Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2010, 1:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by Canarsie
Trust me when I say that the announcements we are planning do not include telling everyone to go to El...
That is a very disappointing thing to hear from a nice Jewish boy.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 2:00 pm

Programs: SPG Lifetime Plat, AA Gold, UA Gold, DL Silver, HH Gold, Vail Epic
Trust me when I say that the announcements we are planning do not include telling everyone to go to El...
Another good hint, I see!

So the announcements y'all are planning may include telling someone to go to El...?
Old Aug 2, 2010, 2:26 pm

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
While you all are excited about going to another level, I keep getting this sinking feeling that my leaving on Saturday is going to be a disappointment for me.

Also, on the topic of the safety video, last night I heard someone say "I'm so sorry". For about 60 minutes I kept running that phrase through my head until I had the ah-ha moment and realized where I knew that phrase from.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 3:19 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by Dovster
Haven't you ever been on the El in NYC?
ITYM Chicago. It's still the Subway in NYC, even when elevated. The Els were all torn down, much like T2 and T3 should have been.

My guess for surprise announcement: chartered helicopter between ATL and the Hilton
Old Aug 2, 2010, 5:51 pm

As long as we are guessing....

Part of me SO SO SO badly wants it to be something where we get to try out the simulators...and I could see how scheduling would be tricky and would probably have to be an after hours event...

But another part of me wonders how this would work with such a large group....

Here's hoping the first part of me is right!
Old Aug 2, 2010, 5:59 pm

Programs: Newly minted free agent; MR LT(!)TE, HH SE, BA SECM, DL MM, UA PS, 2V Fanboi, CBP GE
Originally Posted by Burj
Part of me SO SO SO badly wants it to be something where we get to try out the simulators...and I could see how scheduling would be tricky and would probably have to be an after hours event...

We'll just use the A380 sim!
Old Aug 2, 2010, 6:35 pm

Programs: ABP, Mr. Mom without the kids, Signor Mucci, DL PM, HH & Hyatt Diamond
Does DL have more than one Sim? If so, the big $$$ donors can select which sim and it goes on down the line.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 7:54 pm

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Originally Posted by MikeMpls

Maybe they are bringing in some people who know how to entertain FlyerTalkers -- I've never had so much to drink before 9 a.m. ... and between 4000 and 10000 feet, give or take a couple thousand.

This was just a mundane party flight. The second group got to experience the 757-200's potential for vertical takeoff.
To the uninitiated (Mersk862, Dovster and others are initiated...), the woman in the middle of the photo is none other than Continental Forum's beloved Chavon, with a couple others from the same Gordon-era safety video. (See also http://www.continentaldo.com/, and Mersk862 is in a few photos elsewhere from CO DO IV days). Yes, you remember the safety video from Gordon's days - and it isn't on Youtube.

And I still have 2 sets of CO 1st class coffee cups...

Last edited by flyzabit; Aug 2, 2010 at 8:06 pm
Old Aug 2, 2010, 7:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Originally Posted by flyzabit
To the uninitiated (Mersk862, Dovster and others are initiated...), the woman in the middle of the photo is none other than Continental Forum's beloved Chavon. (See also http://www.continentaldo.com/, and Mersk862 is in a few photos elsewhere from CO DO IV days). Yes, you remember the safety video from Gordon's days - and it isn't on Youtube.
Don't forget...all the F/As on those flights were from previous CO safety videos! Maybe we can get Sparkle Tooth F/A in on the DO too

And I look really short in that photo of me standing next to Larry Kellner. Then again, I'm 5'6" and he's something like 6'6"...

And sadly, those photos of me with the check are some of the better ones taken of me.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 8:03 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mersk862
Maybe we can get Sparkle Tooth F/A in on the DO too
Are you referring to the one I call Mr. Clean?
Old Aug 2, 2010, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, AS MVP75K, AA PlatPro, UA Premier, Disney AP
Are you referring to the one I call Mr. Clean?
I believe that's the one.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 8:08 pm

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
Originally Posted by Burj
As long as we are guessing....

Here's hoping the first part of me is right!
I have a demonstrated ability to create "ground turbulence" in a sim...
Old Aug 2, 2010, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by Italy98
Does DL have more than one Sim? If so, the big $$$ donors can select which sim and it goes on down the line.
Hopefully there's a Link trainer for those of us at the bottom of the list.
Old Aug 2, 2010, 8:29 pm

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
[QUOTE=Dovster;14408039]That may be fine and dandy but how about getting Exit Aisle Seat Girl to come to the Do?QUOTE]

HEY! I have a weakness for red heads!

Originally Posted by sc flier
We get to go up in ATL's 398-foot-tall control tower!?!
That is just what I was thinking!
Old Aug 3, 2010, 12:56 am

Programs: DL DM MM (fmr NW Plat), BA GGL/CCR, Aegean Gold, WorldClubs Life, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat, HHonors Dmnd
What about the de-icing trucks? They have little booms on the end that a person sits in, they elevate, *AND* they can be raced. *AND* you can fill them with water and have awesome battles....

ok, maybe that is asking a bit much

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.