Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Old Jun 26, 10, 10:39 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by Canarsie View Post
Hilton Atlanta Airport has just confirmed that they will once again be the official host hotel of the event this year.As was the case last year, a special Internet web site will be created for attendees of the event to take advantage of their generous terms for the event. That Internet web site will be posted in this thread when it is ready.
since this is FT, i can ask this.....

Does this outstanding rate qualify for points / stay credit toward elite qualification? Sometimes group rates do not.
Old Jun 26, 10, 10:49 am

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy View Post
since this is FT, i can ask this.....

Does this outstanding rate qualify for points / stay credit toward elite qualification? Sometimes group rates do not.
Yes it does... you will get HHonor points for your stay, and your stay will count toward your elite qualification.
Old Jun 26, 10, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by MemphisQueen View Post
BEST. FIELD. TRIP. EVER.
One of the my FAVORITE QUOTES from last year's event!
Old Jun 26, 10, 11:04 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Originally Posted by atldlff View Post
Yes it does... you will get HHonor points for your stay, and your stay will count toward your elite qualification.
EXCELLENT NEWS!!!!! Thanks...
Old Jun 26, 10, 11:40 am

Programs: DL PM 1.53MM, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM.
This is FlyerTalk, how could it not count?

HHonors is stingy in a lot of areas, but not in qualifying rates like Priority Club can be. I found out the hard way that anything 25% below the standard room rate doesn't get PC credit.

David
Old Jun 26, 10, 12:11 pm

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
Anyone else considering a starwood hotel? I'm debating between the Westin airport and the W downtown. If anyone is interested in sharing transport to/from, let me know.
Old Jun 26, 10, 9:24 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K, AA PPro- LT Gold, Bonvoy LT Titan, Avis PC, Hilton Gold
We haven't finalized the Sunday agenda at this point, but I am sure that we will wrap up the day by 5:00 p.m. It is only a 5 min. ride to the airport so most people should be able to get flights home that evening.
Interested in attending. If Sunday wraps up by 5pm, what does does Thursday morning start? (ie catch an early morning flight to arrive before 9am) Or is it necessary to arrive on Wed night?
Old Jun 26, 10, 9:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: 6000 ft altitude below the LIBERTY 5 departure from KEWR
Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Premier
Originally Posted by ifette View Post
Anyone else considering a starwood hotel? I'm debating between the Westin airport and the W downtown. If anyone is interested in sharing transport to/from, let me know.
I'd be interested...at least for a night or two. I'm probably going to stay at the Hilton on Wednesday night, but depending on the need for stays might do some SPG properties other nights (I'll figure it out once the schedule is finalized).
Old Jun 26, 10, 9:43 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum/MM, DL Silver/MM, Hilton Diamond, Hertz 5* Gold
No "Low" coach awards available from AUS.
Old Jun 26, 10, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ Super Plats
Originally Posted by Stripe View Post
No "Low" coach awards available from AUS.
But you'll get a whole 2% reduction on your paid fare!

Let's see, CO's reductions @ the CO DOs were 5% (more for paid F) and bookable on the web. Oh, yeah, they handled buses & registration, too ...
Old Jun 27, 10, 7:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by MikeMpls View Post
But you'll get a whole 2% reduction on your paid fare!

Let's see, CO's reductions @ the CO DOs were 5% (more for paid F) and bookable on the web. Oh, yeah, they handled buses & registration, too ...
true but even the 5% didnt' always make the fare acceptable...I have flown NWA to the CO do's in the past because of a large difference in fare (and a better chance at EUA)
Old Jun 27, 10, 7:38 am

Originally Posted by cova View Post
Interested in attending. If Sunday wraps up by 5pm, what does does Thursday morning start? (ie catch an early morning flight to arrive before 9am) Or is it necessary to arrive on Wed night?
We are still working on the final details of the schedule. If you arrive at the event by 9:00 a.m. on Thursday morning, you should be fine. I do believe that there will be some type of social gathering on Wednesday evening for those that arrive the night before and want to attend.
Old Jun 27, 10, 7:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
We are still working on the final details of the schedule. If you arrive at the event by 9:00 a.m. on Thursday morning, you should be fine. I do believe that there will be some type of social gathering on Wednesday evening for those that arrive the night before and want to attend.
I will be arriving on Tuesday morning and staying at least a week. Can you arrange some type of social gathering for the evenings when nothing else is planned? Do not go out of your way for this -- a blonde, brunette, or redhead will do.
Old Jun 27, 10, 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Dovster View Post
I will be arriving on Tuesday morning and staying at least a week. Can you arrange some type of social gathering for the evenings when nothing else is planned? Do not go out of your way for this -- a blonde, brunette, or redhead will do.
With your reputation Dov, once the word is out that you will be in Atlanta for entire week, I assumed you would be overwhelmed with requests for social engagements. If that is not the case, let us know as I am sure one of the helpful volunteers can assist you...
Old Jun 27, 10, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by cova View Post
I am in the same boat, take the 7 am flight out of BOS on Thursday and then the 5 pm back on Sunday. Hope this works out.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: