Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Old Jun 26, 10, 10:39 am
  #91  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: MCO
Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Posts: 8,690
Originally Posted by Canarsie View Post
Hilton Atlanta Airport has just confirmed that they will once again be the official host hotel of the event this year.As was the case last year, a special Internet web site will be created for attendees of the event to take advantage of their generous terms for the event. That Internet web site will be posted in this thread when it is ready.
since this is FT, i can ask this.....

Does this outstanding rate qualify for points / stay credit toward elite qualification? Sometimes group rates do not.
Crazyhotelguy is offline  
Old Jun 26, 10, 10:49 am
  #92  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Atlanta
Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Posts: 1,224
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy View Post
since this is FT, i can ask this.....

Does this outstanding rate qualify for points / stay credit toward elite qualification? Sometimes group rates do not.
Yes it does... you will get HHonor points for your stay, and your stay will count toward your elite qualification.
atldlff is offline  
Old Jun 26, 10, 10:53 am
  #93  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Atlanta
Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Posts: 1,224
Originally Posted by MemphisQueen View Post
BEST. FIELD. TRIP. EVER.
One of the my FAVORITE QUOTES from last year's event!
atldlff is offline  
Old Jun 26, 10, 11:04 am
  #94  
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: MCO
Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Posts: 8,690
Originally Posted by atldlff View Post
Yes it does... you will get HHonor points for your stay, and your stay will count toward your elite qualification.
EXCELLENT NEWS!!!!! Thanks...
Crazyhotelguy is offline  
Old Jun 26, 10, 11:40 am
  #95  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Huntsville, AL
Programs: DL PM 1.53MM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM.
Posts: 7,295
Originally Posted by atldlff View Post
Yes it does... you will get HHonor points for your stay, and your stay will count toward your elite qualification.
This is FlyerTalk, how could it not count?

HHonors is stingy in a lot of areas, but not in qualifying rates like Priority Club can be. I found out the hard way that anything 25% below the standard room rate doesn't get PC credit.

David
DiverDave is offline  
Old Jun 26, 10, 12:11 pm
  #96  
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SJC/SFO
Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
Posts: 1,408
Anyone else considering a starwood hotel? I'm debating between the Westin airport and the W downtown. If anyone is interested in sharing transport to/from, let me know.
ifette is offline  
Old Jun 26, 10, 9:24 pm
  #97  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: DCA
Programs: UA LT 1K, AA PPro- LT Gold, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
Posts: 9,101
Originally Posted by atldlff View Post
We haven't finalized the Sunday agenda at this point, but I am sure that we will wrap up the day by 5:00 p.m. It is only a 5 min. ride to the airport so most people should be able to get flights home that evening.
Interested in attending. If Sunday wraps up by 5pm, what does does Thursday morning start? (ie catch an early morning flight to arrive before 9am) Or is it necessary to arrive on Wed night?
cova is offline  
Old Jun 26, 10, 9:36 pm
  #98  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: 6000 ft altitude below the LIBERTY 5 departure from KEWR
Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Premier
Posts: 14,433
Originally Posted by ifette View Post
Anyone else considering a starwood hotel? I'm debating between the Westin airport and the W downtown. If anyone is interested in sharing transport to/from, let me know.
I'd be interested...at least for a night or two. I'm probably going to stay at the Hilton on Wednesday night, but depending on the need for stays might do some SPG properties other nights (I'll figure it out once the schedule is finalized).
mersk862 is offline  
Old Jun 26, 10, 9:43 pm
  #99  
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: AUS
Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Silver/MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
Posts: 6,042
No "Low" coach awards available from AUS.
Stripe is offline  
Old Jun 26, 10, 11:11 pm
  #100  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MSP
Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ Super Plats
Posts: 25,247
Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
No "Low" coach awards available from AUS.
But you'll get a whole 2% reduction on your paid fare!

Let's see, CO's reductions @ the CO DOs were 5% (more for paid F) and bookable on the web. Oh, yeah, they handled buses & registration, too ...
MikeMpls is offline  
Old Jun 27, 10, 7:24 am
  #101  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Posts: 13,747
Originally Posted by MikeMpls View Post
But you'll get a whole 2% reduction on your paid fare!

Let's see, CO's reductions @ the CO DOs were 5% (more for paid F) and bookable on the web. Oh, yeah, they handled buses & registration, too ...
true but even the 5% didnt' always make the fare acceptable...I have flown NWA to the CO do's in the past because of a large difference in fare (and a better chance at EUA)
socrates is offline  
Old Jun 27, 10, 7:38 am
  #102  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Atlanta
Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Posts: 1,224
Originally Posted by cova View Post
Interested in attending. If Sunday wraps up by 5pm, what does does Thursday morning start? (ie catch an early morning flight to arrive before 9am) Or is it necessary to arrive on Wed night?
We are still working on the final details of the schedule. If you arrive at the event by 9:00 a.m. on Thursday morning, you should be fine. I do believe that there will be some type of social gathering on Wednesday evening for those that arrive the night before and want to attend.
atldlff is offline  
Old Jun 27, 10, 7:45 am
  #103  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Yiron, Israel
Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Posts: 64,607
Originally Posted by atldlff View Post
We are still working on the final details of the schedule. If you arrive at the event by 9:00 a.m. on Thursday morning, you should be fine. I do believe that there will be some type of social gathering on Wednesday evening for those that arrive the night before and want to attend.
I will be arriving on Tuesday morning and staying at least a week. Can you arrange some type of social gathering for the evenings when nothing else is planned? Do not go out of your way for this -- a blonde, brunette, or redhead will do.
Dovster is offline  
Old Jun 27, 10, 8:06 am
  #104  
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Atlanta
Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Posts: 1,224
Originally Posted by Dovster View Post
I will be arriving on Tuesday morning and staying at least a week. Can you arrange some type of social gathering for the evenings when nothing else is planned? Do not go out of your way for this -- a blonde, brunette, or redhead will do.
With your reputation Dov, once the word is out that you will be in Atlanta for entire week, I assumed you would be overwhelmed with requests for social engagements. If that is not the case, let us know as I am sure one of the helpful volunteers can assist you...
atldlff is offline  
Old Jun 27, 10, 8:34 am
  #105  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: BOS/EAP
Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Posts: 25,879
Originally Posted by cova View Post
Interested in attending. If Sunday wraps up by 5pm, what does does Thursday morning start? (ie catch an early morning flight to arrive before 9am) Or is it necessary to arrive on Wed night?
I am in the same boat, take the 7 am flight out of BOS on Thursday and then the 5 pm back on Sunday. Hope this works out.
cfischer is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: