p.m.

Please note that these are not official DO events, and costs for dinner/drinks are paid for by each individual.

Given that for these events, one will need to clear TSA security, you will have to provide your name in advance to be able to clear TSA with a gate pass. There will be more information forthcoming on this as we get closer to October and exact logistics are determined. Rather, this is a great opportunity to meet and mingle with FTers in a social environment before the DO - we had about 15-20 people randomly meet at the Finish Line last year and had a great time. Plus, you never know who might show up! (Bob Soukup stopped by for a bit last year...)

I will also post my mobile phone number in this post as we get very close to the event, so that anyone that is looking for us can easily find us.
Missing one item - Entertainment.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 8:23 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by Italy98
I can arrange for that.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 10:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by Italy98
I don't know if that would be a good idea.

Originally Posted by Vuelos
I can arrange for that.
I echo the line I typed directly above this quote in regards to this quote.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 3:59 am

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
I don't know if that would be a good idea.

What? You organize a party but no entertainment? Are you a party pooper?
Old Aug 19, 2010, 6:39 am

Programs: MR Lifetime Titanium, United Silver
we're so in! this will be SO much fun!
Old Aug 19, 2010, 6:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
I am going to pass on the SkyClub and the One Flew Over the Cockoo's Nest Restaurant.

I will be happy to meet with you later in the Hilton Bar.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 6:55 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
We will be meeting at the Finish Line Sports Bar at the Hilton Atlanta Airport, the host hotel for the DO. There is no set time for this event (it will be after dinner), but there will likely be FTers there around 10-10:30 p.m.
We currently have 52 rooms reserved at the Hilton on Wednesday night, 65 for Thursday and Friday nights, 61 on Saturday night, and 15 Sunday night. Should be great!

(Bob Soukup stopped by for a bit last year...)
Why don't you drag Bob along with you?

David
Old Aug 19, 2010, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Why don't you drag Bob along with you?
He has mentioned the DO to me quite a few times over the past month...
Old Aug 19, 2010, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by DiverDave
We currently have 52 rooms reserved at the Hilton on Wednesday night, 65 for Thursday and Friday nights, 61 on Saturday night, and 15 Sunday night. Should be great!
CORRECTION: We currently have 1 room reserved at the Hilton on Tuesday night, 52 on Wednesday night, 65 for Thursday and Friday nights, 61 on Saturday night, and 15 on Sunday night.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 7:11 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Dovster
I am going to pass on the SkyClub and the One Flew Over the Cockoo's Nest Restaurant.

I will be happy to meet with you later in the Hilton Bar.
That's pretty much our position as well.

Our Delta FC thrones arrive in ATL shortly after 7 PM and we're going to beat a path to the Hilton.

We'll see folks in the bar.

And we'll undoubtedly need someone's room number and/or credit card for the bar tab. I'm certain we'll get several volunteers.

I'd offer up mine but I'm retired and on a fixed income.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by Cholula

And we'll undoubtedly need someone's room number and/or credit card for the bar tab. I'm certain we'll get several volunteers.

I'd offer up mine but I'm retired and on a fixed income.
Don't worry, I will sit with you and help you figure out a budget. I am certain that with the $25 million you get per annum from the hot sauce company, together with your Social Security, I can work something out.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 7:46 am

Programs: Delta PM 1MM™, Alaska MVPG75K, Marriott LTTE, United SE, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by Vuelos
I can arrange for that.
Nah... nothin' to be worried about here, Mersk.

There's a Ballet out on Northside Drive that is surprisingly "entertaining." Would require a road trip though...
Old Aug 19, 2010, 8:10 am

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by davakkar
Nah... nothin' to be worried about here, Mersk.

There's a Ballet out on Northside Drive that is surprisingly "entertaining." Would require a road trip though...
That very well could be his cup of tea.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 8:25 am

Programs: Now just a lowly DL PM/1MM. This industry needs some competition. It's just not enjoyable anymore.
OK, so how do we register for the sim time on Sat at noon. Will there be a link at atldo.com? There doesn't seem to be an area to access your account at that site.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by Cholula
That's pretty much our position as well.

Our Delta FC thrones arrive in ATL shortly after 7 PM and we're going to beat a path to the Hilton.
Getting in around 6:30... you should drop into E upon arrival to say hello!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.