Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2010, 5:32 am

Location: ATL - DL DM/3MM - HH Lifetime Diamond - Marriott Lifetime Plat
Originally Posted by ifette
What about the de-icing trucks? They have little booms on the end that a person sits in, they elevate, *AND* they can be raced. *AND* you can fill them with water and have awesome battles....

ok, maybe that is asking a bit much
Reminds me of one of a Top Gear episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K05NgDMz2r4&feature=fvsr
Old Aug 3, 2010, 5:56 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by Tomphot
Reminds me of one of a Top Gear episode

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K05NgDMz2r4&feature=fvsr
Way too funny, but could we please, could we please, please, please do that? ATL is a big airport, I am sure that DL could rig up a course for us out of the way of the airplanes, and let us rip, right?
Old Aug 3, 2010, 6:22 am

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Burj
As long as we guessing...
I know - they are bringing George Clooney to the DO so we can tell him about the DL equivalent of Concierge Key. Oh wait....
Old Aug 3, 2010, 10:53 am

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Here we are, the afternoon of the second day of the announced week when the announcement was to be announced announcing the announcement of the to be announced major development with yet no announcement of the announced announcement.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 11:01 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Italy98
Here we are, the afternoon of the second day of the announced week when the announcement was to be announced announcing the announcement of the to be announced major development with yet no announcement of the announced announcement.
We have a meeting scheduled for tomorrow evening that will hopefully allow us to reveal the announcement as soon as late tomorrow evening.

This announcement requires the cooperation and blessing of at least three different divisions of Delta Air Lines, as well as attempting to minimize any conflicts or changes in the published schedule. We are also working on how to best handle this major announcement. So far, everything seems to be falling into place.

I appreciate everyone’s patience and hope everyone understands why we cannot reveal information prematurely...
Old Aug 3, 2010, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by Canarsie
and blessing of at least three different divisions of Delta Air Lines
Sherman only needed one Division to take ATL, why does Delta require three?
Old Aug 3, 2010, 11:29 am

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
We have a meeting scheduled for tomorrow evening that will hopefully allow us to reveal the announcement as soon as late tomorrow evening.

This announcement requires the cooperation and blessing of at least three different divisions of Delta Air Lines, as well as attempting to minimize any conflicts or changes in the published schedule. We are also working on how to best handle this major announcement. So far, everything seems to be falling into place.

I appreciate everyone’s patience and hope everyone understands why we cannot reveal information prematurely...
+1 ^

Originally Posted by Gargoyle
Δ needs one for each side.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 12:07 pm

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Sherman had better IT.

David
Old Aug 3, 2010, 12:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, MM. Coffee isn't a drug, it's a vitamin.
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Sherman had better IT.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 12:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat

(snip)

Well, I for one am not going to keep the secret any longer.

The three divisions are Public Relations, Safety, and Cinematography.

The plan is to make a completely new Safety video, with DL employees playing themselves in their actual jobs and FTers portraying the passengers.

The difference between this video and the ones you are used to seeing on flights is that the new one will be realistic.

Some sample scenes:

The pressure in the cabin falls and the oxygen masks come down. An FT woman puts the mask on her 3 year old and the FA rips it off of his face, screaming, "Didn't you hear me say to put on your own masks first??? Ignore my instructions one more time and you will be put on the No Fly List -- if by any miracle we survive this flight."

Deltalina shows me how to put on my seat belt and I invite her to dinner. She shakes her finger and says, "There is no hitting on me on this or any other Delta flight -- creep!"

The pilot announces that we are about to crash and that everyone should put his head between his legs. Cholula finds it complete impossible to bend even half the distance. Mrs. C immediately gets on her cell phone and buys $5 million more life insurance on him.

