Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles
Reload this Page >

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The 2010 Second Annual Delta Air Lines FlyerTalk Event — October 21-24, 2010

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2010, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Fallen Plats, ex-WN CP, DYKWIW; still a Hilton Diamond & Club Cholula™ R.I.P. Super Plats
Originally Posted by Italy98
The jet will include a pilot for those of us without the proper rating.
Not really necessary unless you feel you exceed the qualifications for the self-instruction program that comes with it: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Flying and Gliding.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 3:10 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Originally Posted by Dovster
Can I get re-ranged? I miss seeing the deer and the antelope play.
What I would be afraid of, is that if you did see the deer and the antelope play, what sort of nasty things would you do to them, and would you scare the other animals?
Old Aug 1, 2010, 3:42 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Bates Motel Plat
Originally Posted by USirritated
What I would be afraid of, is that if you did see the deer and the antelope play, what sort of nasty things would you do to them, and would you scare the other animals?
The bucks would very safe from me but I make no guarantees about the does.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 5:39 am

Programs: Delta PM, IC Ambassador, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by MikeMpls
Not really necessary unless you feel you exceed the qualifications for the self-instruction program that comes with it: The Complete Idiot's Guide to Flying and Gliding.
They were going to make "The Complete Idiot's Guide to being a TSA agent" but then the first draft was compared to the TSA SOP guide and it was decided they were too similar.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 8:07 am

Programs: DL:PM - Reserve, 2MM, FC, RW; HH: SILVER MR: SILVER
Good morning Lounge™ members, oh wait this isn’t the Lounge™ or is it? In any event, I have an announcement to make…

Effectively immediately Canarsie has volunteered to head up announcements, which makes this announcement really just a notice. If you don't notice this notice, then I am not sure you will be clear about any future announcements or notices.* If you are not Clear... nevermind, that was last year's event.

Originally Posted by Vuelos
C'mon chartered 747/777... that'll put that little thing CO did to shame.
C'mon... anyone could charter a 747/777. This is something much better than that.

Originally Posted by Gargoyle
They we could each book a B/E TATL R/T.

(just kidding. I just did one of those for 95k, but we're not allowed to admit that)
I believe that lower award availability might just be to the fact that your B/E in-flight service on your flight is, shall we say, self-service?

Originally Posted by Canarsie
We are currently scrambling ...
Who is We? I have already had breakfast.

Originally Posted by Canarsie
On second thought, I am not sure we should post the announcement at all, atldlff.

After all, how could we ever even hope to possibly top the following ideas and suggestions:
Well, since you are now in charge of announcements, you can decide if you want to announce anything. But you can't cancel your announcement, until we decide who is in charge of cancellations.

I will say this, about that, and those suggestions - Even with 4 million miles you wouldn't get this...

Originally Posted by SomeGuy
How long does it take to get a refund from cxcl on RWT?
Cancelled? Hmmm... I will have to transfer you to ECS (Event Customer Service), please hold.

Some of the people writing in this thread, and attending this DO, are SICK PUPPIES for sure!
So we need an event Vet? I don't believe that person is on the volunteer list. Nothing worse that a large group of sick puppies...

Can I get re-ranged? I miss seeing the deer and the antelope play.
That all depends if you can remember that seldom is heard a discouraging word...

Originally Posted by MikeMpls
That's interesting, there are so many used copies available... they somehow survived the crash.

* All future announcement and notices are subject to change and review.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 8:17 am
Suspended

Programs: DL SM, UA MP.
Are there going to be blunt questions asked of the execs. about the awards program or is this a meet and greet and just feel honored to be meeting them thing?

Seems the consensus against the value of the SM program has changed at least in the last year on FT. The "new" SM program they rolled out last fall has made low-mileage awards ridiculously rare.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by atldlff
Effectively immediately Canarsie has volunteered to head up announcements, which makes this announcement really just a notice.
Can we get scoow to translate them?
Old Aug 1, 2010, 8:32 am

Programs: DL DM 1.929MM, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, IHG Platinum, Avis CHM, Marriott Titanium (lifetime gold)
Originally Posted by wco81
Are there going to be blunt questions asked of the execs. about the awards program or is this a meet and greet and just feel honored to be meeting them thing?
Blunt questions were asked last year, don't know why this year would be different.

David
Old Aug 1, 2010, 8:44 am

Programs: Delta GM, (fmr US CP/PP/GP!), DL SkyClub, Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Avis Chairman's Club
Can we get scoow to translate them?
Would those be S-cow announcements or translations?
Old Aug 1, 2010, 9:03 am

Would those be S-cow announcements or translations?
You will notice that the latest, very important, announcement is still being kept under wraps.

From that, I understand that it is an escrow announcement.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 9:17 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by wco81

Seems the consensus against the value of the SM program has changed at least in the last year on FT. The "new" SM program they rolled out last fall has made low-mileage awards ridiculously rare.
For the executive session last year, we had asked them if we needed to pre-screen questions or if there was any topic that was taboo.

Jeff Robertson and the other executives replied with a resounding emphatic “No.”

As long as everyone remains civil and the discourse remains constructive, the blunt questions are actually encouraged. Aside from any sensitive information that may be deemed damaging to Delta Air Lines remaining competitive, all questions asked were answered, with the answers being rather straight-forward, informative and honest, whether or not they were popular.

By the way, the Delta Air Lines executives and employees will be encouraged to ask the blunt questions as well. Be prepared to answer in a straight-forward, informative and honest manner as well.

I was the moderator for the session last year, primarily to ensure that the discussion flowed freely, that the discourse remained constructive, and that as much information is exchanged as possible, but my services were never needed. I am hoping for the same this year.

The result last year was what I felt was an amazing and successful session. It was valuable, informative and even fun! When the time came for the session to end, no one left the room.

Primarily as a result of the success Delta Air Lines Executive question-and-answer session last year, the session, as well as its format, is being significantly expanded for this year in many different ways.

Get your questions ready, blunt or not...
Old Aug 1, 2010, 9:23 am

Programs: DL 2.8 MM/PM, AA MM/GLD, Marriott LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Tomphot
Let the Over and Under expectations begin ............
Perhaps a dunk tank for Jeff Robertson at the RWT pool?
Old Aug 1, 2010, 9:42 am

You will notice that the latest, very important, announcement is still being kept under wraps.

From that, I understand that it is an escrow announcement.
Yes, I am in the Real Estate business, and thought of that, when at first I misread the poster's name as SCROOW!
Old Aug 1, 2010, 9:46 am

Yes, I am in the Real Estate business, and thought of that, when at first I misread the poster's name as SCROOW!
Given her constant and repeated refusals to consent to my simple, albeit lewd, requests I think of her as SCROOGE.
Old Aug 1, 2010, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Retired :)
Can someone please email me when The Announcement is made? I don't have much opportunity to read FT during the work week anymore.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.