Italy98 screams in panic that there is no life vest under his seat. He is so frightened that he yells this in Italian, which nobody but Gargoyle can understand. Gargoyle unselfishly gives Italy98 his own life vest, an act which would have been even more impressive if the plane had not been over the Mojave Desert at the time.

ifette makes a last request -- for a toy de-icing truck that he can play with while the plane starts ripping apart. atldlff objects strongly to this, afraid that ifette will use it to melt the ice in his Woodfords.

USirritated announces that he wants it officially noted that his last words were, "Dovster is deranged". pbjag and Traveller correct him by saying, "the correct word is 'perverted.'"

Canarsie refuses to confirm nor deny either my alleged derangement or my perversion until he gets permission from three different Delta divisions.

As the plane is just moments away from crashing into a mountainside, all the FTers scream out that they want extra SkyMiles for compensation. SkyMilesInsider agrees to give them all a 200% bonus and immediately raises all prices of award tickets by 300%.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 12:20 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Some people would say that Sherman had better sense than Delta. Better old fashioned horse sense anyway. But I wouldn't say such a thing.....no, never! Why would I?

Old Aug 3, 2010, 12:22 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by DiverDave
Sherman had better IT.

David
As Itsaboutthejourney would say ^^^
Old Aug 3, 2010, 12:25 pm
Suspended

DL FlyerTalk Event

Is that the same netbook which is also the cloud server for Delta.com?
I am very concerned about discrimination and have a call into my attorney. Several people have asked me not to come because I am too good looking, thus making other guys look bad.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by Dovster

The plan is to make a completely new Safety video, with DL employees playing themselves in their actual jobs and FTers portraying the passengers.

The difference between this video and the ones you are used to seeing on flights is that the new one will be realistic.

Some sample scenes:

The pressure in the cabin falls and the oxygen masks come down. An FT woman puts the mask on her 3 year old and the FA rips it off of his face, screaming, "Didn't you hear me say to put on your own masks first??? Ignore my instructions one more time and you will be put on the No Fly List -- if by any miracle we survive this flight."

Deltalina shows me how to put on my seat belt and I invite her to dinner. She shakes her finger and says, "There is no hitting on me on this or any other Delta flight -- creep!"

The pilot announces that we are about to crash and that everyone should put his head between his legs. Cholula finds it complete impossible to bend even half the distance. Mrs. C immediately gets on her cell phone and buys $5 million more life insurance on him.

Italy98 screams in panic that there is no life vest under his seat. He is so frightened that he yells this in Italian, which nobody but Gargoyle can understand. Gargoyle unselfishly gives Italy98 his own life vest, an act which would have been even more impressive if the plane had not been over the Mojave Desert at the time.

ifette makes a last request -- for a toy de-icing truck that he can play with while the plane starts ripping apart. atldlff objects strongly to this, afraid that ifette will use it to melt the ice in his Woodfords.

USirritated announces that he wants it officially noted that his last words were, "Dovster is deranged". pbjag and Traveller correct him by saying, "the correct word is 'perverted.'"

Canarsie refuses to confirm nor deny either my alleged derangement or my perversion until he gets permission from three different Delta divisions.

As the plane is just moments away from crashing into a mountainside, all the FTers scream out that they want extra SkyMiles for compensation. SkyMilesInsider agrees to give them all a 200% bonus and immediately raises all prices of award tickets by 300%.
For a moment I thought that this was The Delta Forum Lounge™ Thread where Everybody is Welcome!

Originally Posted by DaddyRabbit
I am very concerned about discrimination and have a call into my attorney. Several people have asked me not to come because I am too good looking, thus making other guys look bad.
Except for maybe Dovster, Canarsie, mersk862, jfe, MikeMpls, icurhere2 and possibly MikeMpls.
Old Aug 3, 2010, 1:01 pm

Programs: DYKWIA Extraordinaire. TrollSlayer Mega Diamond. [insert esoteric sounding status level(s) here]
Originally Posted by Dovster

Some sample scenes:

Thank you for the laugh.

I think you forgot mersk862 asking where his big giant check was... MikeMpls would remind him that CO did it better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.